ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Geno Smith A "No Show" At Sanchez Led Jets West Camp (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274495)

Hammock Parties 07-15-2013 01:15 PM

This is pretty irrelevant in the long haul.

This stupid camp isn't making or breaking Geno's career.

Setsuna 07-15-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9813662)
:facepalm:

Of COURSE it's optional. But why is it that Mark Brunnel, Tim Tebow, Greg McElroy, along with all of the other offensive players chose to attend over the years?

Furthermore, I don't think you're in any position to state that not attending wouldn't hinder his progress.

I mean, really? He's going to get better by NOT working out with his teammates?

:facepalm:

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL I've noticed this entire time you've been consistently intentionally using those facepalm smileys to annoy me. It's become endearing tbh. Thanks friend. :grouphug:

DaneMcCloud 07-15-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9813666)

Regardless, not attending is a pattern of his that to date, hasn't served him well.

DaneMcCloud 07-15-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clayton Bibsby (Post 9813691)
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL I've noticed this entire time you've been consistently intentionally using those facepalm smileys to annoy me. It's become endearing tbh. Thanks friend. :grouphug:

And you have a remarkable inability to remain on topic.

Setsuna 07-15-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9813702)
And you have a remarkable inability to remain on topic.

No :facepalm:? I am disappoint.

MahiMike 07-15-2013 01:40 PM

Can't wait until Rex Ryan is our defensive coordinator next year.

King_Chief_Fan 07-15-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

agreed....he won't have a long one any way

Marcellus 07-15-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

This is completely 100% accurate, lack of skill and discipline will be what torpedoes his career.

chiefzilla1501 07-15-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Right now, the big issue is that Geno's draft value dropped because of his attitude. He may have had good reasons to not go to the camp. But in one very short interview, he chose to throw his teammate under the bus by lying about a non-invite and he chose to comment on a subject that his team specifically told him not to comment on.

chiefzilla1501 07-15-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9813750)
This is completely 100% accurate, lack of skill and discipline will be what torpedoes his career.

Geno has both those things. The problem is, he seems like a guy who doesn't want to work with others to improve. He wants to do it by himself because he might be a bit over-confident in his abilities.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-15-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clayton Bibsby (Post 9813597)

By your logic, every rookie last year lost that oh so "valuable" bonding time by just going to the OTA's and mandatory TC. Well damn. Alert Luck, RGIII, and Wilson that they were unprepared going into their seasons because they didn't "bond" enough. Negro please.

LMAO

OrtonsPiercedTaint 07-15-2013 04:57 PM

Genoshow Smith

-King- 07-16-2013 01:16 PM

Geno Smith says “Me and Mark are cool”
Posted by Darin Gantt on July 16, 2013, 1:13 PM EDT

Geno Smith decided against coming out to the coast, getting together and having a few laughs with Mark Sanchez.

But the Jets rookie quarterback said his staying in Florida to work out was not a sign there was a problem with their relationship

“Me and Mark are cool. No hard feelings or anything,” Smith said in an interview with OCNN, via the New York Daily News. “He’s up there getting work with the guys, I’m down here getting work.”

Sanchez was the only quarterback to show up at his Jets West camp, and Smith accurately diagnosed the nature of the attention it received.

“I think it’s just something to talk about. Right now it’s a dead period, so any type of hype, anything that they can get their hands on, some type of controversy,” Smith said. “The media, they’re just doing their job. They got to create a hot story, they gotta keep the fans interested.”

Whether anyone remains interested in Smith will have far more to do with how he performs in training camp, at which point his decision to skip a weekend with his teammates will become less significant than it already is.

BossChief 07-16-2013 04:25 PM

Kinda disappointing, really.

If I'm him, I'd be itching to take advantage of every opportunity I can to EARN that starters job. That job is earned through your teammates just as much as the coaching staff and Geno is creating a history of ducking these opportunities to compete.

Passepartout 07-16-2013 04:52 PM

Geno needs to earn the job. Not just have it given to him. As Mark is doing that as say what you will about Sanchez!