ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Tapped someone's bumper 1.5 years ago... being sued for 116k (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318253)

Mephistopheles Janx 10-16-2018 07:45 PM

Tapped someone's bumper 1.5 years ago... being sued for 116k

I was among a pack of vehicles that started moving and suddenly stopped. I didn't stop in time. No damage to her vehicle and slight damage to mine.

FF 1.5 years later, I get a letter form my insurance telling me that I may be on the hook for everything over the 100k personal injury limit. I hit this person in their shitty 3k car at no more than 5-10mph and they got medical bills exceeding my ****ing surgery for a tumor in my leg.

I ****ing hate people. Especially hate scammers.

Ming the Merciless 10-16-2018 07:51 PM

Ambulance chasers are literally the most awful people alive

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-16-2018 07:51 PM

It's a bullshit money grab, and this is why good insurance companies have lawyers that will fight this for you. I got in a wreck my last year of high school and got served almost seven years later when living three states away. The woman said that the wreck had ruined her sex life, and her medical support came from a reflexologist, a quack that rubs feet for a living.

Kyle DeLexus 10-16-2018 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13823412)
It's a bullshit money grab, and this is why good insurance companies have lawyers that will fight this for you. I got in a wreck my last year of high school and got served almost seven years later when living three states away. The woman said that the wreck had ruined her sex life, and her medical support came from a reflexologist, a quack that rubs feet for a living.

You should have settled out of court for reviving her sex life. P in V FTW.

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-16-2018 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 13823419)
You should have settled out of court for reviving her sex life. P in V FTW.

She was a psychotic woman in her 50s with hair like a Troll doll.

Mephistopheles Janx 10-16-2018 07:56 PM

Do I need to hire a ****ing lawyer? GDI... I don't have the money for this shit.

Jewish Rabbi 10-16-2018 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx (Post 13823430)
Do I need to hire a ****ing lawyer? GDI... I don't have the money for this shit.

Send a PM to Mr Blonde. He’ll take care of it.

BryanBusby 10-16-2018 08:03 PM

Quote:

That's sort of the point of having ins. Tell your company to round up some lawyers.

Sassy Squatch 10-16-2018 08:05 PM

Wouldn't there be something floating around that shows how serious the "injury" was at the time of the accident? Start riding your insurances ass on it. I'm sure they won't be too eager to have to shell out 100k either and will be more than happy to help.

Mephistopheles Janx 10-16-2018 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13823451)
That's sort of the point of having ins. Tell your company to round up some lawyers.

The statement they sent me said they would hire one for me. That said, the doc they sent me seemed to suggest I get one anyway. Gotta think USAA is gonna look out for me on this though... right?

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-16-2018 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx (Post 13823461)
The statement they sent me said they would hire one for me. That said, the doc they sent me seemed to suggest I get one anyway. Gotta think USAA is gonna look out for me on this though... right?

If not, they probably need to stop spamming the **** out of the airwaves and hire more legal staff.

Frazod 10-16-2018 08:19 PM

Quote:

My advice is to let the insurance company do their thing. This seems like something they deal with frequently and can beat down rather easily.

But keep close tabs on them. And remember, the lawyers are there for the insurance company, not you. The enemy of your enemy is often not your friend.

Good luck.

BWillie 10-16-2018 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx (Post 13823395)
I was among a pack of vehicles that started moving and suddenly stopped. I didn't stop in time. No damage to her vehicle and slight damage to mine.

FF 1.5 years later, I get a letter form my insurance telling me that I may be on the hook for everything over the 100k personal injury limit. I hit this person in their shitty 3k car at no more than 5-10mph and they got medical bills exceeding my ****ing surgery for a tumor in my leg.

I ****ing hate people. Especially hate scammers.

There is almost zero chance the court will award anything more than your max liability limits in the worst case scenario. Your insurance company must believe they are full of shit for it to even have gotten this far. Also, if the other party has an attorney it looks pretty scummy if they are pursuing for more than your liability limits since it isnt much more. If their damages were 1M then that would be a diff story.

Insurance companies always get screwed though, because of this perception of big business by the masses. Hate runs rampant against not only big businesses but insurers as well when things go to court, as they are not usually viewed favorably. Conversely, if the other party is a child, female, or elderly they automatically have an advantage because -- feelings. The law shouldn't work that way - it shouldnt matter how well you are liked - or how well you relate to a jury, judge or DA - but it does. Which is one of the many reasons our judicial system is flawed.

Rasputin 10-16-2018 08:23 PM

Did they hire Brad Douchebag Pistnotnick?

WhiteWhale 10-16-2018 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13823425)
She was a psychotic woman in her 50s with hair like a Troll doll.

Sounds hot.