ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ***Official Trade for Nick Foles Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270241)

Messier 02-21-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9423773)
I know.

I'm messing with you.

Relax Holmes.

Well played.

htismaqe 02-21-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9423784)
Well played.

I think this offseason has created a new malady.

Twitter-induced whiplash.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-21-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9423775)
What? You're disappointed?

Stop getting yourself all psyched up every time a new rumor comes out and that wouldn't happen.

What's next, the ***OFFICIAL BRING DONOVAN MCNABB OUT OF RETIREMENT*** thread?

Don't tease yourself...

Btw...thanks for participating. Let's keep this on the front page! You and I!

htismaqe 02-21-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9423788)
Don't tease yourself...

Btw...thanks for participating. Let's keep this on the front page! You and I!

ROFL

O.city 02-21-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9423771)
.....sigh.

So you're a jealous Hypocrite. Got it.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-21-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9423793)
So you're a jealous Hypocrite. Got up.

Yes. Got up.

htismaqe 02-21-2013 06:07 PM

Got up?

I am afraid I'm not hip on all the new slang.

O.city 02-21-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9423794)
Yes. Got up.

Nice catch.

TribalElder 02-21-2013 06:08 PM

I hope we don't shit the bed

SAUTO 02-21-2013 06:55 PM

Why did chip Kelly say he was "hopeful" to get foles on the practice field and see what he has?

Seemed like a slip up to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 02-21-2013 06:57 PM

"hopefully get a chance to get him out on the practice field" exact quote
Posted via Mobile Device

OrtonsPiercedTaint 02-21-2013 07:01 PM

Foles competing at Chiefs' traning camp is probably a safe bet. Who he is competing with is the not 63 million dollar question.

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-21-2013 08:30 PM

Reid said today trading for Foles is not an option.

Thread over !

O.city 02-23-2013 10:32 AM

Rotoworld Football ‏@Rotoworld_FB

Eagles, Chiefs discuss Foles swap at Combine http://dlvr.it/304Yr8
Retweeted by Evan Silva

htismaqe 02-23-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9427995)
Rotoworld Football ‏@Rotoworld_FB

Eagles, Chiefs discuss Foles swap at Combine http://dlvr.it/304Yr8
Retweeted by Evan Silva

Cool.

Hopefully that's the end of it but if not oh well.

ShowtimeSBMVP 02-23-2013 10:38 AM

Behind the scenes, Chiefs and Eagles discuss Foles

Behind the scenes, Chiefs and Eagles discuss Foles
Mike Garafolo, USA TODAY Sports11:17a.m. EST February 23, 2013
combine foles

(Photo: Eric Hartline, USA TODAY Sports)
Story Highlights

A possible trade between the Kansas City Chiefs and Philadelphia Eagles involving QB Nick Foles has been discussed
The Eagles, with new head coach Chip Kelly, insist they want to keep Foles, who was drafted by Andy Reid, now head coach of the Chiefs
Meanwhile, the Chiefs haven't (yet) asked QB Matt Cassel to take a pay cut from his $7.5 million 2013 salary

INDIANAPOLIS – The Kansas City Chiefs and Philadelphia Eagles spoke this week about a possible trade involving Eagles quarterback Nick Foles, but no progress has been made toward a deal, according to a person informed of the talks between the teams.

The person, who spoke to USA TODAY Sports on condition of anonymity because the conversations weren't to be discussed publicly, said the Eagles conveyed to the Chiefs what they've been saying through the media – they like Foles and plan on giving him a chance to compete with Michael Vick for the starting job.

YAWN! Elway unimpressed with Combine QBs

'WAY AHEAD OF SCHEDULE': Doc amazed by RGIII's rehab

BARKLEY VIDEO: USC QB on his draft value

Former Eagles coach Andy Reid was asked about Foles during his press conference at the scouting combine. The new Chiefs coach said, "He's not available. You just had (Eagles GM) Howie (Roseman) up here (on the podium), so I think you know that."

However, the conversation between the teams about Foles nonetheless occurred later that day. The Eagles reiterated what Reid already knew – Foles is not on the market at this point.

There's always a chance things could change in the next few weeks or months. In fact, there's no urgency at this point because, while teams are free to discuss potential trades right now, no deals can occur before the start of the league year on March 12. For now, talks between the Eagles and Chiefs are going nowhere on the Foles front.

Meanwhile, a person briefed on the Chiefs' thinking in regard to Matt Cassel said the veteran quarterback has not been offered a pay cut from his slated salary of $7.5 million. The person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the team hasn't talked about Cassel's contract situation in detail, said it seems Cassel is destined to be released soon.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-23-2013 10:40 AM

Better than Alex Smith.

Messier 02-23-2013 10:43 AM

Those that get excited that every QB trade that looks like it won't happen, doesn't mean we're one step closer to a QB in the first. It means we're one step closer to Cassel being on the team. So, I wouldn't get too excited.

O.city 02-23-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9428029)
Those that get excited that every QB trade that looks like it won't happen, doesn't mean we're one step closer to a QB in the first. It means we're one step closer to Cassel being on the team. So, I wouldn't get too excited.

I'm guessing you didn't read that article?

siberian khatru 02-23-2013 10:46 AM

So by "discuss" we mean:

KC: Is Foles available?

PHI: No.

KC: OK, thanks.

Messier 02-23-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9428031)
I'm guessing you didn't read that article?

Maybe it's part of negotiations, but it says the Eagles plan on keeping Foles.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-23-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9428032)
So by "discuss" we mean:

KC: Is Foles available?

PHI: No.

KC: OK, thanks.

Perhaps...but it kind of gives some insight on where they stand on drafting a qb with the overall pick at the moment...

Mr_Tomahawk 02-23-2013 10:52 AM

How soon can a trade like this occur if it were to happen? Someone yesterday said the 12th?

mcaj22 02-23-2013 10:58 AM

what if Foles was option 1a and now Alex Smith is option 1b

**** me running. i hate this team

O.city 02-23-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9428036)
Maybe it's part of negotiations, but it says the Eagles plan on keeping Foles.

That and the part that says they're likely to release cassel as no reneg has occured

htismaqe 02-23-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9428038)
Perhaps...but it kind of gives some insight on where they stand on drafting a qb with the overall pick at the moment...

Potentially. It's possible they view Foles strictly as an insurance policy. Not likely, but still possible.

RUSH 02-23-2013 04:16 PM

Reuben Frank ‏@RoobCSN
RE: Nick Foles. I'm told nothing has changed. Eagles and Chiefs spoke. They're no closer to a trade. Eagles not backing off their demands.

Messier 02-23-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSH (Post 9428976)
Reuben Frank ‏@RoobCSN
RE: Nick Foles. I'm told nothing has changed. Eagles and Chiefs spoke. They're no closer to a trade. Eagles not backing off their demands.

Seems odd to tweet this.

htismaqe 02-23-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSH (Post 9428976)
Reuben Frank ‏@RoobCSN

Good.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-23-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9428983)
Seems odd to tweet this.

Agreed.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-24-2013 08:51 AM

So how many reports surface today that we are interested in Foles but Eagles plan on keeping him....meanwhile they sign another QB to the roster [sarcasm].

Mr_Tomahawk 02-26-2013 12:12 PM

I still think with 4 QBs on the roster...Eagles will eventually shop Foles.

----------------------------------

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2...t_barkley.html

Despite restructuring Michael Vick's contract and publicly announcing that Nick Foles is not on the market, many believe the Eagles will still go after a quarterback early in the draft. Vick is not though of as the future of the team and Foles does not seem to fit into the style of offense Chip Kelly is expected to run. That leaves the Eagles looking for a franchise quarterback, one Kelly could groom and build his offense around.

Could that quarterback be Barkley?

Where Barkley will fall in the draft is not clear. Some believe he could fall into the second round, while some reports have him not making it out of the top 10. Unless the Eagles decide to take Barkley with the fourth overall pick- a move that is highly unlikely- they will either have to move back into the first round or hope he makes it all the way to the 35th pick in the draft- something that very well could happen, although quarterback is always a position that teams will reach for on draft day.

Of course meeting with a player at the Combine is not always a sign that the team is extremely interested. Most teams will meet with any player they feel could potentially become available to them, doing their homework to cover all angles on draft day. Still, meeting with Barkley does at least show that Howie Roseman and Chip Kelly view him as a player that could potentially draft.

http://www.sportsworldreport.com/art...en-jenkins.htm

The Eagles have brought back quarterback Michael Vick and also signed backup Dennis Dixon to join Nick Foles and Trent Edwards on the roster. Kelly said that Vick will have a chance to compete for the starting position next season and while it has not went down yet, rumors have circulated that the team is planning to trade Foles.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/colum..._option_in_nfl

Time will tell just how prominent the read option will be in Chip Kelly’s offense next season.

If you believe Nick Foles will be the Eagles’ starting quarterback, which I don’t, then the read option will be scarcer than a Kardashian at a Mensa meeting.

The Eagles have four quarterbacks on their roster: Foles, Dixon, Mike Vick and Trent Edwards. Edwards’ days in Philadelphia are numbered. He’s at the bus terminal at 10th & Filbert right now, waiting for the next Greyhound out of town.

Foles probably is the best quarterback of the other three. But if you played the which-one-doesn’t-belong game with him and Vick and Dixon, he’d be odd man out. Vick and Dixon both have the speed to run the read option. Foles doesn’t.

Kelly insists he’s keeping his options open right now.

“I’ve never had a chance to work with Michael or Nick,” he said. “I saw Nick play in college. I’ve spoken with all of those guys on the phone, but that was just an introductory, ‘Hey, how you doin’?’

“I can’t tell you what the future’s going to be or who it’s going to be (playing quarterback). A lot of that will come when we have a chance to spend time with them out on the practice field.”

Kelly insists he’s not married to the read option, that he’ll fit his system around the talent on his roster.

But it makes little sense that Kelly would make the giant leap from college to the pros, then be willing to bag the read option, which was a critical component in his offensive system at Oregon.

It also would make little sense to keep Foles around as a backup to Vick, since, as Rivera pointed out, you’d have to alter your offense if Vick got hurt.

“Nick Foles has a skill set that, it’s our job, if he’s our quarterback, to put him in a position to make plays,” Kelly said.

“Obviously, one player throws certain routes better than another player, one person does a better job in certain check-with-mes at the line of scrimmage. That’s what I think every coach does. I don’t think anybody runs the same exact playcall sheet (with different quarterbacks).”

It would be a shock if the Eagles didn’t select a quarterback in the draft in late April, and it would be a shock if it isn’t one of the guys with the skill set to run the read option.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-26-2013 12:13 PM

Cmon Dixon and Edwards are camp fodder. The right QB falls to them at 4, then yeah they'll deal Fools.

htismaqe 02-26-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9441026)
Cmon Dixon and Edwards are camp fodder. The right QB falls to them at 4, then yeah they'll deal Fools.

Exactly.

Direckshun 02-26-2013 12:31 PM

Yeah, Foles is going to be traded or hit the market.

Titty Meat 02-26-2013 12:37 PM

Meh Dixon and Edwards are Mediterranean Avenue and Balic avenue they don't really matter. Foles will still be an Eagle.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-27-2013 01:24 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7475/nick-foles

Latest NewsRecent NewsESPN's Adam Schefter stated on SportsCenter that the Alex Smith deal "squashes" the notion of a Nick Foles-to-Kansas City trade.We wonder if Philly overplayed its hand here. The Eagles openly claimed Foles was available only for a first- or second-round pick, despite his obviously poor fit under Chip Kelly. If the Eagles are going to trade Foles -- and Schefter reported "people around the league" still believe they will -- they may have to settle for a third- or fourth-rounder after alienating his likeliest suitor. Feb 27 - 2:12 PM

Mr_Tomahawk 02-27-2013 10:30 PM

Here you go Dane....

Cock ****er.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-28-2013 06:40 AM

Have we swapped 1st with the Eagles for this guy yet?

Direckshun 03-02-2013 04:57 PM

It should be mentioned that the Eagles now have five quarterbacks on their team.

They will almost certainly cut Foles.

The Chiefs will almost certainly claim him off waivers.

They'll draft a QB in the draft and that will give us three new QBs for 2013.

Direckshun 03-02-2013 05:36 PM

No comments on this?

Nobody is trading for Foles, which means he's going to get cut, and he's going to be a Chief.

Smith, Foles, Nassib will be our QB depth chart.

That's a wholesale improvement on all three levels for the QB position, disappointment over Geno notwithstanding.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-02-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9457914)
No comments on this?

Nobody is trading for Foles, which means he's going to get cut, and he's going to be a Chief.

Smith, Foles, Nassib will be our QB depth chart.

That's a wholesale improvement on all three levels for the QB position, disappointment over Geno notwithstanding.

I agree. At this point, acquiring Foles is about the best thing this team is willing to do.

NJChiefsFan 03-02-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9457807)
It should be mentioned that the Eagles now have five quarterbacks on their team.

They will almost certainly cut Foles.

The Chiefs will almost certainly claim him off waivers.

They'll draft a QB in the draft and that will give us three new QBs for 2013.

I don't think it's certain Foles is the one cut. Hypothetically though, I would take Smith Foles QB from draft as our depth chart considering where we are right now. Anything to make me realize Smith isn't being handed the Cassel treatment where he gets 2 plus years. If we landed one of the 2nd or 3rd round QB prospects I would be happy. Manuel or Bray would be my preference. Clearly the guy the draft won't get a chance year one so might as well take the guys who need work but have upside.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-02-2013 05:58 PM

Trading down to #4 with Foles as part of the package might be best case.

Direckshun 03-02-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9457945)
I don't think it's certain Foles is the one cut. Hypothetically though, I would take Smith Foles QB from draft as our depth chart considering where we are right now.

He absolutely is.

Vick is your starter. Dixon is your backup.

They've wanted to trade Foles from the day Chip Kelly arrived.

That means that Trent Edwards and Nick Foles are not long for Philly.

Only Philly can't execute a trade because no team thinks Foles is a starter, and you don't trade picks for a backup.

Foles will hit the market. He'll either get waiver'd by KC, or he'll follow Andy Reid since he knows Reid loves him and will give him his best shot.

Mr_Tomahawk 03-02-2013 06:00 PM

Who are their 5 qbs? And do the eagles benefit from cutting him....?

Direckshun 03-02-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9457999)
Who are their 5 qbs? And do the eagles benefit from cutting him....?

The Eagles QBs: Vick, Dixon, Foles, Trent Edwards, and some camp fodder guy they just signed.

With resigning Vick and the acquisition of Dixon, it's clear Kelly is looking for QBs that can run. Foles, of course, is a statue. Edwards can run.

The Eagles can't carry more than 3 QBs -- well they can, but they aren't. You need a starter, a backup, and a developmental guy. With Dixon on board, Foles is no longer any of those guys for the Eagles.

But he'd fit right into slot #2 for Kansas City.

O.city 03-02-2013 06:10 PM

Trade the 1st pick to Philly for the 4th pick for Foles, their 2nd rounder and next years first?

Direckshun 03-02-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9458016)
Trade the 1st pick to Philly for the 4th pick for Foles, their 2nd rounder and next years first?

Eagles don't want to trade up.

They've got their QB.

O.city 03-02-2013 06:16 PM

Kelly was obsessed with getting Geno to Eugene. He's not tied to any of those QB's. If you really think Dennis Dixon is going to keep him from getting his guy, well, I'd say thats probably not true.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-02-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9458022)
Eagles don't want to trade up.

They've got their QB.

Huh? They have Vick for a year and a bunch of shit. Dennis Dixon and Trent Edwards are not guys that cause cuts or prevent making moves at the QB position. Foles is not getting flat out cut unless they get Geno and nobody will swing a 5 or 6 for him.

Direckshun 03-02-2013 06:19 PM

I think what's going to keep him from getting his guy is Vick. Vick is clearly his guy.

You don't trade up to #1 overall and bench the QB you drafted.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-02-2013 06:23 PM

If Chip has an SNR sized boner for Geno, you can bet Vick's ass is on the bench next year and they make a move up to snag him.

Direckshun 03-02-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9458046)
If Chip has an SNR sized boner for Geno, you can bet Vick's ass is on the bench next year and they make a move up to snag him.

He signed a three year restructured deal.

At worst, it's a one-year deal for TEN MILLION DOLLARS.

Yeah, sounds like he'll be riding the bench.

Meanwhile, Chip Kelly acquired the QB he coached at Oregon.

Foles is gone, and I'm betting he just gets cut.

O.city 03-02-2013 06:26 PM

I'm not sure I woudl't rather have Tyler Bray anyway, so I'm trying like hell to trade out of that spot with whoever wants it.

Direckshun 03-02-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9458054)
I'm not sure I woudl't rather have Tyler Bray anyway, so I'm trying like hell to trade out of that spot with whoever wants it.

Yeah, we talked about that in another thread.

The Chiefs simply must offer somebody a bargain for the #1 overall, because the Chiefs don't want it, the talent doesn't really fall off anywhere in the Top 10 picks, and anybody the Chiefs want at 1 is probably going to available in some way at 4 or 7 or 8.

The Chiefs need to find somebody high on Geno, and offer them the #1 pick for the other team's 2nd rounder this year and next year.

That'll give us back everything we lost in Alex Smith, and essentially mean we traded a Smith for a Smith.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-02-2013 06:30 PM

Foles is not getting cut because of Dennis f'n Dixon. That would be dumb. Sounds more like wishfull thinking.

O.city 03-02-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9458067)
Yeah, we talked about that in another thread.

The Chiefs simply must offer somebody a bargain for the #1 overall, because the Chiefs don't want it, the talent doesn't really fall off anywhere in the Top 10 picks, and anybody the Chiefs want at 1 is probably going to available in some way at 4 or 7 or 8.

The Chiefs need to find somebody high on Geno, and offer them the #1 pick for the other team's 2nd rounder this year and next year.

That'll give us back everything we lost in Alex Smith, and essentially mean we traded a Smith for a Smith.

I'd try like hell to sell it to Arizona or Buffalo, for this years second, next years first and another pick.

Direckshun 03-02-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9458069)
Foles is not getting cut because of Dennis f'n Dixon. That would be dumb. Sounds more like wishfull thinking.

Look at the connections.

Dixon knows the offense better than Foles, is more the style Kelly prefers, and was coached by Kelly himself.

You think they brought Dixon in as a 3rd stringer?

Foles is as good as gone. And right now the interest is higher on the QB market for Cassel than it is for Foles.

People don't think Foles is a starter, so they're not going to flip picks for him.

Direckshun 03-02-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9458075)
I'd try like hell to sell it to Arizona or Buffalo, for this years second, next years first and another pick.

That sound you just heard is a dial tone.

They're not forfeiting a future 1st for Geno Smith. They will however return your calls if you're offering a ****ing fantastic deal that will hardly ping them.

Getting those picks back, however, would be huge for this team.

Especially if they can get Foles for free.

Mr_Tomahawk 03-02-2013 06:35 PM

Please don't tease me. I'd rather trade for foles rather than him getting cut and going to another team before he meets with us.

O.city 03-02-2013 06:38 PM

Also, we don't even know what the comp is yet. We're hearing it's likely different than what is being reported so well just have to wait and see on that.

I would like to atleast get a 2 back this year.

Direckshun 03-02-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9458086)
Please don't tease me. I'd rather trade for foles rather than him getting cut and going to another team before he meets with us.

If Foles gets cut, we're his first stop.

If he gets cut, he knows he's a backup. And he's going to want Andy Reid.

Direckshun 03-02-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9458102)
Also, we don't even know what the comp is yet. We're hearing it's likely different than what is being reported so well just have to wait and see on that.

I would like to atleast get a 2 back this year.

You can't get a 2. The best you can get is a 3.

We're going to get a 3 for Carr. We may get a 7th for Barry Richardson.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-02-2013 06:51 PM

Why would they cut Foles after the CHiefs requested(rumor) the possibility of trade? Then gave the farm and all breathing air rights to the 9ers for Smith.

crazycoffey 03-02-2013 06:54 PM

Someone should have long ago started "***** Official talk about what QB the chiefs should draft or trade for****" thread

Pasta Little Brioni 03-02-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint (Post 9458153)
Why would they cut Foles after the CHiefs requested(rumor) the possibility of trade? Then gave the farm and all breathing air rights to the 9ers for Smith.

They won't unless MAYBE they get Geno. Folks pining for dealing a 3rd for a guy that ended up getting outright cut because of Dennis Dixon LMAO

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-02-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9458175)
They won't unless MAYBE they get Geno. Folks pining for dealing a 3rd for a guy that ended up getting outright cut because of Dennis Dixon LMAO

Reid would have allowed even deeper penetration for the known quanity of Foles.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-02-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint (Post 9458186)
Reid would have allowed even deeper penetration for the known quanity of Foles.

Que gif of him guarding his sammich at the combine

Direckshun 03-02-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint (Post 9458153)

Apparently, there was an intense market of 3+ teams for Smith.

As for Foles, we were pretty much the market.

Direckshun 03-02-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 9458165)
Someone should have long ago started "***** Official talk about what QB the chiefs should draft or trade for****" thread

Here you go.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-02-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9458191)
Que gif of him guarding his sammich at the combine

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/22...yumyumandy.gif

NJChiefsFan 03-02-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9457998)
He absolutely is.

Vick is your starter. Dixon is your backup.

They've wanted to trade Foles from the day Chip Kelly arrived.

That means that Trent Edwards and Nick Foles are not long for Philly.

Only Philly can't execute a trade because no team thinks Foles is a starter, and you don't trade picks for a backup.

Foles will hit the market. He'll either get waiver'd by KC, or he'll follow Andy Reid since he knows Reid loves him and will give him his best shot.

I just don't see them cutting Foles. If they don't get any play for him I don't see why they would be afraid of having Vick/Dixon/Foles. What is the benefit of cutting Foles versus keeping him as a 2nd or 3rd QB?

Direckshun 03-02-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9458211)
I just don't see them cutting Foles. If they don't get any play for him I don't see why they would be afraid of having Vick/Dixon/Foles. What is the benefit of cutting Foles versus keeping him as a 2nd or 3rd QB?

The roster spot, mainly. Chip Kelly wants his guys.

Foles is not a third stringer. Teams just don't operate that way. They aren't going to put a guy who started for a half dozen games and didn't shit his pants on the third string.

NJChiefsFan 03-02-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9458217)
The roster spot, mainly. Chip Kelly wants his guys.

Foles is not a third stringer. Teams just don't operate that way. They aren't going to put a guy who started for a half dozen games and didn't shit his pants on the third string.

We will see. If Chip doesn't go for another QB in the draft, I really don't think its crazy to think he keeps Foles.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-02-2013 07:35 PM

So, they keep Trent Edwards(street trash) and cut Foles (a guy they wanted a 2nd for)....got it LMAO

KurtCobain 03-02-2013 07:38 PM

Foles backing up Smith? Love it. Qb problem solved imo.

Direckshun 03-02-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9458310)
Foles backing up Smith? Love it. Qb problem solved imo.

I am going to smash your face on a car windshield.

KurtCobain 03-02-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9458313)
I am going to smash your face on a car windshield.

You're my boy, D. When Alex Smith wins his first playoff game in KC either this year or next, I'm taking you to dinner on the house wherever you want to go regardless of price. now you have more incentive to root for Alex Smith.

Direckshun 03-02-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9458326)
You're my boy, D. When Alex Smith wins his first playoff game in KC either this year or next, I'm taking you to dinner on the house wherever you want to go regardless of price. now you have more incentive to root for Alex Smith.

I bet you just say that to all the girls.