ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Official: Andy Reid Signs His Contract (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268503)

The Bad Guy 01-05-2013 10:26 AM

Brian Billick would have been more preferable?

How?

Brian Billick needs exceptional talent to win. He needs all world players to win. Cunningham was fantastic in Minnesota, he had a stud running back, 2 unreal WRs and a stud slot in Jake Reed.

When he went to Baltimore, he had the greatest defense I've ever seen.

There's also a reason the guy hasn't sniffed a HC job since he was let go from Baltimore over 5 years ago.

WhiteWhale 01-05-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9284677)
You'd really take Cowher over Reid? Are you feeling OK?

Reid is an offensive version of the same coach, but with 1 less superbowl ring.

dirk digler 01-05-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9284640)
I am not excited about Andy Reid as the HC of the Chiefs, the same as I was not excited about Scott Pioli as the GM of the Chiefs when he was hired.

I am not really trying to acomplish anything here, except to show that I am not really on board.

Your are not alone with this feeling compadre.

In58men 01-05-2013 11:09 AM

Add this to the OP

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/06/gepubegy.jpg

milkman 01-05-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9284677)
You'd really take Cowher over Reid? Are you feeling OK?

As I've said before, I don't like Reid's approach on offense, the general lack of balance, and the fact that he put the game in the hands of a guy that I always considered highly overrated in McNabb.

I also don't generally like the type of defensive players he targets in the draft.

I'd take Cowher because I believe he could lure Chan Gailey back to KC as OC, and I think Gailey, while not a good HC, is one of the very best offensive minds in the NFL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9284707)

How?

Brian Billick needs exceptional talent to win. He needs all world players to win. Cunningham was fantastic in Minnesota, he had a stud running back, 2 unreal WRs and a stud slot in Jake Reed.

There's also a reason the guy hasn't sniffed a HC job since he was let go from Baltimore over 5 years ago.

Brian Billick is a solid administrator, which I believe is critical to success.

Who he brings in assistents would be critical.

Rugby Thompson 01-05-2013 11:14 AM

That pic of Andy and Clark looks like it's from the 1970's, why is this team more secretive then the CIA?

htismaqe 01-05-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9284717)
Reid is an offensive version of the same coach, but with 1 less superbowl ring.

And that one less Super Bowl ring makes him all the more palatable over Cowher. Cowher doesn't even want to coach, let alone have a desire to win a championship.

htismaqe 01-05-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9284777)
I'd take Cowher because I believe he could lure Chan Gailey back to KC as OC, and I think Gailey, while not a good HC, is one of the very best offensive minds in the NFL.

Wow. Who stole the real milkman?

ChiefMojo 01-05-2013 11:18 AM

It is tough to decorate Arrowhead in such short time. Peehole had that place like a mortuary.

Mother****erJones 01-05-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9284707)

How?

Brian billick won because he had the greatest D of all time! He sucks no thanks. That ass clown athan kept pushing for him

Mother****erJones 01-05-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9284701)
No, Kyle Orton didn't even give the Chiefs a chance. He bolted for Dallas the minute they told him Cassel was the starter going forward.

Cheap owners don't shell out nearly 2.5 million for Haley to go away, 4 million for Romeo go to away and 15 million for Pioli to go away.

Sorry, the Clark is cheap bullshit is garbage. The Hunt family spent a ton on free agent contracts in the 2000s. He spent a ton of money in 2010 to get Weis and Romeo on staff as well.

Reid is going to cost 40 million. He's hiring a new GM that's going to get at least 3-5 million a year and have to hire a cap guy.

:clap: plus player contracts and routt who was cut

Pin Head 01-05-2013 11:23 AM

All of this pro bowl talent in KC has been around for awhile now yet we has 5 losing seasons in the last 6 years. And we're not talking about a bunch of 7-9 seasons...usually worse than that.

I like Reid but can't overlook his disasterous last two seasons. Any coach who can't win The SB with the talent Reid had there in Philly is not a good coach.

I give Reid 3 years before he is fired.

Mother****erJones 01-05-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9284549)
WTF does this mean? You guys sold the damn barn for Carson Palmer

More like stick to shooting fans and being ghetto motheruckers ROFL

htismaqe 01-05-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narrow Head (Post 9284804)
All of this pro bowl talent in KC has been around for awhile now yet we has 5 losing seasons in the last 6 years. And we're not talking about a bunch of 7-9 seasons...usually worse than that.

I like Reid but can't overlook his disasterous last two seasons. Any coach who can't win The SB with the talent Reid had there in Philly is not a good coach.

I give Reid years before he fired.

The last two seasons are a direct result of him being there too long. If a coach can't win a championship in the first 5 years, it's time to move on.

O.city 01-05-2013 11:26 AM

Why is Bob continually allowed to run around with different profiles and talk about hte same stupid bullshit, when we know he's trolling?