ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Reid interested in Alex Smith... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269575)

mcaj22 02-22-2013 09:02 PM

if they draft that ****ing guard that makes me right about how awful Jeff Allen is and that really bums me out

O.city 02-22-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9426881)
God ****ing damnit.

If this shit goes down, we had better draft Wilson or Nassib or somebody in round 2.

Cole is a good source. I don't want Alex ****ing Smith. ****

I ..............**** man I dunno.

I don't see them trading from him and drafting a guy. They could I guess, but I don't see it.

I had actually somewhat talked myself into like Foles. I just can't get on board with Alex Smith.

Mother****erJones 02-22-2013 09:04 PM

Oh god please no. I want Geno he's the best QB in this class and is a football nerd. Reid can coach him up

mcaj22 02-22-2013 09:04 PM

i also talked myself into the Foles scenario to completely try and brainwash myself that anything involving Alex Smith would NOT happen. Because I hate Alex Smith

RunKC 02-22-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9426886)
I ..............**** man I dunno.

I don't see them trading from him and drafting a guy. They could I guess, but I don't see it.

I had actually somewhat talked myself into like Foles. I just can't get on board with Alex Smith.

He isn't the worst option, if it means developing a QB to take over like Harbaugh did with Kaepernick.

We have to use that plan if this shit goes down. No ****ing excuses.

O.city 02-22-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9426884)
if they draft that ****ing guard that makes me right about how awful Jeff Allen is and that really bums me out

If we just went thru a 2-14 season, have a player murder his wife then himself, clean house etc, get the first overall pick, only to draft a guard. ..............

Actually, yeah, sounds just about right.

mcaj22 02-22-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9426900)
If we just went thru a 2-14 season, have a player murder his wife then himself, clean house etc, get the first overall pick, only to draft a guard. ..............

Actually, yeah, sounds just about right.

well if they are going this crappy Alex Smith route, what else are they going to pick at 1? a ****ing Olineman, so either the LT or the guard. Either way that replaces Brandon Albert and/or Jeff Allen

how pathetic is that crap. Garbage.

O.city 02-22-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9426896)
He isn't the worst option, if it means developing a QB to take over like Harbaugh did with Kaepernick.

We have to use that plan if this shit goes down. No ****ing excuses.

If they bring him in, it's win now. No excuses. Doing this is basically saying we like him right now more than any of the rookies, which is fine, but there are no growing pains, etc.

Maybe they do go with Smith and see what happens in next years draft.

But he better win now.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-22-2013 09:07 PM

SEE....Nick Foles isnt such a bad idea if it means avoiding Alex ****ing Cassel.

O.city 02-22-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9426907)
well if they are going this crappy Alex Smith route, what else are they going to pick at 1? a ****ing Olineman, so either the LT or the guard. Either way that replaces Brandon Albert and/or Jeff Allen

how pathetic is that crap. Garbage.

It absolutely will be Joeckel. Theres no ****ing way they take a guard at 1.

Hootie 02-22-2013 09:08 PM

I'm interested in AIDS doesn't mean I have to have them

mcaj22 02-22-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9426908)
If they bring him in, it's win now. No excuses. Doing this is basically saying we like him right now more than any of the rookies, which is fine, but there are no growing pains, etc.

Maybe they do go with Smith and see what happens in next years draft.

But he better win now.

the problem is Alex Smith cant win now

your best with Alex Smith is 10-6 with a first round playoff exit
your worst with Alex Smith is 6-10 and another wasted season of the 7 good prime talents left on the team, probably another offseason where more of them walk for nothing

it will probably end up being somewhere in the 8-8 range with Alex Smith

great

O.city 02-22-2013 09:09 PM

Evan Silva has been calling him to the Chiefs for a while, so......who knows.

O.city 02-22-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9426914)
the problem is Alex Smith cant win now

your best with Alex Smith is 10-6 with a first round playoff exit
your worst with Alex Smith is 6-10 and another wasted season of the 7 good prime talents left on the team, probably another offseason where more of them walk for nothing

it will probably end up being somewhere in the 8-8 range with Alex Smith

great

Well, IMO, thats not acceptable. You bring him in, better damn well make the playoffs.

Bring him in and win 6 games? **** that. We could do that with a rookie who actually has upside.

Maybe it's not right, but thats the standard.

mcaj22 02-22-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9426917)
Well, IMO, thats not acceptable. You bring him in, better damn well make the playoffs.

Bring him in and win 6 games? **** that. We could do that with a rookie who actually has upside.

which is why id rather Foles if they dont want to draft a QB for whatever their reasons are.

so its a wishlist

1. Draft a QB 1 overall
dont do that?
okay

2. trade for Foles and draft a QB in the mid-later rounds
dont do that?

poop in mouth

big gap

3. Alex Smith, Kevin Kolb, Some crap shit veteran QB that will get us nowhere.

great