ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop ****Official **** You Mike Mayock Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270155)

O.city 02-19-2013 10:18 AM

Fair weather would mean only a fan when a team is good. If that's the case people would have left a long time ago.

I'm not leaving cause it's bad times, I'm leaving cause it's a shit franchise that doesn't care about winning. Essentially I'm giving up which is probably worse than being a fair weather fan.

patteeu 02-19-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9415194)
You need to go back to that cesspool DC. You don't even know the lexicon for ****'s sake and you've been here an eternity.

It's not lexicon, noob. It's bad typing.

The Franchise 02-19-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

A fairweather fan is someone who is only interested in a sports team when it is doing well. The term may also be used to describe political followers, music fans, and followers of various figures in the entertainment industry such as directors, actors, and so forth. As a general rule, fairweather fans are heavily criticized by people who regard themselves a loyal fans, sticking with a team through bad times as well as good ones.

This term is especially common in sports, thanks to the fact that the fortunes of a sports team are easy to follow and understand. A fairweather fan tends to root for the team which is doing well, ignoring that team if it starts to fail and sometimes switching loyalties, even to an opponent. People sometimes refer to fairweather fans as “bandwagoners,” referencing the idea that they “jump on the bandwagon” of a team which is doing well.
Pretty sure no one who sat through the last 4 years is a fair weather fan.

Hammock Parties 02-19-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9415162)
Well said. Apathy is a great word.

I haven't gone to a game in two years and I feel GOOD about it.

That's not good for Clark.

Also, I spent countless hours researching Scott Pioli and Matt Cassel and proving what ****ups they were so everyone knew about it. **** doing that again.

O.city 02-19-2013 10:19 AM

It's a running joke in this forum. Move on

patteeu 02-19-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9415204)
Felt like your post was implying a die hard losing interest in hard times is actually a fair-weather fan. I was saying that there are grey areas. For example can u blame a pirate fan for giving up emotionally? Does that make him fair-weather?

I don't have any animosity toward fair weather fans. It's just not my approach to fandom.

Frosty 02-19-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9415181)
See a ****ing trend?

That we can get a Tom Brady in the 6th round or a Mark Sanchez in the 1st?

:evil:

htismaqe 02-19-2013 10:31 AM

I finally figured out how DaFace's greasemonkey script works.

And let me tell you, it's GLORIOUS!!!

The Franchise 02-19-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9415263)
I finally figured out how DaFace's greasemonkey script works.

And let me tell you, it's GLORIOUS!!!

Do explain what the **** you are talking about....

O.city 02-19-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9415222)
I don't have any animosity toward fair weather fans. It's just not my approach to fandom.

And I don't have animosity towards some one who insults my profession. Just not my way of doing things

patteeu 02-19-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9415265)
Do explain what the **** you are talking about....

He's talking about putting painful dissenting opinions on ignore.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-19-2013 10:46 AM

No, he's saying Your And Idiot

patteeu 02-19-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9415273)
And I don't have animosity towards some one who insults my profession. Just not my way of doing things

What are you talking about? Did someone insult your profession?