ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Pinched nerve... any suggestions? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271531)

pr_capone 03-28-2013 12:29 AM

Pinched nerve... any suggestions?

With this pinched nerve in my neck... it feels like I am getting kicked square in the nuts every time I sneeze or cough. I can't turn my head it hurts so much.

Aside from going to the doctor (which won't happen unless this gets worse) any suggestions on how to hasten my recovery? I get stingers all the time but those go away after a few minutes... this has been going on all day.

Ming the Merciless 03-28-2013 12:30 AM

Bath with Epsom salts.

Dayze 03-28-2013 12:34 AM

Dang man. I've had me before and just had to bear it. Somehow went away after a bit. Lots of ibuprofen and stretching. Mine was in my upper shoulder

Bump 03-28-2013 12:36 AM

rub some tussin on it

Psyko Tek 03-28-2013 12:37 AM

drinking heavily, but that is my advice for everything

Gravedigger 03-28-2013 12:54 AM

Ibuprofen or Naproxen, two tablets will give you 5ish hours of relief. Hot shower, followed immediately by an icepack to the inflamed area, then if you have access to a heat pad use that when you sleep. After a back injury I suffered after Dead Lifts I just wish I would've started that regiment as soon after as possible. Also if you have access to a pool and/or hot tub just relax in the jets and swim to do some low impact stretching of your arms and exercise. After I injured my back I kept my gym membership just for the pool and hot tub. You take some Ibuprofen then swim hot tub swim hot tub, feels like heaven.

Phobia 03-28-2013 12:55 AM

Probably stress related. You know, living on the edge where you'll explode over the tiniest innocent thing from somebody... Treat the cause, not the symptom.

Gonzo 03-28-2013 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 9534851)
Ibuprofen or Naproxen, two tablets will give you 5ish hours of relief. Hot shower, followed immediately by an icepack to the inflamed area, then if you have access to a heat pad use that when you sleep. After a back injury I suffered after Dead Lifts I just wish I would've started that regiment as soon after as possible. Also if you have access to a pool and/or hot tub just relax in the jets and swim to do some low impact stretching of your arms and exercise. After I injured my back I kept my gym membership just for the pool and hot tub. You take some Ibuprofen then swim hot tub swim hot tub, feels like heaven.

This will help, (unless you have kidney or liver problems).

Last time I went through this, I took a hot ass shower, called my local massage plac, asked for the strongest, cubbiest masseur they had. Someone that can put some force into your back.

I got her too. She's my go to girl when I'm in serious pain. Lump does what she can but she's too tiny to get much force into it.

pr_capone 03-28-2013 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9534852)
Probably stress related. You know, living on the edge where you'll explode over the tiniest innocent thing from somebody... Treat the cause, not the symptom.

LOL... go fist yourself.

pr_capone 03-28-2013 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 9534851)

Just popped some ibuprofen and gonna jump into a hot shower. Hopefully this loosens up a bit. I don't have a pool or hot tub, otherwise that is a fantastic idea.

Phobia 03-28-2013 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9534858)
LOL... go fist yourself.

Thanks but I'm not experiencing any troubles ATM. Maybe some hypertension meds would help. I'm no doc but you seem a little tense. Have you tried sex with a female in the past 4 or 5 years?

pr_capone 03-28-2013 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9534866)
Thanks but I'm not experiencing any troubles ATM. Maybe some hypertension meds would help. I'm no doc but you seem a little tense. Have you tried sex with a female?

You and I haven't had an interaction, positive or negative, since 11/18 and out of the blue you feel like stirring shit up? I'm starting to think you "just can't quit me".

I rather enjoyed our level of communication these past 4/5 months. If it is all the same to you, I would like to keep our relationship where it has been.

Phobia 03-28-2013 01:16 AM

I post some fairly innocuous shit and you go straight to "go fist yourself" and then some other silly "just can't quit me" garbage? That's precisely my point. Sex with a female or narcotics. There are no other worthy alternatives - especially when your idea of a hot, relaxing shower is 4 minutes.

pr_capone 03-28-2013 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9534871)
I post some fairly innocuous shit and you go straight to "go fist yourself" and then some other silly "just can't quit me" garbage? That's precisely my point. Sex with a female or narcotics. There are no other worthy alternatives - especially when your idea of a hot, relaxing shower is 4 minutes.

I rather enjoyed our level of communication these past 4/5 months. If it is all the same to you, I would like to keep our relationship where it has been.

Phobia 03-28-2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9534873)

Clearly. What with your "go fist yourself" comment as the first response, who would think otherwise?