ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs are looking for a 2nd and a pick in 2014 for Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271388)

beer bacon 03-22-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9520704)
Not really disagreeing with what you said. Simply saying this comes down to a different evaluation.

Is Alex Smith Cassel 2.0? Or will he be a high QB raiting guy in Andy's system like he was the last two years in SF? Clearly the Chiefs think he can be the ladder.

When we all look back, it'll simply come down to who was the better move. Alex Smith? Or Geno Smith.

My point is that all the evidence points towards Alex Smith never winning a Super Bowl. You just don't get Super Bowl winning QBs by trading for them or signing them in free agency. We've used that model for 30 years, and all it does it make you consistently mediocre. It is disheartening that we brought in new guys, and they immediately did what the Chiefs have been doing since 1985 with no success. You can easily look around the NFL and see how teams are winning Super Bowls, and the Chiefs aren't doing what those Super Bowl winning teams did.

ModSocks 03-22-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9520719)
If Scott ***** drafted Joeckel and traded for Alex Smith, what would you say?

You need to divorce the individual making the decisions from the decisions themselves.

Truth.

BossChief 03-22-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9520669)
Well, I've always taken you for a dumbass ****, so there is that, you raging ****ing pussy.

That wasn't predictable at all....

---

This has absolutely nothing to do with Geno Smith...this has to do with the fact that we are wasting the top pick on a lateral move.

O.city 03-22-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9520722)
Meh...he is just a radio guy.

He also was next to certain that Manning was going end up as a fish last year...

He seems to have some connection down there.

mcaj22 03-22-2013 10:29 AM

alex smith is going to survive 5 games with a rookie LT and a first year RT

this is going to be a recipe for disaster

CoMoChief 03-22-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9520710)
Using the No. 1 pick to fill a hole of your own creation. Awesome.

no shit

dont agree with this at all...

BigMeatballDave 03-22-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9520709)
You couldn't be more wrong. Once again, YOU guys brought Geno into this discussion. No one else. We're talking about the Chiefs using the 1.1 to make a lateral move.

I do not like any of this, but I really don't see it as a lateral move. Yes, it's LT for LT, but Albert is 7 years older. That is huge in this league.

Not drinking the Kool-aide, just trying to cope. :)

PRIEST 03-22-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9520523)
Or you could have just NOT TRADED FOR ALEX ****ING SMITH!

This :banghead:

ModSocks 03-22-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9520733)
alex smith is going to survive 5 games with a rookie LT and a first year RT

this is going to be a recipe for disaster

It'll be interesting to see who the fans turn on first if a lot of sacks are given up.

Is it Jockel's fault for letting them through, or Smith's fault for holding onto the ball too long?

KCJay 03-22-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9520712)
And why would you think that?

The Chiefs also were believed to be impressed with Syracuse's Ryan Nassib and Miami of Ohio's Zac Dysert, both of whom they likely could get in later rounds.
-------------
I have the link to this statement, but the site won't let me post it..

Just one of the many..

beach tribe 03-22-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9520625)

They look like a couple Mos in that pic.

ChiefsCountry 03-22-2013 10:30 AM

Jockel isn't even the best NFL prospect tackle on that team, yet he is suppose to go #1. Welcome to Brian Joziak Part II.

The Franchise 03-22-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9520743)
Jockel isn't even the best NFL prospect tackle on that team, yet he is suppose to go #1. Welcome to Brian Joziak Part II.

I'd rather play Albert under the tag this year and draft Jake Matthews next year.

DeezNutz 03-22-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9520719)
If Scott ***** drafted Joeckel and traded for Alex Smith, what would you say?

You need to divorce the individual making the decisions from the decisions themselves.

We're going to be coming dangerously close to replicating the major tenets of the Scott Pioli plan, but rather than letting Albert walk, we'll receive some compensation.

Thus, Doreid have shown to possess at slightly greater common sense. But acquiring Alex Smith, at the price they paid, is asinine in every possible way, and this is a play directly from Pioli's handbook of dumb****ery.

But we need to "give the new regime the benefit of the doubt," apparently. Why? No clue.

O.city 03-22-2013 10:32 AM

I did read somewhere that scouts think Matthews will be better suited at lt than joeckel