ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Big 12 football prediction from the Dallas Morning News (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=164876)

Sam Hall 06-21-2007 10:38 PM

Big 12 football prediction from the Dallas Morning News

How Chip Brown of the Dallas Morning News rates the Big 12 football teams, with projected league losses. This is crazy for several reasons:

North Division
1. Missouri: OU, Colorado
2. Nebraska: Missouri, Texas
3. Colorado: KSU, Tech, NU
4. Kansas State: Texas, OSU, NU, Missouri
5. Kansas: KSU, CU, A&M, NU, OSU, Missouri
6. Iowa State: Winless in league

South Division
1. Oklahoma: Colorado, Texas
2. Oklahoma State: NU, OU
3. Texas: OSU, Texas A&M
4. Texas A&M: OSU, NU, OU, Missouri
5. Texas Tech: OSU, A&M, Missouri, Texas, OU
6. Baylor: Winless in league

007 06-21-2007 10:40 PM

Wow. A Texas paper doesn't have a Texas team winning their division?

Sam Hall 06-21-2007 10:43 PM

I don't see how Mizzou could beat Nebraska but lose to Colorado. Trust me, the Buffs suck. A lot of people like Oklahoma State and I'm not one of them.

Eleazar 06-21-2007 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall
I don't see how Mizzou could beat Nebraska but lose to Colorado. Trust me, the Buffs suck. A lot of people like Oklahoma State and I'm not one of them.

Nebraska will be in Columbia this year though.

CoMoChief 06-21-2007 10:44 PM

And to think these people get paid to write crap like this.

Sam Hall 06-21-2007 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
Nebraska will be in Columbia this year though.

As a Husker fan, that game scares me. Mizzou can win that one. The home team has been winning when those teams play each other. The part I don't understand is how CU beats Mizzou.

Bugeater 06-21-2007 10:50 PM

If Nebraska doesn't win the north Callahan had better get the axe.

kcchiefs12983 06-21-2007 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall
As a Husker fan, that game scares me. Mizzou can win that one. The home team has been winning when those teams play each other. The part I don't understand is how CU beats Mizzou.

because dan hawkins says ITS DIVISION ONE FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS THE BIG 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

|Zach| 06-21-2007 10:52 PM

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/multimedia/pho...niel_chase.jpg

Sam Hall 06-21-2007 10:52 PM

There is no way CU beats Oklahoma. OSU could beat Texas, but they will need 40 points. I've seen Texas ranked No. 2 in some preseason magazines. That's iffy because of their secondary. UT obviously has a solid offense. I like LSU more than Texas this year.

Sam Hall 06-21-2007 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Carlson the Bugeater

It'll take a horrible season for him to get fired. We're talking horrible as in 3-9. There's talk that he's about to receive a contract extension. We're headed in the right direction. Of course we would like more improvement but Callahan's conference record has improved every year. He started with nothing on offense. I will say that next year will be uncomfortable for Callahan if we don't win the North this year.

kcfan82 06-22-2007 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Carlson the Bugeater

Possibly Pederson too, but fortunately they will win the north.

Saulbadguy 06-22-2007 06:05 AM

I'd flip flop CU and KSU. Other than that I don't really have a problem with this list.

tmax63 06-22-2007 06:38 AM

CU beating MU? How about 5th down? Some still remember.

eazyb81 06-22-2007 07:10 AM

The North will come down to the MU/NU game, and I like Mizzou's odds since the game is in Columbia. That said, Mizzou seems to underachieve each year, so I definitely wouldn't put any money on them taking the division.

Colorado at third just seems silly, they were awful last year and I can't see them losing only three league games. I like KSU at third, then CU, KU, and ISU will fight it out for the last few spots.

The South is tough to call this year, but I'll take UT or A&M over OU. The Sooner lost Peterson and it sounds like they are going to play a true freshman at QB this year - not good. Baylor has improved over the last couple years IMO, and I would be shocked if they went winless.