ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Johnson gets a game ball.. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105824)

Rausch 12-06-2004 11:42 AM

I might mess this up, but try and stay with me: don't most RB's do good against poor defenses, and poor against good defenses?

So if our RB's do poor against the Titans staunch Run defense, that wouldn't mean they were bad RB's.

jettio 12-06-2004 11:42 AM

LJ has good speed and vision. Does seem to get tripped up in traffic even if not directly hit.

I would say that he is a back that is above average, and like most NFL backs, the OC needs to take in consideration his particular skills when calling plays. Since he has big feet and is a long strider, it would be better to call plays where his first cut is by design behind the line of scrimmage.

He seems to be able to make one guy miss, but not in traffic.

David. 12-06-2004 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike
LMAO, you assume you are right? Hahahahaha. Your argument: "illegal ismeagel", ROFL you are saying if Priest got inured in the same way you'd say he did worse than LJ? ROFL

*Notice my use of the smilies, just like David, I'm soo cool.

you ackin like a lil bitch right now

Pants 12-06-2004 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David.

Prove me wrong first, and I'll stop acting like you.

the Talking Can 12-06-2004 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch
I might mess this up, but try and stay with me: don't most RB's do good against poor defenses, and poor against good defenses?

So if our RB's do poor against the Titans staunch Run defense, that wouldn't mean they were bad RB's.

hey, no one ordered logic....keep you wisdom and sanity to yourself, thank you

quit trying to ruin a sweet chick fight

nmt1 12-06-2004 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75
It appeared to me neither of them did well against San Diego ?

So your point again is ?

You really didn't watch the game did you? If you watched the game you would've seen Johnson run tough and run well. He even scored a TD on a wonderfully executed play. If you choose to only pay attention to the stats, so be it.

Ultra Peanut 12-06-2004 11:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
That's better with the animated gif.

Hey, homie, you need some help?

Logical 12-06-2004 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazzzLovr
Well, my post was just a joke about your long-running (no pun intended) distaste for LJ, which you only demonstrated in the post that followed it.

I saw your thread. I find it somewhat ironic that it was written by the same person who once replied to one of my posts with a list of our first round draft picks for the past 10 or 15 years in an effort to prove how many picks have been wasted. Face it, the higher the draft pick, the more pissed off you're gonna be when the Chiefs' pick at that position doesn't appear to make any sense.

We win, you bitch about draft order.
We lose, you bitch about our pick later.

Congratulations. You seem to have all the bases covered. You can be in a pissy mood for quite some time. :thumb:

I have said I like the following first round picks from Carl. DT, Shields, Dale Carter, Woods, Gonzo, Riley, Tait and Sims.

I have also said that Carl has wasted the Riley and Tait picks by letting them go to other teams. So based on that he has had 6 decent picks out of 16 years which is not a very good record. Had he kept Riley and Tait that would make it 8 out of 16 which would be almost adequate. Course he is only about 1 for 16 in the 2nd round which was also in that post.

David. 12-06-2004 11:47 AM

Quote:

I don't have to prove YOU wrong. You came in here saying LJ isn't as good as DB. You have to prove ME wrong. You start it, you supply evidence that's how it works.

Anyways, I don't want to take anything away from DB he's a fantastic COP back. But, IMO he can't handle a full season. Hell, he couldn't even handle one game. You can say the hit was "illegal" but there was no penalty and there will probably not be a fine. The fact is, hits like that happen all the time. Priest will take a hit like that, jump up and run for 30 yards. DB got knocked the **** out.

David. 12-06-2004 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psicosis
Hey, homie, you need some help?

yeah the search function is broken, and I'm at the library. Much obliged Ismeagel.

nmt1 12-06-2004 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad Logicslav
I have said I like the following first round picks from Carl. DT, Shields, Dale Carter, Woods, Gonzo, Riley, Tait and Sims.

I have also said that Carl has wasted the Riley and Tait picks by letting them go to other teams. So based on that he has had 6 decent picks out of 16 years which is not a very good record. Had he kept Riley and Tait that would make it 8 out of 16 which would be almost adequate. Course he is only about 1 for 16 in the 2nd round which was also in that post.

I believe Shields was a 3rd round pick actually.

Cormac 12-06-2004 11:48 AM

The big plus that Johnson has is tons of speed. He needs room to get going, but I like his vision, and if he gets a hole to run through, he has home run speed. He played a great game yesterday. Still, I'd really like to be able to keep Blaylock also. He runs so hard, and is better in traffic than LJ. We could be in good shape for a long time [beyond Priest], if we can hold on to both of them.

David. 12-06-2004 11:49 AM

great, now I'm late for class :mad:

Iowanian 12-06-2004 11:49 AM

Quote:

I think you both should go outside, stick your tongue on a lightpole and the last one off, wins.

Fairplay 12-06-2004 11:50 AM

Quote:

great, now I'm late for class :mad:

Please stay.