ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV HBO greenlights A Game of Thrones pilot! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=196570)

TrickyNicky 10-18-2009 02:44 AM

In my head movies he was still a big guy. I don't know, I just seem to remember him as short in everything I've seen him in. Knights Tale, Still Standing...

keg in kc 10-18-2009 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 6179760)
Casting is near complete with Jason Momoa as Khal Drogo

That's interesting, he was a regular on the last few seasons of Stargate: Atlantis, as I recall.

jidar 10-19-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 6179760)
Casting is near complete with Jason Momoa as Khal Drogo

Here is a list of pictures and names for everyone so far.
http://www.liftingfaces.com/2009/09/...s-cast-so-far/

Honestly, the only one I have a problem with is Mark Addy. I have a hard time imagining him as the warhammer wielding King of Westeros. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Joffrey doesn't look right to me, that kid isn't regal enough.

Buck 01-06-2010 07:21 PM

WTF is taking so long?

keg in kc 01-06-2010 07:23 PM

It's been filmed. Word whether or not HBO picks it up is due in March last I heard.

TrickyNicky 01-06-2010 07:42 PM

http://winter-is-coming.blogspot.com/

This is the best place to get news about it that I've found. They've been spot on from guessing the actors since the beginning.

Buck 01-06-2010 07:47 PM

So I've been excited since I heard about this, but I never read the book. I just know about it, and know some people who played the game.

I'm thinking about picking it up and reading it.

I was just excited that HBO was doing a Fantasy show because I'm pretty much a fan of anything HBO does.

KcMizzou 01-06-2010 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6416691)
I was just excited that HBO was doing a Fantasy show because I'm pretty much a fan of anything HBO does.

This. I'm a fantasy geek, and HBO series are usually excellent quality. Looking forward to it.

keg in kc 01-06-2010 08:07 PM

It's about as perfect a marriage of material and network as you could get. It's a violent, sometimes sexually-charged, dark and unforgiving fantasy series that I don't think anybody but a cable network like HBO could justifiably do.

It should really be something to see.

TrickyNicky 01-06-2010 11:31 PM

If you haven't read the series and aren't reading anything currently. Do yourself a favor and stop by your library. Just be sure to clear some time to read because its a legit 3000+ pages

keg in kc 01-06-2010 11:56 PM

Another series you should look out for is Joe Abercrombie's First Law Trilogy. Really, really good series. There's a fourth book set in the same world called The Blade Itself that I'm reading as soon as it gets here. Guy's really talented and came out of nowhere a couple years ago.

thecoffeeguy 01-07-2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6416789)
It's about as perfect a marriage of material and network as you could get. It's a violent, sometimes sexually-charged, dark and unforgiving fantasy series that I don't think anybody but a cable network like HBO could justifiably do.

It should really be something to see.

Very cool
Did not know they were making this into a movie series.

I wonder how they will handle some of the sex parts (for those who have read it, you know what parts im talking about..>Cersei and KingSlayer)

Hopefully, it follows the books pretty close.

TrickyNicky 01-07-2010 03:44 PM

I don't think it will be a problem. I think they will have a harder time skirting the issue of Khal Drogo and a 14 year old Dany consummating...

keg in kc 01-16-2010 12:47 AM

Starting to look pretty good...
Quote:

HBO: 'Game of Thrones' dailies 'look fantastic'

TCA -- HBO programming chief Michael Lombardo says the dailies for highly anticipated fantasy series "Game of Thrones" look "fantastic" and the project looks very strong for a series pickup.

"Everything looks fantastic," said Lombardo, who's become a fan of the George R.R. Martin books upon which the project is based. "The director got great performances. Unlike a lot of projects like this, everything was shot on location. It has such a rich texture that it looks more expensive than it actually was."

Game of thrones The network spent $5 million-$10 million on the pilot to bring castle Winterfell to life. Lombardo says executives are "sitting on pins and needles" waiting for a rough cut in two weeks.

"The fantasy is so incidental, it has a very adult tone," Lombardo said. "You forget it's fantasy while you're watching it, and that's what I love about it."

The pilot will employ some CGI, for backgrounds, the story's "direwolves" (a mixture of real animals and CGI) and dragon eggs.

Also, like in the books, each family in the story will have its own color pallet for clothing and armor.

If all goes well, Lombardo said, "Game of Thrones" will be on HBO in spring 2011 -- "March or April."

"I would be surprised if it doesn't [get greenlit]," Lombardo said. "It has everything going for it."

Fishpicker 01-16-2010 08:16 AM

just looking at the cast so far... The female roles are cast near perfectly. I don't recognize most of the male cast. 1/2 of them don't look the part at all. Sandor, Eddard, and Tyrion are the obvious exceptions.

Still, this sounds like a winner so far and I've never been so eager to see a book series converted to small screen.