ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Official "Lost" the series discussion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100674)

Dartgod 02-10-2005 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadWolf
Great episode last night...

Yep, sure was.

One thing is bothering me though. Surely these people have a somewhat limited supply of food. So when is Hurley going to start losing some weight?

Alton deFlat 02-10-2005 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod
Yep, sure was.

One thing is bothering me though. Surely these people have a somewhat limited supply of food. So when is Hurley going to start losing some weight?

Great minds think alike. I just brought up that same point, on the Civil War thread. :hmmm:

Alton deFlat 02-10-2005 08:38 AM

and when is somebody, namely the Korean, going to butcher that dog. He probably eats enough for one person, and you know it's not fruit.

Chiefnj 02-10-2005 08:52 AM

Ethan was an ordinary human being? I thought he had super-human strength? One moment he has fantastic stalking ability, so much that Locke is afraid of him, but yet he doesn't notice the 5 of them (Charlie included) surrounding Claire? How in the world does it take 5 minutes for the possee to chase Ethan down when he's fighting with Jack. He was chasing a 9 month pregnant girl, how far could they have run?

Killing Ethan, assuming he is dead, is a pretty wimpy way out of the story line. I was hoping somebody else in the group was going to get killed that night anyway.

Joe Schmo 02-10-2005 09:45 AM

I missed it last night...who did they kill? Some unknown extra?

Dartgod 02-10-2005 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Schmo

http://www.gloomygus.org/images/redji.jpg

Alton deFlat 02-10-2005 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Schmo

This guy.

KCTitus 02-10-2005 11:27 AM

Nothing new except they killed 'super jungle guy' as he chased down a pregnant woman in her 10th or 11th month.

Im finally beginning to lose interest in this show.

Dartgod 02-10-2005 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alton deFlat

Haha. This site has him listed as Steve, also.

My name is SCOTT, DAMM....ARRRRGHHHH!!!!

Bearcat 02-10-2005 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj
How in the world does it take 5 minutes for the possee to chase Ethan down when he's fighting with Jack. He was chasing a 9 month pregnant girl, how far could they have run?

I was wondering the same thing.... I know a couple of them were up in the trees, but come on...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj
Killing Ethan, assuming he is dead, is a pretty wimpy way out of the story line. I was hoping somebody else in the group was going to get killed that night anyway.

I sort of agree that he might not have given any info, but they should have had him say something. OTOH, maybe it's better he just died, because it was either that or raise more questions... not like they would want to answer anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus
Nothing new except they killed 'super jungle guy' as he chased down a pregnant woman in her 10th or 11th month.

Im finally beginning to lose interest in this show.

Two minutes to reintroduce Claire. 45 minutes of nothing, followed by killing someone that would have quite a few answers... and then all those flashbacks to get to "you'll never take care of anyone", or whatever she said.

Next week's "suspense" in the previews was about Sawyer and Jack playing with guns... like either of them are going to die :rolleyes:

The hatch, French woman, and big ass cable are driving me nuts... this group is so freakin slow to do anything.... and whatever happened to the black guy building the raft?

Talking to someone last night, we agreed that this show has a good chance of just dying because of the ratings going downhill, before they get around to showing anything good.

KCTitus 02-10-2005 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat
Talking to someone last night, we agreed that this show has a good chance of just dying because of the ratings going downhill, before they get around to showing anything good.

And to top it off, the show is losing money shooting on location in Hawaii...it's a shame, it was a wonderful departure from the reality tv blahs.

Chiefnj 02-10-2005 12:05 PM

It's a shame that a show that was premised on a semi-original idea has within weeks succumbed to old cliché easy way outs - like shooting Ethan before he can say anything.

Fairplay 02-10-2005 12:11 PM

I've come to the conclusion that Charlie is a bad person. He killed that guy, im thinking because he could say why he wants the pregnant girl. So he killed him to shut him up.
Also i think he might have something to do with the unborn child. Like hes going to take it for some reason.

Bearcat 02-10-2005 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus
And to top it off, the show is losing money shooting on location in Hawaii...it's a shame, it was a wonderful departure from the reality tv blahs.

I didn't know that, but while watching last night, it seemed like the show had twice as many commercials as usual (for that matter, any show). The show can move pretty slowly at times anyway... commercials every 5 minutes don't help the ratings either.

KCTitus 02-10-2005 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat
I didn't know that, but while watching last night, it seemed like the show had twice as many commercials as usual (for that matter, any show). The show can move pretty slowly at times anyway... commercials every 5 minutes don't help the ratings either.

Yeah, read about it last week or so...something to do with the costs of filiming in Hawaii. Every episode loses money.

They're talking about moving it to a set.