ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Chip Kelly stays at Oregon (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268573)

Mother****erJones 01-07-2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9291157)
Isn't Oregon gonna be punished for recruiting violations or something?

If I were him I'd be pulling a Pete Carroll right about now.

Ya I saw something on that im not sure though. He's not pete carroll coach wise though IMO. No NFL experience. Pete was a HC for NYJ and NE and was successful. If I were Kelly I wouldve went to CLE, if you fail oh well just another fail in CLE, if you win youre a GOD

slimdagreat 01-07-2013 07:37 AM

I think he knows that next year might be his best shot at a title and none of the open nfl jobs interested him.

CoMoChief 01-07-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9291159)
Ya I saw something on that im not sure though. He's not pete carroll coach wise though IMO. No NFL experience. Pete was a HC for NYJ and NE and was successful. If I were Kelly I wouldve went to CLE, if you fail oh well just another fail in CLE, if you win youre a GOD

i know he doesn't have NFL exp, I'm just saying in terms of leaving the NCAA before your stuck at a program that's about to go through hell, cause thats exactly what Carroll did..and his buddies that have USC ties up in Seattle lured him there.

Pushead2 01-07-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9291159)

I agree - I think he could have had descent success in Cleveland.

mikey23545 01-07-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9290777)
The reporting on coaching rumor mills has just been atrocious this offseason.

Close to a deal with Browns, close with Eagles, then staying.
Reid 95% done to AZ, oops, KC.
The Buffalo job was Whisenhunt's. Oops.

Twitter never lies, dammit.

htismaqe 01-07-2013 08:59 AM

Hopefully this wakes people up.

He had SEVERAL detailed conversations with the Browns, talked to the Eagles, and then decided to go back to Oregon.

:hmmm:

BIG_DADDY 01-07-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushead2 (Post 9291121)
"In staying with Oregon, Kelly will still have to deal with fallout from an NCAA investigation into the school's use of recruiting services.

The inquiry is the result of reports that surfaced in 2011 concerning payments Oregon made to two such services, including a $25,000 check sent to Willie Lyles and Houston-based Complete Scouting Services in 2010. Lyles had a relationship with a player who committed to Oregon.

Last month, Yahoo Sports reported that Oregon is headed toward a hearing with the NCAA committee on infractions because the two sides couldn't come to an agreement on appropriate sanctions. Yahoo cited two unidentified sources.

Earlier this year, Oregon requested a summary disposition in the case. The school presented a report to the infractions committee outlining violations the school believed occurred and appropriate sanctions. But that request was apparently turned down.

The NCAA does not comment on ongoing investigations."

The NCAA is a hypocritical POS.

BigMeatballDave 01-07-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slimdagreat (Post 9291161)
I think he knows that next year might be his best shot at a title and none of the open nfl jobs interested him.

Can't get a title if they are sanctioned.

TEX 01-07-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9291364)
Can't get a title if they are sanctioned.

Yep, and they likely are. That's why I'm very surprised he didn't pull a Pete Carroll.

HemiEd 01-07-2013 09:35 AM

I hope he rots and misses his chance at Oregon. The dirty play of his team in the Fiesta bowl made me hate him.

mikeyis4dcats. 01-07-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9291400)
Yep, and they likely are. That's why I'm very surprised he didn't pull a Pete Carroll.

Uncle Phil backed up the Brinks truck...

Mr. Laz 01-07-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9290838)
I dont think Kelly is jerking off teams. Thats a big decision. He's playing the game with the agent. Gota respect he's going back to Oregon

why?

htismaqe 01-07-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9291400)

Somebody wanted Pete Carroll - he was a former NFL head coach.

It's pretty obvious what happened with Chip Kelly.

Ultra Peanut 01-07-2013 04:41 PM

Color me wholly unsurprised.

saphojunkie 01-07-2013 05:30 PM

Man oh man. With Kelly staying at Oregon (and frankly, I don't see any reason for Brian Kelly to leave ND - you're a GOD there after this season), and Cowher/Gruden staying behind the mike, it's a true pleasure watching San Diego, Arizona, and the rest battle for the coaching scraps.

Meanwhile, we're going to get first shot at all the best coordinators, too.