ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How long should an HDTV projection be on? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=113604)

KCChiefsMan 04-05-2005 02:04 PM

How long should an HDTV projection be on?

ok......"Floyd" has been in the living room since 6 a.m. on Sunday watching my 52" HDTV projection TV. I'm about to just go turn it off, because thats like 33 hours straight now, plus he chain smokes too.

excuse me while I go throw down now...... :cuss: :cuss:

|Zach| 04-05-2005 02:05 PM

haha

Simplex3 04-05-2005 02:06 PM

I would never let a smoker near a projection tv. As for the time, as long as he isn't watching something with distinct lines or watching one image burn-in won't be an issue but he is taking hours off of the life of your bulbs.

Braincase 04-05-2005 02:09 PM

I think you should get a bunc of Planeteers together.We go out and eat a bunch of refried beans, then go over to your place to watch something he hates, fart all over his bedroom, and leave the couch a mess...

Dartgod 04-05-2005 02:09 PM

I find it humorous that someone who has no tolerance for a perceived "lousy tipper" will allow his roommate to walk all over him.

KCChiefsMan 04-05-2005 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod
I find it humorous that someone who has no tolerance for a perceived "lousy tipper" will allow his roommate to walk all over him.

haha....

KCChiefsMan 04-05-2005 02:44 PM

so what movie is that anyways with "Floyd" it's driving me nuts because I can't think of it!

Iowanian 04-05-2005 02:53 PM

Riddle me this........

How in the hell does a college student, who works as a food server, afford a fargin 52" HD bigscreen?

Reprogram the Floydbot2000 to auto-sleep mode after 2hrs.

I thought that LoveBot was supposed to be a chic?...not that there is anything wrong with that.

KCChiefsMan 04-05-2005 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian
Riddle me this........

How in the hell does a college student, who works as a food server, afford a fargin 52" HD bigscreen?

Reprogram the Floydbot2000 to auto-sleep mode after 2hrs.

I thought that LoveBot was supposed to be a chic?...not that there is anything wrong with that.

well making over 30K a year as a college student isnt bad huh? I'm good at my job, I work 45 hrs a week, I'm not just a food server, I'm also a manager and bartender and when I do serve I have a lot of regulars that like me and tip me big. I dont really complain about bad tippers much more because about 30 of my hours a week I work as a manager. I also have good credit which gave me a big limit on my best buy card and they offer 2 yr 0% financing, and thats how I can afford a big screen buddy. I also go around to yard sales, find stuff that I think will turnover a profit on ebay....its only a couple extra grand a year, but it helps. Oh yeah, I also play pool around town for money, I find that frat boys that think they are good like to play pool for money, and me and my buddy take that money from them about 4-5 nights a week, thats an extra $100 a week or so, not that much, but I dont really play for more than $20 a game. Oh, I'm also good at poker.....I make pretty good money playing some chumps at hold-em a lot. hmmmmm and then there is the stock market, which hasn't made me that much money really, but I do have a couple small investments.

I'm ready to graduate in may, I'd like to step into the "real world" now, but I have to do internships first which kinda blows...but oh well

elvomito 04-05-2005 04:09 PM

if you've got a service plan on it, leave it on 24/7. let it burn out then get a new one for free, if its within the 2- or 4-year period

Wrasse 04-05-2005 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan
so what movie is that anyways with "Floyd" it's driving me nuts because I can't think of it!

True Romance?

elvomito 04-05-2005 04:35 PM

yes. true romance

Miles 04-05-2005 04:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrasse
True Romance?

Yep

"I don't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out. All I got is fuckin' Floyd."

PastorMikH 04-05-2005 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian
Riddle me this........

How in the ___ does a college student, who works as a food server, afford a fargin 52" HD bigscreen?

'Cause he makes the other waiters and waitresses wait on those in cowboy boots and hats and any others he knows willbe bad tippers.

Iowanian 04-05-2005 04:47 PM

"how much a month? lifestyle"