ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Ben Affleck is the new Batman (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275523)

Mr. Laz 08-22-2013 07:44 PM

Ben Affleck is the new Batman

Ben Affleck is the new Batman
Trey Barrineau, USA TODAY 9:27 p.m. EDT August 22, 2013
He'll replace Christian Bale in the Batman-Superman movie planned for 2015.

Ben Affleck will replace Christian Bale in the Zack Snyder-directed Batman-Superman movie that's scheduled to be released in July 2015.

Warner Bros. made the announcement on Thursday.

From the press release announcing the casting:

"Ending weeks of speculation, Ben Affleck has been set to star as Batman, a.k.a. Bruce Wayne. Affleck and filmmaker Zack Snyder will create an entirely new incarnation of the character in Snyder's as-yet-untitled project—bringing Batman and Superman together for the first time on the big screen and continuing the director's vision of their universe, which he established in Man of Steel. The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures.

"Affleck will star opposite Henry Cavill, who will reprise the role of Superman/Clark Kent. The film will also reunite "Man of Steel" stars Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane.

"In the announcement, Silverman stated, 'We knew we needed an extraordinary actor to take on one of DC Comics' most enduringly popular Super Heroes, and Ben Affleck certainly fits that bill, and then some. His outstanding career is a testament to his talent and we know he and Zack will bring new dimension to the duality of this character.'

"Snyder also expressed his excitement about the casting of Affleck, noting, 'Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry's Superman. He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne. I can't wait to work with him.'

"Kroll added, 'We are so thrilled that Ben is continuing Warner Bros.' remarkable legacy with the character of Batman. He is a tremendously gifted actor who will make this role his own in this already much-anticipated pairing of these two beloved heroes.'

Affleck has previous experience as a superhero -- he played Daredevil in the 2003 film of the same name.

KcMizzou 08-22-2013 07:52 PM

Well, this'll get people talking...lol

I like Affleck a lot. More than most people. But Jesus... he's got a tough act to follow.

KcMizzou 08-22-2013 07:54 PM

I was just thinking, " ....is Laz ****ing with me?" But it looks legit.

Chiefs Pantalones 08-22-2013 07:55 PM

**** this. I'm not watching that shit now. Terrible actor.

L.A. Chieffan 08-22-2013 08:09 PM

They should probably remake Superman now, its been like 6 months already.

CrazyPhuD 08-22-2013 08:12 PM

This could work if Matt Damon agrees to be Robin.

KcMizzou 08-22-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 9907321)
This could work if Matt Damon agrees to be Robin.

NO ROBIN

CrazyPhuD 08-22-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9907326)
NO ROBIN

How about Matt Damon as Bat Girl then?

KcMizzou 08-22-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 9907330)
How about Matt Damon as Bat Girl then?

Well,

That'd be weird.

Fire Me Boy! 08-22-2013 08:24 PM

Waiting for Batman to sound like he's from Boston.

Mother****erJones 08-22-2013 08:38 PM

Great. Another shitty batman. Nobody can touch Keaton. Bale was bullshit. So will Affleck

keg in kc 08-22-2013 08:42 PM

Makes sense, if they're going for older (which they are).

DJJasonp 08-22-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9907413)
Great. Another shitty batman. Nobody can touch Keaton. Bale was bullshit. So will Affleck

Huh?:shake:

Raiderhater 08-22-2013 08:45 PM

Terrible choice.

wazu 08-22-2013 08:58 PM

I really don't care who plays Batman. It's who produces/directs the movie, and who plays the villians that matters. Batman as a character is really not that challenging.