ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Eric Steinbach-G-Browns possibly on the block? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=208092)

MIAdragon 05-24-2009 10:49 PM

Eric Steinbach-G-Browns possibly on the block?

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

Eric Steinbach was replaced by Rex Hadnot at left guard to open Browns minicamp.

The old front office drafted Joe Thomas and gave Steinbach a $49.5 million contract in the 2007 offseason to upgrade their blind-side pass protection. New coach Eric Mangini wants more beef inside, however, and Hadnot is wider than the lanky 6'6/295-pound Steinbach. Still, they'd be paying him $3.6 million this year to be a backup. Perhaps Steinbach will go on the trade block.
Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

The Bad Guy 05-24-2009 11:05 PM

I think Steinbach would fit.

JohnnyV13 05-25-2009 12:03 AM

Hell yeah, sign Steinbach and then we can let Brian Waters go, since he wants out, anyway.

RustShack 05-25-2009 02:06 AM

Waters for Steinbach?

kysirsoze 05-25-2009 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 5790655)
Waters for Steinbach?

I know nothing about Steinbach that wasn't in the original post and I am for this. Maybe I'm overreacting but I am done with Waters as a Chief.

I better text Scott to let him know...

MoreLemonPledge 05-25-2009 03:22 AM

I was hoping someone would mention this. Seems like a good and, for once, logical fit if the Brian Waters situation doesn't work out (although I tend to believe he'll be with us when the season starts).

kysirsoze 05-25-2009 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreLemonPledge (Post 5790688)
I was hoping someone would mention this. Seems like a good and, for once, logical fit if the Brian Waters situation doesn't work out (although I tend to believe he'll be with us when the season starts).

I do too. Who's gonna listen to him?

Braincase 05-25-2009 08:03 AM

We need to spend money to get to the league minimum anyway. Offer to buy his contract for a 5th rounder next year.

Mr. Krab 05-25-2009 09:43 AM

I think we are done, the team we have now is the one we start the season with unless somebody gets injured. Just a gut feeling. I'm pretty surprised how conservative Pioli has been this offseason. He really did decide to take advantage of the 1-year grace period.

SAUTO 05-25-2009 09:47 AM

didnt a writer call a chiefs-browns trade before TC? said it would be big though. most thought it would involve rogers

Marco Polo 05-25-2009 10:34 AM

Please. Make. This. Happen.

Halfcan 05-25-2009 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Krab's (Post 5790849)
I think we are done, the team we have now is the one we start the season with unless somebody gets injured. Just a gut feeling. I'm pretty surprised how conservative Pioli has been this offseason. He really did decide to take advantage of the 1-year grace period.

Conservative? you mean cheap

Clark wants at least 100 mil in his account by the end of the year. He needs the money for his soccer team.

Just Passin' By 05-25-2009 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Krab's (Post 5790849)

New starting QB.

Gonzalez gone

Defensive transition from 4-3 to 3-4

New Coaching staff

Fired the scouting staff

New O-lineman

New linebackers (some just special teams): Vrabel, Thomas, Beisel, Robertson, Mays

New wide receivers: Engram, Copper, Wright, Jones

Plus the draft

So, they've theoretically improved the linebackers, special teams, offensive line and quarterback with veterans, and improved the defensive line (for the future, at least) with draftees. Considering things like possible late trades and a few more late signings, along with picking up up a training camp cut or two (or more, as I expect), I'm not sure I'd call that a particularly conservative offseason. You can't build football programs that become perennial winners in just one season when you don't have a strong base to start with.

For the Chiefs, this year is about laying the foundation for a winning program, letting the coaching staff get its feet wet, and teaching the players what it takes to win in the new system.

Marco Polo 05-25-2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 5791030)
For the Chiefs, this year is about laying the foundation for a winning program, letting the coaching staff get its feet wet, and teaching the players what it takes to win in the new system.

Amen. :clap: