ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The OFFICIAL 2013 Mizzou Tigers Basketball Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268694)

Mr_Tomahawk 01-12-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 9311837)
Quite a "woof" performance tonight. Lost to a team that lost to Middle Tenn. St and Indiana St.

Yikes.

CoMoChief 01-13-2013 06:56 AM

LMAO MU still can't win on the road.

It will be an interested conference season for them on the road.

Prison Bitch 01-13-2013 12:55 PM

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8377/8...3f3a97fbde.jpg

Dartgod 01-13-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9313462)

Cant' spell gigantic ass without G-I-G-A-N-T-I-C-A-S-S

WilliamTheIrish 01-13-2013 04:36 PM

Pics of fans are pretty funny. And you could find them for every fan base.

Prison Bitch 01-13-2013 07:32 PM

What makes us laugh is the bragging about the SEC! It just never ceases to crack me up.

ChiTown 01-13-2013 07:36 PM

I didn't see this game, but 49 points? WTF kind of train-wreck game was that?

Oh, and ROFL

Spott 01-13-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9315795)
What makes us laugh is the bragging about the SEC! It just never ceases to crack me up.

What's even funnier is your dumbass obsession over a team that is not your rival and will never be again.

Chiefs Pantalones 01-13-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9315839)
What's even funnier is your dumbass obsession over a team that is not your rival and will never be again.

Don't pay attention to him. Some people are jerks like that. They like to pick on the special people that are less fortunate. ;)

Pitt Gorilla 01-13-2013 08:01 PM

KU Fan can't stay away.

Prison Bitch 01-15-2013 10:02 AM

And yet it is Mizzou begging KU to keep playing. That says it all about who is "obsessed"

In five years there won't be many non-alums who even follow Mizzou here in Kansas City anyway.

phisherman 01-15-2013 10:39 AM

So, I always wondered, why would KU play Colorado after they left the Big 12, yet refuse to play Mizzou?

stonedstooge 01-15-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phisherman (Post 9320301)
So, I always wondered, why would KU play Colorado after they left the Big 12, yet refuse to play Mizzou?

Duh. You schedule teams you can beat. Beakers are afraid of Mizzou

Prison Bitch 01-15-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phisherman (Post 9320301)

Coach and A.D. are both Kansas alums.

phisherman 01-15-2013 02:07 PM

But didn't Colorado do the same thing that Mizzou did?

Spott 01-15-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9320206)
And yet it is Mizzou begging KU to keep playing. That says it all about who is "obsessed"

In five years there won't be many non-alums who even follow Mizzou here in Kansas City anyway.

A few days go by and you're still obsessed with Mizzou and completely reeruned about every subject you talk about.

CoMoChief 01-15-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9320206)

Can't say I disagree w/ this.

KU fans could really give a shit whether MU/KU play again...I like the rivalry..esp at Columbia, because that's really the only real chance MU has to win. But I'm not gonna bitch and moan about it. MU leaving really screwed over the college sports scene here in KC. But you will always find countless numbers of MU fans bitching whining about how KU won't play them......MU's the one that left...plain n simply...take your ball to the SEC and get fisted by Kentucky.

Spott 01-15-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9321036)
Can't say I disagree w/ this.

KU fans could really give a shit whether MU/KU play again...I like the rivalry..esp at Columbia, because that's really the only real chance MU has to win. But you will always find countless numbers of MU fans bitching whining about how KU won't play them......MU's the one that left...plain n simply...take your ball to the SEC and get fisted by Kentucky.

MU fans don't give a shit about KU or the Big 12 anymore either. I could care less if they ever play again in any sport. They have already moved to a conference that pays them more and is better in all 3 of the major sports than the Big 12. KU fans are the one's thay keep posting in this thread yet the thread title clearly says Mizzou.

Prison Bitch 01-15-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phisherman (Post 9321014)
But didn't Colorado do the same thing that Mizzou did?

Nope. Colorado didn't behave like idiots out the door, nor did Nebraska. Neither demanded KU keep playing - they both asked nicely, and in private. In Nebraska's case they even offered a 2-game series with their "home game" at Sprint Center. Neither assumed they are simply entitled to get KU basketball on the schedule because to do so would be laughable.

Neither threw public tantrums and tried to get local & national media to continue the KU series. Neither enlisted the help of the State's governor insult conf schools (as Jay Nixon did) or have him contact KU. Neither one actively roots for the BIg 12 to collapse as MU fans did. Neithers fan base stood up to boo Bill Self in a stupid AS Game softball appearance.

I hope this gives you some ideas you weren't made aware of yet while listening to Jack Harry on 41 News.

phisherman 01-15-2013 03:05 PM

Painting with a pretty broad brush there aren't you?

mnchiefsguy 01-15-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9321258)
Nope. Colorado didn't behave like idiots out the door, nor did Nebraska. Neither demanded KU keep playing - they both asked nicely, and in private. In Nebraska's case they even offered a 2-game series with their "home game" at Sprint Center. Neither assumed they are simply entitled to get KU basketball on the schedule because to do so would be laughable.

Neither threw public tantrums and tried to get local & national media to continue the KU series. Neither enlisted the help of the State's governor insult conf schools (as Jay Nixon did) or have him contact KU. Neither one actively roots for the BIg 12 to collapse as MU fans did. Neithers fan base stood up to boo Bill Self in a stupid AS Game softball appearance.

I hope this gives you some ideas you weren't made aware of yet while listening to Jack Harry on 41 News.

I do not know what kind of crack you are smoking, but this entire post is a bunch of bullshit. KU was the one who threw the temper tantrum, and declared they would never play a school that left the conference...except then showed their own hypocrisy by scheduling Colorado.

I do not know of any fans who actively rooted for the Big XII to fail. The focus of MU fans has been on the SEC move, not on what was left behind.

MU offered to play KU anywhere, anytime to keep the rivalry going. KU walked away, KU ended it, plain and simple....and no lying on your part is going to change that.

kepp 01-15-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phisherman (Post 9321281)
Painting with a pretty broad brush there aren't you?

Brush? He still uses his fingers.

FishingRod 01-15-2013 03:38 PM

I enjoyed the games and will miss them.

Prison Bitch 01-15-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9321348)
and declared they would never play a school that left the conference...

I don't remember that. Can you cite the quote that said they'd never play CU or Nebraska or A&M?

Quote:

MU offered to play KU anywhere, anytime to keep the rivalry going. KU walked away, KU ended it, plain and simple....and no lying on your part is going to change that.
You seem to be confused. KU said they may or may not continue it based on what they decide is best for their own interests. Since you don't know his actual quote, I've posted it here for you to read:

“If we play them moving forward, it’ll be strictly because we think it’s best for our basketball program,” Self said. “Not because of what anybody else feels.”

He was asked to elaborate.

“I don’t know … need a home game to sell out? We’re doing that anyway,” Self said. “Add a game to our season-ticket package that will help fans think they’re getting their money’s worth? We’re doing that anyway. Prepare us for the NCAA Tournament because of their unique style? Well, we can schedule that, too. Get a national TV game? We can get that, too. There may be a time that we decide, ‘It’s time to do this."

http://www.kansas.com/2011/10/05/205...#storylink=cpy

mnchiefsguy 01-15-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9322263)
I don't remember that. Can you cite the quote that said they'd never play CU or Nebraska or A&M?

You seem to be confused. KU said they may or may not continue it based on what they decide is best for their own interests. Since you don't know his actual quote, I've posted it here for you to read:

“If we play them moving forward, it’ll be strictly because we think it’s best for our basketball program,” Self said. “Not because of what anybody else feels.”

He was asked to elaborate.

“I don’t know … need a home game to sell out? We’re doing that anyway,” Self said. “Add a game to our season-ticket package that will help fans think they’re getting their money’s worth? We’re doing that anyway. Prepare us for the NCAA Tournament because of their unique style? Well, we can schedule that, too. Get a national TV game? We can get that, too. There may be a time that we decide, ‘It’s time to do this."

http://www.kansas.com/2011/10/05/205...#storylink=cpy

Your quote is ****ing laughable. Is it better for KU's tourney resume to play a top 15 Mizzou squad, or an unranked, bottom feeding Colorado squad?

KU is the hypocrite here...MU has an openly said they would play KU anywhere, anytime, regardless of conference affiliation. If KU wants to hide behind the Big XII and not play Mizzou, fine...but at least be honest about it.

This has been rehashed time and again in other threads, so you continually lying and rehashing it is nothing more than trolling. You want someone to agree with you, go post this shit in the KU thread. Otherwise, GTFO.

Prison Bitch 01-15-2013 10:17 PM

I'm just glad we cleared up your confusion that KU "declared they would never play a school that left the conference". That's the important take-away here.

Al Bundy 01-15-2013 10:19 PM

Prison Bitch... a guy who doesn't care about MU.

mnchiefsguy 01-15-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9322761)
I'm just glad we cleared up your confusion that KU "declared they would never play a school that left the conference". That's the important take-away here.

It was said, by KU's AD. I saw it on tv myself. It was an attempt by KU to make it look like they were not signalling out MU, when in fact they were.

The important take-away here is that KU chose to end the rivalry, for their own childish and petty reasons.

Now go back to your ****ing KU thread, we have more important things to talk about around here.

Prison Bitch 01-15-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9322788)
It was said, by KU's AD. I saw it on tv myself. It was an attempt by KU to make it look like they were not signalling out MU, when in fact they were.

Then you should have no problem producing the quote. (Since it only took me about 5 seconds to find Bill Self's actual quote that proved you were lying.) Or maybe the Star simply misquoted Self, and he actually said the opposite of what his quote says.

mnchiefsguy 01-15-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9322818)
Then you should have no problem producing the quote. (Since it only took me about 5 seconds to find Bill Self's actual quote that proved you were lying.) Or maybe the Star simply misquoted Self, and he actually said the opposite of what his quote says.

No need. KU's hypocrisy has been proven in spades. KU says it will not play MU because MU left the conference, but then they play other schools that have left the conference. Either KU lied about their reasons for ending the rivalry, or they are hypocrites....which is it?

I am not going to bog down this thread with this crap anymore, if you really want to rehash all of this, post it in the KU thread or start a new thread.

This thread is about Mizzou basketball...if you do not want to discuss that, then GTFO.

Prison Bitch 01-15-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9322942)
No need..

Thanks. That's what I figured.

Dr. Gigglepants 01-16-2013 05:22 PM

Old Man Basketball
Posted via Mobile Device

CoMoChief 01-16-2013 07:05 PM

The Paige is PACKED tonight!!!

petegz28 01-16-2013 07:26 PM

Damn, Jankovich with 3 fouls already

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-16-2013 07:50 PM

God, this team sucks.

Stanley Nickels 01-16-2013 08:02 PM

I'm really becoming concerned that Haith's coaching abilities have been exaggerated by the play of Pressey and, albeit to a lesser extent, Bowers. There is such poor movement from this offense, and while we don't have the greatest scorers in the world (Bell, Ross, and even AO are only out there because of their defense and rebounding) we should certainly see better production from guys not named Pressey or Brown. NWC has talent and potential; why is it, then, that his game seems to belong in Division II? Jankovic should utilize his height to become a weapon, but on offense he seems to take up space and ruin timing, and on defense he far too often is out of place or abused by speed. Ross should never shoot a three again, ever. I don't care if he's wide-open on the wing- STOP- SETUP A PLAY. Ugh.

Stanley Nickels 01-16-2013 08:02 PM

I say that just tuning into the game; seems like Ross is trying to prematurely refute my argument, but I still think the point stands. Either get a good feel for range, or don't shoot.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-16-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9326613)
I'm really becoming concerned that Haith's coaching abilities have been exaggerated by the play of Pressey and, albeit to a lesser extent, Bowers. There is such poor movement from this offense, and while we don't have the greatest scorers in the world (Bell, Ross, and even AO are only out there because of their defense and rebounding) we should certainly see better production from guys not named Pressey or Brown. NWC has talent and potential; why is it, then, that his game seems to belong in Division II? Jankovic should utilize his height to become a weapon, but on offense he seems to take up space and ruin timing, and on defense he far too often is out of place or abused by speed. Ross should never shoot a three again, ever. I don't care if he's wide-open on the wing- STOP- SETUP A PLAY. Ugh.

I said it during the last debacle: it's becoming increasingly clear from the play of the team this year that last year went as well as it did because you had a veteran team that was self-motivated because they felt spurned by their old coach. A hands-off approach works brilliantly in a situation like that, but a team full of transfers needs to work on cohesion. There appears to be little offensive identity and our perimeter defense, often dependent upon communication, is completely incompetent.

Dartgod 01-16-2013 08:13 PM

FUUUUUUUUUUU Pressey! Dish that ****er off!

Stanley Nickels 01-16-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9326631)
I said it during the last debacle: it's becoming increasingly clear from the play of the team this year that last year went as well as it did because you had a veteran team that was self-motivated because they felt spurned by their old coach. A hands-off approach works brilliantly in a situation like that, but a team full of transfers needs to work on cohesion. There appears to be little offensive identity and our perimeter defense, often dependent upon communication, is completely incompetent.

Yet another reason for concern. It's completely on Haith to create chemistry during practice that can translate during games. He's got to be vocally supportive and constantly reinforce his philosophies, and if his in-game behavior is any indicator, he's really not pushy (or at least consistent) in that regard. I'm still impressed and satisfied with him, but I think last year set a precedent that maybe Haith doesn't deserve as of yet. I expected the transfers to be a one-off situation so Haith could rebuild from the mess Suitcase Mike left us, but he seems to be after the Juco and transfers once again. I don't know quite what to think at this point, but he's earned the benefit of the doubt... for now.

Stanley Nickels 01-16-2013 08:21 PM

Criswell's FTs there ... well, they had no alibi, let's just say that.

Shut up, I'm tired.

Stanley Nickels 01-16-2013 08:22 PM

THAT'S what you do, Ross! Use your freakish linebacker strength to get to the hole and the line.

Stanley Nickels 01-16-2013 08:24 PM

Should've listened to your boy Stanley, Ross. You don't have any depth perception, so it's no coincidence you're left wide open.

Stanley Nickels 01-16-2013 08:25 PM

Jank out of position and out-muscled on D. I'm just glad it's against UGA.

Stanley Nickels 01-16-2013 08:26 PM

Brown gets the green light on threes. His height and shooting motion takes the defender out of the equation, so he's going to hit a good percentage of those.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-16-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9326659)
Yet another reason for concern. It's completely on Haith to create chemistry during practice that can translate during games. He's got to be vocally supportive and constantly reinforce his philosophies, and if his in-game behavior is any indicator, he's really not pushy (or at least consistent) in that regard. I'm still impressed and satisfied with him, but I think last year set a precedent that maybe Haith doesn't deserve as of yet. I expected the transfers to be a one-off situation so Haith could rebuild from the mess Suitcase Mike left us, but he seems to be after the Juco and transfers once again. I don't know quite what to think at this point, but he's earned the benefit of the doubt... for now.

I empathize with that belief, but he lost any benefit of the doubt with me the minute the clock ticked zero on the worst loss in the history of the program.

Stanley Nickels 01-16-2013 08:31 PM

I'd really like MU to win by 14 or more. I knew that was a silly proposition.

|Zach| 01-16-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9326689)
I empathize with that belief, but he lost any benefit of the doubt with me the minute the clock ticked zero on the worst loss in the history of the program.

At what point did Haith receive "the benefit of the doubt" from you.

Stanley Nickels 01-16-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9326689)

I understand that, and see your point, but I think all but a few teams in the country would've lost that day. We missed our opportunities late, to be sure, but NSU was out of their minds. That's only partially on our defense.

Thanks though, for bringing back to mind a game that took many gallons of alcohol to forcibly repress.

duncan_idaho 01-16-2013 08:36 PM

Definitely seeing some cracks in Haith's coaching.

This year was going to be a challenge regardless, because of how many new players (freshmen and transfers) were coming in. Getting that group to play with cohesion is a challenge.

The injury issues of late have affected the rotation, and it's showing up in bad rotations and too many open perimeter looks. Communication out there MUST improve. I've seen guards get pinned by Oriakhi's man a lot on screens... and that cannot happen. He has to let those guys know his man is about to hit them.

It's not an easy task, but that's why Haith makes the big money.

Next year will be a huge test for Haith. How does he look without a premium point guard to drive the offense? They also are going to need JW3 and Keanu Post to make instant impacts in the rotation inside.

It sounds like Jordan Clarkson - the last transfer - is going to be a stud on the wing and might handle duties at the point. They're going to need it.

Stanley Nickels 01-16-2013 08:36 PM

Stanley lit a fire under Ross, that's who.

stonedstooge 01-16-2013 08:36 PM

Nice play there

Stanley Nickels 01-16-2013 08:37 PM

AO, stop it. Stop it.

Stanley Nickels 01-16-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9326723)
It sounds like Jordan Clarkson - the last transfer - is going to be a stud on the wing and might handle duties at the point. They're going to need it.

I have (apprehensive) hope that he and Clark will be able to handle those duties.

Stanley Nickels 01-16-2013 08:40 PM

Ross- there was no chair underneath you.

PS- Fox, you're a shit coach. And, that was a foul.

Stanley Nickels 01-16-2013 08:41 PM

Is Ross or Brown "this year's JT Tiller"? I can't tell.

Saul Good 01-16-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9326613)

Its called freshmen.

duncan_idaho 01-16-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9326731)
I have (apprehensive) hope that he and Clark will be able to handle those duties.

I think Wes Clark is a great fit for what they ask the PG in this system to do. Just not sure he'll be ready to be the main man at the point as a true freshman. Clark has a very complete offensive game - good off the bounce and nice pull-up jumper in the mid-range.

Clarkson would give them a very interesting lineup if he's the starter at the point. You have to figure he, Brown and Ross are the starters on the wing. That should be a plus defensive group as long as Clarkson can move his feet. Tremendous size, length and big, physical bodies.

Losing AO and Bowers is going to be tough, though I really, really like what Criswell brings to the table (Defense, rebounding, energy and a nice, versatile offensive game). Question for me is about the rotation. Jankovic must get stronger if he's going to be part of a rotation at the 4 rather than the 3 (and you'd like to see him as a primary guy in the pick and roll because of his combo of 3-point marksmanship, ballhandling, agility and athleticism). I'm not sure JW3 will be strong enough to hold up inside (though his play of late has been pretty impressive).

Stanley Nickels 01-16-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9326759)
Its called freshmen.

Oh. Okay. Thanks.

They are now completely immune from any criticism, constructive or not.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-16-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9326704)
At what point did Haith receive "the benefit of the doubt" from you.

From right around January 1 through the BXII tournament last year. His tenure started with a potential scandal that could have felled him and his background was spotty, so there was reason to be skeptical, but last year's regular season was wonderful.

Stanley Nickels 01-16-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9326761)
I think Wes Clark is a great fit for what they ask the PG in this system to do. Just not sure he'll be ready to be the main man at the point as a true freshman. Clark has a very complete offensive game - good off the bounce and nice pull-up jumper in the mid-range.

Clarkson would give them a very interesting lineup if he's the starter at the point. You have to figure he, Brown and Ross are the starters on the wing. That should be a plus defensive group as long as Clarkson can move his feet. Tremendous size, length and big, physical bodies.

Losing AO and Bowers is going to be tough, though I really, really like what Criswell brings to the table (Defense, rebounding, energy and a nice, versatile offensive game). Question for me is about the rotation. Jankovic must get stronger if he's going to be part of a rotation at the 4 rather than the 3 (and you'd like to see him as a primary guy in the pick and roll because of his combo of 3-point marksmanship, ballhandling, agility and athleticism). I'm not sure JW3 will be strong enough to hold up inside (though his play of late has been pretty impressive).

Haven't watched much of Clark or JW3 but I'm excited about what I have seen from both. Clarkson is very good, and will bring a very good dynamic to the team. I'm most concerned about the 5-spot, because I really don't think Jankovic belongs as a 4. He's manhandled every time he's down low, as a result of poor footwork and positioning, combined with a frame that needs a metric shit-ton of work to get to the strength required for the grind of the backcourt game. If they feel that there's no ideal guy at the 5-spot, moving Criswell there and Jank to the 4 is a situation of "square peg, round hole" for both. I'd much rather see Criswell stretch at the elbow or short-wing baseline, as that's where he really seems to excel.

Saul Good 01-16-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9326768)
Oh. Okay. Thanks.

They are now completely immune from any criticism, constructive or not.

WTF do you expect? We literally have one player on this team who played last season. One. Two of our three best players coming into this season are hurt or off the team.

We've got 3 losses on the year and are rolling Georgia. Oh noes!

duncan_idaho 01-16-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9326775)
From right around January 1 through the BXII tournament last year. His tenure started with a potential scandal that could have felled him and his background was spotty, so there was reason to be skeptical, but last year's regular season was wonderful.

I was a Haith hater from the start, and the scandal didn't help. I was prepared to see the end of Mizzou hoops as anything even halfway decent.

Been a very pleasant surprise, and I think the recruiting work is still very impressive (Especially considering the weirdly out of balance scholarship mess he walked into).

I don't place much of the Norfolk State game on Haith. The offense performed very well - that was just a case of a poor defensive team getting exposed by a team having an unbelievable hot streak not only from its star big but also from its plethora of of normally bad perimeter shooters.

Just think: If the Miami scandal hadn't surfaced, Rodney Purvis is likely on this team (probably instead of Domonique Bull).

Stanley Nickels 01-16-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9326775)

Seeing our guys in Lawrence last year was really the breaking point for me. Anderson was so consistently and brutally outcoached by Self, especially at AFH; to see those same guys go in with CFH and play the Crimson, Blue, and Zebra full-tilt for 45 minutes was really promising.

Stanley Nickels 01-16-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9326789)
WTF do you expect? We literally have one player on this team who played last season. One. Two of our three best players coming into this season are hurt or off the team.

We've got 3 losses on the year and are rolling Georgia. Oh noes!

Are you incapable of understanding that there can be a critical and objective discussion of this team without implying that I don't like this team, or that the sky is falling?

Stanley Nickels 01-16-2013 08:58 PM

YA'LL MOTHA****AZ BETTER KEEP DIS OVER 14.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-16-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9326792)
I was a Haith hater from the start, and the scandal didn't help. I was prepared to see the end of Mizzou hoops as anything even halfway decent.

Been a very pleasant surprise, and I think the recruiting work is still very impressive (Especially considering the weirdly out of balance scholarship mess he walked into).

I don't place much of the Norfolk State game on Haith. The offense performed very well - that was just a case of a poor defensive team getting exposed by a team having an unbelievable hot streak not only from its star big but also from its plethora of of normally bad perimeter shooters.

Just think: If the Miami scandal hadn't surfaced, Rodney Purvis is likely on this team (probably instead of Domonique Bull).

There is no doubt that NSU played out of their skulls in that game, but this team under Haith has always been terrible at guarding the perimeter. They give up so many open 3s that they were a defensive time bomb.

We really should have switched to a 3-2 zone in that game.

Saul Good 01-16-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9326799)
Are you incapable of understanding that there can be a critical and objective discussion of this team without implying that I don't like this team, or that the sky is falling?

Tell me again how bad our offense is again and how Ross should never shoot another 3 while we make a run at 80, have 5 players in double figures, and Ross leads us in scoring.

Stanley Nickels 01-16-2013 08:59 PM

DAMN UGA BRO Y U PUT ME ON BLAST LIKE DAT

Stanley Nickels 01-16-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9326809)
There is no doubt that NSU played out of their skulls in that game, but this team under Haith has always been terrible at guarding the perimeter. They give up so many open 3s that they were a defensive time bomb.

We really should have switched to a 3-2 zone in that game.

With KE at the 4?

Stanley Nickels 01-16-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9326812)
Tell me again how bad our offense is again and how Ross should never shoot another 3 while we make a run at 80, have 5 players in double figures, and Ross leads us in scoring.

For someone complaining about us critiquing a team over such a small sample size, you should already notice the irony in that statement. Big picture, Saul.

duncan_idaho 01-16-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9326783)
Haven't watched much of Clark or JW3 but I'm excited about what I have seen from both. Clarkson is very good, and will bring a very good dynamic to the team. I'm most concerned about the 5-spot, because I really don't think Jankovic belongs as a 4. He's manhandled every time he's down low, as a result of poor footwork and positioning, combined with a frame that needs a metric shit-ton of work to get to the strength required for the grind of the backcourt game. If they feel that there's no ideal guy at the 5-spot, moving Criswell there and Jank to the 4 is a situation of "square peg, round hole" for both. I'd much rather see Criswell stretch at the elbow or short-wing baseline, as that's where he really seems to excel.

I would imagine they will start Criswell and Jankovic, at least initially, and run 4-out, one-in again. That would be interesting to see, especially if they have the jumbo backcourt out there. Both Criswell and Jankovic are good enough shooters to be the guy sitting in the corner (Kim English role) and both should be dangerous on the pick-and-roll.

Post should help and give them some additional beef, and you can probably sneak Rosburg for 3-4 minutes a game or based on matchups.

They need JW3 to be someone who can be a positive impact guy for 20-25 minutes a game, or they will be really thin in the middle.

Saul Good 01-16-2013 09:01 PM

OMG. He should have "set up a play"!

Stanley Nickels 01-16-2013 09:01 PM

I just want to clarify: I'm not a Haith-hater. I may be a Pinkel-hater, but I don't hate Haith, at all.

Saul Good 01-16-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9326817)
For someone complaining about us critiquing a team over such a small sample size, you should already notice the irony in that statement. Big picture, Saul.

We average 79 a game. We scored 79.

We're one of the best offensive teams in the country. Tell me more about calling a play, though. This is sixth grade basketball after all, right?

Stanley Nickels 01-16-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9326820)
I would imagine they will start Criswell and Jankovic, at least initially, and run 4-out, one-in again. That would be interesting to see, especially if they have the jumbo backcourt out there. Both Criswell and Jankovic are good enough shooters to be the guy sitting in the corner (Kim English role) and both should be dangerous on the pick-and-roll.

Post should help and give them some additional beef, and you can probably sneak Rosburg for 3-4 minutes a game or based on matchups.

They need JW3 to be someone who can be a positive impact guy for 20-25 minutes a game, or they will be really thin in the middle.

Shit, I completely forgot about Post. I need to catch some footage of that guy, I haven't seen a second. The holidays were crazy, and that news kinda blew by me. I hope Rosburg's problems thus far are just growing pains adjusting to this level of play.

stonedstooge 01-16-2013 09:03 PM

W

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-16-2013 09:04 PM

I really like Haith as a recruiter, who shames Anderson's worthless ass, but his gameday coaching leaves a fair amount to be desired. In that way, he's like a lot of DI coaches, both football and basketball.

Stanley Nickels 01-16-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9326830)
We average 79 a game. We scored 79.

We're one of the best offensive teams in the country. Tell me more about calling a play, though. This is sixth grade basketball after all, right?

I was referring to Ross's affinity for jacking up threes early in the shot clock, especially considering his struggles shooting from the wing. I think CFH would agree with those frustrations. I am by no means saying we don't call plays, and I'm not entirely sure how you even inferred that. Whatever, though; all's well that ends well.

DaKCMan AP 01-17-2013 06:31 AM

Big game Saturday!