ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games MLB The Show 2013 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271005)

OmahaChief 04-01-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 9546129)
I wasn't, no.

Does anyone have a really good Franchise roster with minor leaguers populated they have found online yet and used?

It should be available soon from the guys over at Operation Sports. Check their 2013 Forum for details but it sounds like it could be in the next few days.

lewdog 04-01-2013 07:31 PM

Well I started my MLB season with a sweep of the Sox. 10-0 game one, then switched to veteran. Then 7-5 and 3-1. I am not great at the game but I feel veteran is ok for my hitting right now but I am much better at pitching than veteran level. I got 9 K's with Paulino in 6.2 innings, lol! I might need to adjust the sliders up a level so the CPU hitters are a little better against me.

Mama Hip Rockets 04-04-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9499504)
And Herrera is awesome to use. Hard for people to catch up to his fastball on the corners.

Yes. Herrera is totally awesome.

OmahaChief 04-05-2013 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 9546129)
I wasn't, no.

Does anyone have a really good Franchise roster with minor leaguers populated they have found online yet and used?

It is now available in the roster vault. Look for O.S.F.M roster or sort by most downloaded and it is the first one.

Fansy the Famous Bard 04-06-2013 08:28 AM

thanks omaha

lewdog 04-07-2013 12:24 PM

I cannot drive the ball to the opposite field for the life of me! I feel like I wait ages on pitches, but either I am still early and pull everything or I am too late and miss the pitch.

Kidd Lex 04-07-2013 06:25 PM

Lewdog have you tried laying the game with timing and auto fielding on? With the animations and the way baseball is a game of numbers, it is the absolute best way to enjoy the show. Add classic pitching, and it's gaming heaven. You will start getting more random hits including oppo field.

lewdog 04-07-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The God Hypothesis (Post 9566027)
Lewdog have you tried laying the game with timing and auto fielding on? With the animations and the way baseball is a game of numbers, it is the absolute best way to enjoy the show. Add classic pitching, and it's gaming heaven. You will start getting more random hits including oppo field.

Yea I switched to timing as zone hitting was just plain stupid. I don't have it on auto-fielding but assisted fielding.

I have really come around hitting the ball but I have just noticed that I am always early on pitches and everything seems to always be pulled. Sucks when I have a righty up and man on second and I want to slap it opposite field but I just continue to pull it. Might just take more work I guess as I already play on timing.

Really is an awesome game though. Haven't been this into a video game in years.

Kidd Lex 04-07-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9566136)
Yea I switched to timing as zone hitting was just plain stupid. I don't have it on auto-fielding but assisted fielding.

I have really come around hitting the ball but I have just noticed that I am always early on pitches and everything seems to always be pulled. Sucks when I have a righty up and man on second and I want to slap it opposite field but I just continue to pull it. Might just take more work I guess as I already play on timing.

Really is an awesome game though. Haven't been this into a video game in years.

I highly recommend the auto fielding, the games fielding aspect is by far the weakest point, and with auto on it just opens up the animations and flow of the game. Hitting oppo is rather tough, you have to be very patient obviously.

Do you earn many walks?

lewdog 04-07-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The God Hypothesis (Post 9566147)
I highly recommend the auto fielding, the games fielding aspect is by far the weakest point, and with auto on it just opens up the animations and flow of the game. Hitting oppo is rather tough, you have to be very patient obviously.

Do you earn many walks?

Ok good suggestion, I might try that.

Maybe one walk a game. Never two. lol. I also play on Veteran so maybe they lace more pitches down the middles since the playing level is lower?

SnakeXJones 04-07-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9566163)
Ok good suggestion, I might try that.

Maybe one walk a game. Never two. lol. I also play on Veteran so maybe they lace more pitches down the middles since the playing level is lower?

TNK Sliders are pretty damn good

Wyatt Earp 04-07-2013 07:17 PM

These are the sliders I've been using. Auto fielding, classic pitching, timed hitting.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...m-sliders.html

Kidd Lex 04-07-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wyatt Earp (Post 9566216)
These are the sliders I've been using. Auto fielding, classic pitching, timed hitting.

Yes these are how I play to the very last detail. Easily the best sports game of all time, especially with these sliders, settings, and OSFM rosters.

lewdog 04-07-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wyatt Earp (Post 9566216)

Thanks, easy to see it laid out like that.

I don't know if I am ready for all-star yet. :(

Wyatt Earp 04-07-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9566400)
Thanks, easy to see it laid out like that.

I don't know if I am ready for all-star yet. :(

Try the hybrid veteran hitting sliders that are at the end of that first post. That's what I use. I don't like the timing window on all-star.