ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Patrick Crayton: Chiefs interested? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=228106)

Kerberos 05-12-2010 11:44 AM

Patrick Crayton: Chiefs interested?

Patrick Crayton | Cowboys

Top Email
http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nfl...rs/65/5741.jpg Patrick Crayton took leave from the Dallas Cowboys' offseason program after the team drafted Dez Bryant in the first round in April. Fred Lyles, Crayton's agent, has been given permission to seek a trade for his client, but nothing has yet materialized. According to the Dallas Morning News, Cowboys QB Tony Romo would prefer having Crayton around, but "I understand his situation."
As for the teams that might be interested in adding Crayton, it should be noted that Crayton is a willing and able participant in special teams in addition to his role as a WR. One team that is nearly bankrupt at the WR position is the Cleveland Browns, and because of the new management regime of Mike Holmgren and Tom Heckert, the roster has been quite fluid this offseason thus far. Aside from the Browns, the Jacksonville Jaguars, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Carolina Panthers (although he is 31-years-old), Buffalo Bills and Kansas City Chiefs all make sense on some levels, although we haven't been able to confirm any interest from any team with our own reporters.
Ben Rogers of ESPNDallas.com thinks trading Crayton away would be a colossal mistake for the 'Boys:

Deberg_1990 05-12-2010 11:47 AM

No thanks...we already have enough underachieving WR's.

luv 05-12-2010 11:47 AM

I don't think it would be a bad thing. A WR with some experience in winning to help show our young pups what it's about.

Bill Lundberg 05-12-2010 11:48 AM

I'd give a 5th or later for him

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-12-2010 11:49 AM

He sucks and he's a shitty teammate. No.

Chiefs Rool 05-12-2010 11:50 AM

heck ya, for cheap! I like McCluster but he's not gonna solve the WR problem on his own. If we could get him cheap I would pull the trigger on it.

philfree 05-12-2010 11:50 AM

Isn't he one of the guys that's badmouthed Haley in the not to distant past.

PhilFree:arrow:

luv 05-12-2010 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6753450)
He sucks and he's a shitty teammate. No.

Background?

The Franchise 05-12-2010 11:53 AM

No thanks. This is the guy that the Cowboys have been waiting for him to turn it on....and he never has.

Bill Lundberg 05-12-2010 11:53 AM

I've never heard anything on him being a bad teammate. I always thought he comes off as a hard worker who will get in on special teams. Terrance Copper with some speed, route running, and pass catching ability.:shrug:

Chiefs Rool 05-12-2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 6753455)
Isn't he one of the guys that's badmouthed Haley in the not to distant past.

PhilFree:arrow:

oh, if that's true then nevermind. I don't follow the cowgirls too much, all I really know about him is that he was supposed to be good but he's not working out or something.

You know what, nevermind my previous statement. I wouldn't want him, the Cowboys offense is pretty good and if he can't catch passes on that offense then I wouldn't want him for this one. I retract my previous statement.

Brock 05-12-2010 11:53 AM

This is what Michael Lombardi had to say about Crayton last year. shrug

Quote:

Patrick Crayton has gone down faster than any player I’ve seen in a very long time. He has no juice left in his legs, appears to have lost his quickness and doesn’t show any skills that make him tough to cover. He’s easily covered by any team’s fourth of fifth corner right now.

Bill Lundberg 05-12-2010 11:54 AM

Just noticed he's 31. Make it a conditional 6th or 7th or wait until they cut him.

HemiEd 05-12-2010 12:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
No thanks.

KurtCobain 05-12-2010 01:00 PM

No thankyou.