ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Washington DC and The Holy Land (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   U.S. Issues Who's the Biggest Welfare Queen? Wal-Mart! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267340)

blaise 12-04-2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9179255)
To remind people that capitalism is based off of greed. There is no use bitching about it. Again, I blame the government for enabling it to the degree that it has. The system is more heavily slanted than it has been in the past. Just my opinion.

As far as the elderly, most are retired, or drawing social security. Walmart isn't saving their lives. As far as the ones just above the mentally retarded level, restaurants used to serve that role, they still do to some point. Those people either don't need jobs, or could find other ones for the most part. Walmart isn't anyone's savior. And no, I'm not saying you said that they were.

I didn't say Wal Mart was saving their lives. I said Wal Mart employs some people that would have a hard time finding employment elsewhere. Some would be unemployable at most other places.

I really don't think my initial statement was nonsense. Seems like you just kind of had hurt feelings.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-04-2012 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9179265)
I didn't say Wal Mart was saving their lives. I said Wal Mart employs some people that would have a hard time finding employment elsewhere. Some would be unemployable at most other places.

I really don't think my initial statement was nonsense. Seems like you just kind of had hurt feelings.

LMAO I was ****ing with you. I had no idea this whole conversation revolved around that silly post. Now I'm sorry I even indulged you, but hey, you win.

blaise 12-04-2012 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9179268)
LMAO I was ****ing with you. I had no idea this whole conversation revolved around that silly post. Now I'm sorry I even indulged you, but hey, you win.

Capitalism! Yeah!

Am I doing that right?

Mr. Flopnuts 12-04-2012 07:34 AM

Try it like this,

That's capitalism, baby!

blaise 12-04-2012 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9179276)
Try it like this,

That's capitalism, baby!

Ok.

That's capitalism, baby!

Hey, you know. That kind of works. I can feel the personal responsibility melting away.

Imon Yourside 12-04-2012 08:40 AM

I shop at walmart sometimes, should I feel guilty?

KCWolfman 12-04-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9179383)

I am not sure. I think you should feel guilty for supporting an evil empire but feel good for helping the less fortunate keep their employment.

Maybe they cancel one another out?

Fish 12-04-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9179265)

Disregarding your employability detector powers for a minute... Why do you think Walmart would choose to employ those types of people?

blaise 12-04-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9179555)
Disregarding your employability detector powers for a minute... Why do you think Walmart would choose to employ those types of people?

I don't know. Maybe they get some sort of tax credit.

If you have a point go ahead and make it yourself. It's generally quicker that way.

Easy 6 12-04-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

On the very rare occasion that i shop there, i know i do.

They crush small business everywhere they go.

BlackHelicopters 12-04-2012 10:05 AM

Wal Mart caused Belcher to lose it. Just sayin'............

loochy 12-04-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

No. Do business that fail to meet your needs (thus driving you to go to walmart) feel guilty?

blaise 12-04-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9179575)
On the very rare occasion that i shop there, i know i do.

They crush small business everywhere they go.

They don't. The people shopping there do.

dirk digler 12-04-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9179227)
Just to point out one other thing- Wal Mart employs many people who are basically unemployable anywhere else. People that would likely be on total government assistance without a Wal Mart job.

For example?

loochy 12-04-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9179591)
For example?

WTF do you mean "for example"? Do you want me to go do a writeup on the guy in sporting goods that can't speak proper English?