ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Have you ever been hit by a vehicle? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=165785)

Redrum_69 07-12-2007 10:03 AM

Have you ever been hit by a vehicle?

Were you walking, running, not paying attention, etc?

How fast was the vehicle going?

JBucc 07-12-2007 10:06 AM

When I was about 7 or 8 I was riding my bike and a car was coming at me and I stupidly decided to cut in front of it and it clipped my back wheel. They weren't going very fast and they were thankfully braking, but it still sent me spinnig of my bike. Luckily I landed on some grass and only got some scrapes.

crazycoffey 07-12-2007 10:08 AM

yes, and I almost shot the driver.

Frazod 07-12-2007 10:09 AM

I got run over by your mom, but I was driving. :)

Baby Lee 07-12-2007 10:11 AM

Came uncomfortably close to running over a bicyclist on Monday evening.
I'd just turned off the main drag onto a neighborhood street.
The first intersection in the neighborhood I come to I have the right of way straight through. The cross street is coming to the end of a big hill, with the stop sign at the bottom.
[Oh, for reasons that'll be clear in a moment, there's a 'Jack in the Box' at the top of the hill]
Anyway as I'm about to cross in the intersection I see a flash of yellow coming down the hill. I slam on the brakes and come to an immediate stop as I was only going about 15 mph.
I am then treated to the aerial ballet of this dude doing about 30mph on a yellow mountain bike, through the stop sign, with a bag full of burgers in one hand and a 32oz soda in the other, try to stop before I 'run him over.' He ends up flipping the bike about 10 feet in front of me [still stationary], with the soda and burgers flying another 10 feet on past.

tooge 07-12-2007 10:16 AM

Did I ever. I got chased down by a drunk driver that later said he was having flashbacks from Vietnam. He actually ran me over. Front tire went over my left shoulder and totally destroyed it, and back tire went over the middle of my lower back, fortunately no lingering problems there. No, I wasn't wearing one of those rice paddy hats. No, I am not asian. This dude just flipped and came pretty close to killing my ass. That was in 1990. Three shoulder surgeries and a bunch of bolily scars later, I am fine. If I ever see that Mfer again, I will nicely invite him in the nearest bar for a beer. Then take him to the bathroom and go midieval on his ass. But am I bitter, no, not really.

DenverChief 07-12-2007 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey
yes, and I almost shot the driver.

LMAO...its really not funny but if you don't know the context.....

Braincase 07-12-2007 10:20 AM

By a van, while riding a bike. He looked left for oncoming traffic to turn right, didn't see me coming from the right.

tooge 07-12-2007 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee
Came uncomfortably close to running over a bicyclist on Monday evening.
I'd just turned off the main drag onto a neighborhood street.
The first intersection in the neighborhood I come to I have the right of way straight through. The cross street is coming to the end of a big hill, with the stop sign at the bottom.
[Oh, for reasons that'll be clear in a moment, there's a 'Jack in the Box' at the top of the hill]
Anyway as I'm about to cross in the intersection I see a flash of yellow coming down the hill. I slam on the brakes and come to an immediate stop as I was only going about 15 mph.
I am then treated to the aerial ballet of this dude doing about 30mph on a yellow mountain bike, through the stop sign, with a bag full of burgers in one hand and a 32oz soda in the other, try to stop before I 'run him over.' He ends up flipping the bike about 10 feet in front of me [still stationary], with the soda and burgers flying another 10 feet on past.

I am not a cruel person, but it had to be hard not to laugh your ass off when you saw this. I hope he was OK, although he was probably a bit embarassed.

burt 07-12-2007 10:23 AM

yes. I was walking through a parking lot.....it was intentional....rolled me under a parked car....not much damage, but today at 46 I would be sore for 2 months...no other details.....it was ugly.

Oh, I married her btw.

Skip Towne 07-12-2007 10:23 AM

Kevin Ross got hit by cars three times.

BucEyedPea 07-12-2007 10:23 AM

Have you ever been hit by a vehicle?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redrum_69
Were you walking, running, not paying attention, etc?

How fast was the vehicle going?

Yes. By my tricycle.
It rolled down the driveway and bumped me on my leg.
But I just continued playing, despite the tire marks on me.
I was one tough, mother........!!!!

chagrin 07-12-2007 10:25 AM

Yes, I was riding my bike and pulled into the street (I was 9) he was going fast, about 45, broke my hand because the car sandwiched my hand between it and my handlebars

Fat Elvis 07-12-2007 10:25 AM

I was hit by a car the night of the Aggieville riots in '84; I was drunk enough I just bounced off the car (plus it wasn't going very fast).

In '92 I was hit while I was on my motorcycle when a car ran a red light. I came out of that with some scrapes and bruises but nothing too bad; I knew earlier in that day that I was going to have an accident on my motorcycle. I was (and am) really thankful that is what it was and not me going down the highway 75 per with no helmet on.

Baby Lee 07-12-2007 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge
I am not a cruel person, but it had to be hard not to laugh your ass off when you saw this. I hope he was OK, although he was probably a bit embarassed.

Yeah, I should point out that I asked him repeatedly if he was OK. he didn't respond but it was because, it appeared, that he was despondent about his spilled dinner. Was picking up his burgers and staring a hole in the ground at his soda when I left.