ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Tamba Hali? MOTHER F*** you CARL!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=139909)

banyon 04-29-2006 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler
I like the pick alot. Good player and good character guy. They guy will give 110% every play.

Mike Mayock of the NFL Network loved the pick

I can give 110% too, But I would not have been a good pick.

dtrain 04-29-2006 02:24 PM

Very good pick he has size, quick step off the line, and non stop motor! He will get it done for the Chiefs no doubt!!!

dirk digler 04-29-2006 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
I've just accepted that every pick will be labelled a reach.

Yep the Chiefs can't win whomever they choose with some fans.

siberian khatru 04-29-2006 02:25 PM

Honestly, I wasn't hot to trot on any of the players available to us. No matter who we picked at 20, we could've dissected him -- too small, too raw, too injured, wrong position, reach, etc.

I'm OK with Hali.

JohnnyV13 04-29-2006 02:25 PM

Well....

THe upside of this pick is at least he won't be lazy. The dude is going to be motivated

Rausch 04-29-2006 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolmeZz
There's no guarantee he would've been there in 10 picks. This was a good move. I know we're all used to lambasting Carl lots of times, but this isn't one of them.

You don't spend a first round pick on a guy who'll only play on third down...

banyon 04-29-2006 02:26 PM

Tamba Hali.

SR Stats:

11.0 Sacks, 65 Tackles, 17 Tackles for loss

JR Stats:

2.0 sacks, 55 Tackles, 12 tackles for loss.

Fluke, anyone?

Mecca 04-29-2006 02:26 PM

I don't like his talent for the pick.......I don't think any of the 5-7 teams behind us would have taken him. Hence reaching when you could move down and still get him.

patteeu 04-29-2006 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler
I like the pick alot. Good player and good character guy. They guy will give 110% every play.

Mike Mayock of the NFL Network loved the pick

It sounds like he has some of the qualities of John Browning (110% effort, plays both DT and DE, good attitude) although he's probably quicker and I don't think he's as big and strong as Browning.

HolmeZz 04-29-2006 02:26 PM

Hali was the 2nd best DE in this drafted and was thought to go anywhere from 10 to 25 before the combine. He's not a reach. A reach would be what Buffalo did, selecting a fringe first rounder in Donte Whitner with the 8th overall pick.

dtrain 04-29-2006 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla
I still don't understand how casual fans seem to "know" when players should be selected.

Cause they stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night!

KevB 04-29-2006 02:27 PM

Who's to say we didn't try to trade down? It takes two teams to tango.

Hali is a DEnd who can play all three downs. He's a football player who produced on a big stage. I'm ok with the pick. I liked Lawson's upside, but Hali will bring it every week. Adding a guy like him with his attitude can only help IMO.

banyon 04-29-2006 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
I've just accepted that every pick will be labelled a reach.

DJ was not labeled that way. People regarded that pick as a "steal" because it was.

tk13 04-29-2006 02:28 PM

It might be a bit of a reach according to the "experts", but I'm fine with it. We have drafted player on top of player with "potential"... we've got "potential" all over the freaking field. Here is a guy who is going to show up, work hard, and get to the QB. Not flashy, but that's what I like about Herm, he drafted a football player over a bunch of measurables. Wait till Krumrie gets ahold of this guy. I like the idea of having him and Allen both being total animals rushing from each end on passing downs.

dirk digler 04-29-2006 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
I don't like his talent for the pick.......I don't think any of the 5-7 teams behind us would have taken him. Hence reaching when you could move down and still get him.

You don't know that for sure now do you? What makes you think the 49ers wouldn't take him if we picked Lawson?