ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Should the Chiefs have drafted Flacco over Dorsey? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=197593)

the Talking Can 11-30-2008 02:28 PM

in retrospect we should have been more concerned about the QB position

but i'm not going to claim that i knew anything about flacco....

Dorsey was a no-brainer pick.....but QB is a more important position, and if Flacco turns into a franchise QB then he will be a better/more valuable pick....

we could look back in 5 years and say, "see, another example of why the chiefs suck"

MahiMike 11-30-2008 02:30 PM

No, then we'd be paying high draft pick money for a QB. 7th rounders > 1st rounders.

FringeNC 11-30-2008 02:30 PM

I was more concerned with Herm ruining a QB pick, but now Herm isn't involved in the offense, and Herm, Gun, and Krumrie are ****ing up our D draft picks. Who knew?

Deberg_1990 11-30-2008 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 5258796)
in retrospect we should have been more concerned about the QB position

but i'm not going to claim that i knew anything about flacco....

Dorsey was a no-brainer pick.....but QB is a more important position, and if Flacco turns into a franchise QB then he will be a better/more valuable pick....

we could look back in 5 years and say, "see, another example of why the chiefs suck"

This.

Thank You.

the Talking Can 11-30-2008 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 5258805)
No, then we'd be paying high draft pick money for a QB. 7th rounders > 1st rounders.

i don't give a crap about the hunts spending money, no one should...and we're 30 mil under the cap, and QB is the most important piece of a franchise..

the Talking Can 11-30-2008 02:37 PM

thinking about it now, it seems crazy that we had 2 first round picks and didn't maneuver for a qb...we really are afraid of drafting QBs high, a fear we need to get over..

but this is all hindsight....hell, i still thought croyle could stay healthy....sigh

mylittlepony 11-30-2008 02:41 PM

Would Brady still be our QB after we had drafted him in the 2000 draft? And would the scraps of his supermodel smorgasbord litter the streets of KC?

TRR 11-30-2008 02:41 PM

I hear a lot of fans saying negative comments about Glenn Dorsey. However, if you compare his stats to other rookie, or even second year DT's. they stack up pretty well.

I'm not disappointed in the least bit with Dorsey's play. I think he has been banged up for most of the season, and fought through every week, and has flashed some ability. His role is to take on double teams, and I think he has done a pretty good job with that this year. Unfortunately KC doesn't have the LB's to take advantage of it IMO.

Deberg_1990 11-30-2008 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 5258843)
His role is to take on double teams, and I think he has done a pretty good job with that this year.

Pretty high pick to use on a guy there to just take up bodies.

Ultra Peanut 11-30-2008 02:47 PM

You are reeruned.

FringeNC 11-30-2008 02:48 PM

Quote:

I hear a lot of fans saying negative comments about Glenn Dorsey. However, if you compare his stats to other rookie, or even second year DT's. they stack up pretty well.

I'm not disappointed in the least bit with Dorsey's play. I think he has been banged up for most of the season, and fought through every week, and has flashed some ability. His role is to take on double teams, and I think he has done a pretty good job with that this year. Unfortunately KC doesn't have the LB's to take advantage of it IMO.

Dorsey probably will develop [if the coaching staff is shit-canned], but when our front four has been dominated like it has been, to say anyone has done a competent job THIS YEAR is a joke.

The Bad Guy 11-30-2008 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 5258805)

When you start using the money savings in your argument instead of skill set, it shows how brainwashed you have become as a fan of the Kansas City Chiefs.

CupidStunt 11-30-2008 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 5258823)
thinking about it now, it seems crazy that we had 2 first round picks and didn't maneuver for a qb...we really are afraid of drafting QBs high, a fear we need to get over..

You must be really struggling to remember how bad the QB class was thought of. Only Ryan was worth a shit, and this board would've literally exploded had the Chiefs moved up for him. And then re-exploded when he played like dogshit on this sorry team.

The Bad Guy 11-30-2008 02:56 PM

Quote:

If you aren't dissapointed in Dorsey's play after the ridiculous amount of hype he received, then you have a lot lower expectations than I do.

The Bad Guy 11-30-2008 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 5258861)
Dorsey probably will develop [if the coaching staff is shit-canned], but when our front four has been dominated like it has been, to say anyone has done a competent job THIS YEAR is a joke.

No kidding.

I wonder a lot of the time if I've been watching the game games as some people.