ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life So, what's your Christmas plans? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279687)

Ceej 12-18-2013 12:08 PM

So, what's your Christmas plans?

You knew it was coming.

I will be working on Christmas eve making double time and a half. Off at 11a -- no brainer.

This year is the first Christmas I won't be at my mother's celebrating. Having my first Christmas with my fiancée and pup here in Topeka.

We are planning on having a pork tenderloin wrapped in jalapeño bacon probably with mashed taters.

Also, anyone have any Christmas cocktails or drink recommendations? Plan on tying one on Christmas eve.

Psyko Tek 12-18-2013 10:32 PM

I am going to ex's for morning then coming back to apt, drinking heavily and eating green chilli pork nachos
\and then killing ever thing I see on my 'puter screen

Hog's Gone Fishin 12-18-2013 10:45 PM

I gotta go jerk off a god damn pig .

Rain Man 12-18-2013 10:47 PM

I think my in-laws have gotten back into the habit of expecting us to spend every holiday with them, which really frustrates me. I'm wondering if I can stay home and relax.

trndobrd 12-18-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10292421)
I think my in-laws have gotten back into the habit of expecting us to spend every holiday with them, which really frustrates me. I'm wondering if I can stay home and relax.

Surely you can come up with some creative ways to get them back out of that habit. If not, some of the social sophisticates around here would be happy to share a few ideas.

Hammock Parties 12-18-2013 10:54 PM

watch some basketball

order a pizza

watch some of the special features on my star trek blurays

cry

Rain Man 12-18-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trndobrd (Post 10292433)
Surely you can come up with some creative ways to get them back out of that habit. If not, some of the social sophisticates around here would be sure to share a few ideas.

I'm going to experiment with ways to get uninvited without rancor. I might try extreme flatulence this Christmas. Or maybe I'll adopt Judaism if I can do it without the yarmulke and curly locks.

trndobrd 12-18-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10292437)
Or maybe I'll adopt Judaism if I can do it without the yarmulke and curly locks.

You've got to go all-in or it will never work.

Rain Man 12-18-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trndobrd (Post 10292444)
You've got to go all-in or it will never work.

I'm glad that I got circumcised at birth. Because that would be a dealbreaker otherwise.

I need to do a little more research before I make the switch. I can eat pork, right? Because that's important, too.

NewChief 12-18-2013 11:08 PM

Work with wife Christmas Eve. Drive an hour north after work to spend might with inlaws. Get up Chrustmas day and drive 4 hours south to be with my family. Two days later drive 6 hours north to KC for more inlaw action. The. Two days later drive to St. Louis for NYE. Then five hours back here. Yes, we are gluttons for punishment.

Lonewolf Ed 12-18-2013 11:14 PM

My brother is coming from Texas, so I will be drinking lots of beer, bringing more firewood in from the barn, cooking a nice turkey dinner, and exchanging presents with family and friends.

Dayze 12-18-2013 11:29 PM

Two Words: "Rape".

Dayze 12-18-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 10292500)
My brother is coming from Texas, so I will be drinking lots of beer, bringing more firewood in from the barn, cooking a nice turkey dinner, and exchanging presents with family and friends.

I'm in OP. Your place sounds way better.

A/S/L?

kevonm 12-19-2013 06:35 AM

Heading to the in-laws in Colorado. Taking our 8 weeks old baby to see them for the first time since her birth. They live in the mountains at 9k feet. Stunning views. I unexpectedly got a week offf from the hospital and am super excited. I actually really like my in-laws and it will be a great break from applying to residency.

Ceej 12-19-2013 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10292480)
Work with wife Christmas Eve. Drive an hour north after work to spend might with inlaws. Get up Chrustmas day and drive 4 hours south to be with my family. Two days later drive 6 hours north to KC for more inlaw action. The. Two days later drive to St. Louis for NYE. Then five hours back here. Yes, we are gluttons for punishment.

Yeah, uhh no thanks.