ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Nevada police seize house, arrest homeowners for 'tactical advantage.' (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274307)

BigMeatballDave 07-05-2013 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9793374)
I have problems believing this story BUT if it is even close to true I sincerely hope that every single cop involved dies a slow a painful death. This type of behavior is as low as child molestation on my list of disgusting things. BUT realistically we are only hearing one very slanted side of the story so I'll reserve judgement for the time being.

This is certainly very shitty, but nowhere near the level of child molestation. Not even close.

I do hope they all lose their jobs and are charged with something.

BigMeatballDave 07-05-2013 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9793340)
Well this surely means that all cops act like this!

Yep. And this case is EXACTLY like the last one about the dog...

crazycoffey 07-05-2013 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9793401)
This is certainly very shitty, but nowhere near the level of child molestation. Not even close.

I do hope they all lose their jobs and are charged with something.

This, oh and I hope clay and Brock die slow painful deaths before they dilute the gene pool.

BigMeatballDave 07-05-2013 02:56 AM

This guy is owed millions in damages, IMO.

crazycoffey 07-05-2013 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9793406)
This guy is owed millions in damages, IMO.

From the information presented in the OP, I'll agree. I stopped reading after "LAS VEGAS (CN) - Henderson police arrested a family for refusing to let officers use their homes as lookouts for a domestic violence investigation of their neighbors, the family claims in court."

Because I can't reasonably see any reason to
A) use a neighbors house for tactical advantages in a domestic violence investigation.
And B) charge a citizen for not letting me use their property for an investigation.

They're either the worlds worse police officers or there's something else going on here.

Now if there was an active shooting incident next door, not a barricaded suspect, but multiple shooters on an active killing spree, I may make you leave your house for your own safety, but it would be such an extreme circumstance, I doubt anyone here on their most cop hating day would really be upset with the actions. But that's as much speculation as I dare to make. I'm not as brave as Brock, Whawhawhaaaaaa or wendler.

CrazyPhuD 07-05-2013 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9793358)
I have no idea why so many cops are dickheads...

I think it really comes down to two things. You're dealing with the shit of society on a constant basis. Spend enough time dealing with the worst and everyone is going to forget that not everyone is like the scumbags. Secondly the old rule applies, power corrupts no matter how good you start out being.

http://mekms.files.wordpress.com/201...authoritah.jpg

BigMeatballDave 07-05-2013 03:28 AM

I'm seriously questioning the veracity of this story.

Cannot find a credible link. Nothing about it on local TV sites.

crazycoffey 07-05-2013 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 9793410)
I think it really comes down to two things. You're dealing with the shit of society on a constant basis. Spend enough time dealing with the worst and everyone is going to forget that not everyone is like the scumbags. Secondly the old rule applies, power corrupts no matter how good you start out being.

http://mekms.files.wordpress.com/201...authoritah.jpg

I think what you posted has some truth, like in the instance of Carlotta's friend. But I don't believe the majority of cops have become corrupt, that implies a lot of power, that's just not there. I know there are dumbass cops, have worked with many, but they've always been in the minority.

I'm more worried about our politicians, judges and even lawyers, when it comes to corrupted powers and an eroding moral compass.

mdchiefsfan 07-05-2013 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 9793409)
From the information presented in the OP, I'll agree. I stopped reading after "LAS VEGAS (CN) - Henderson police arrested a family for refusing to let officers use their homes as lookouts for a domestic violence investigation of their neighbors, the family claims in court."

Because I can't reasonably see any reason to
A) use a neighbors house for tactical advantages in a domestic violence investigation.
And B) charge a citizen for not letting me use their property for an investigation.

They're either the worlds worse police officers or there's something else going on here.

Now if there was an active shooting incident next door, not a barricaded suspect, but multiple shooters on an active killing spree, I may make you leave your house for your own safety, but it would be such an extreme circumstance, I doubt anyone here on their most cop hating day would really be upset with the actions. But that's as much speculation as I dare to make. I'm not as brave as Brock, Whawhawhaaaaaa or wendler.

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/pho...-2560-1575.jpg

crazycoffey 07-05-2013 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9793412)
I'm seriously questioning the veracity of this story.

Cannot find a credible link. Nothing about it on local TV sites.

I admire that you are looking, researching. Probably the first to do so. I bet the OP didnt try any such counter balance before posting this.

crazycoffey 07-05-2013 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9793414)

Hey, worlds worse police officers would be fitting if the first paragraph of the OP is true. But to be fair, worlds worst posters will make a judgement based on one thread posting on Chiefsplanet.

BigMeatballDave 07-05-2013 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 9793415)
I admire that you are looking, researching. Probably the first to do so. I bet the OP didnt try any such counter balance before posting this.

I'm a reasonable guy with above average intelligence, I think.

There are good cops and bad cops.

big nasty kcnut 07-05-2013 04:45 AM

The cops are wrong on this one. They can not force their way into a home without a warrant and also this violate the law about giving quarters to police or troops unwillingly.

big nasty kcnut 07-05-2013 04:48 AM

For the record i'm all for helping the police out as long as they give me comps. for using my house for a sting. If they don't i won't let them into my house and to call my lawyer.

Chief Roundup 07-05-2013 06:25 AM

So the cops also tried to get into his parents home on the same street?