ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Even despite the fact the Chiefs have Tamba Hali.......... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=177876)

RedThat 01-02-2008 01:05 AM

Even despite the fact the Chiefs have Tamba Hali..........

would you be upset if they drafted Chris Long?

If he's available that is?

Direckshun 01-02-2008 01:09 AM

Not really, because there's only a handful of guys out there worth the Top 5er, and Long's one of them.

You can always shop Hali out there for a 2nd, or hell, if Carl loses his stare down with Allen, Long could be a perfect substitution.

Eleazar 01-02-2008 01:10 AM

Carl drafts a player for negotiation leverage just like he did with Larry Johnson? :Poke:

CoMoChief 01-02-2008 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun
Not really, because there's only a handful of guys out there worth the Top 5er, and Long's one of them.

You can always shop Hali out there for a 2nd, or hell, if Carl loses his stare down with Allen, Long could be a perfect substitution.

If we dont sign Jared Allen it will be the biggest mistake this franchise has ever made.

cdcox 01-02-2008 01:12 AM

I'm fine with Chris Long.

Archie Bunker 01-02-2008 01:16 AM

I'm fine with it in fact I'd be happy with just about any of the names being tossed around. The Chiefs would have to try real hard to screw this up.

Pablo 01-02-2008 01:16 AM

If we sign Chris Long it's gonna be a pretty big money contract. That would say to me JA is on his way out, Tamba isn't costing us too much, but JA definately will. Are we really going to keep JA and Chris Long around with bulky contracts, and a very servicable DE in Tamba? Probably not.

I'd rather get an OT or a DT than send JA packing.

Ugly Duck 01-02-2008 01:21 AM

I'd be upset if KC picks Chris Long. He is one helluva player & it would make Howie, Al Davis & all RaiderFanz sick to see him in Ketchup & Mustard.

Phobia 01-02-2008 01:25 AM

I'd take him for sure. Convert Tamba to long snapper or something. The Chiefs haven't stopped trying to capture a safety from a punter since the whole Cherry thing.

Chiefmanwillcatch 01-02-2008 01:41 AM

Everyone thinks he's a player but is he a need?

RedThat 01-02-2008 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefmanwillgetyou

well he could be the BPA when we pick?

Need or no need, don't matter he is the kind of guy that take this defense to another level. Imagine Long and Allen? That'd be sick!

I honestly was not all that impressed with Hali this year. Just because the Chiefs have Hali doesn't mean they shouldn't upgrade at that position? Long is the kinda guy that could add explosiveness to this line. Just an awesome all round prospect, definately a football player.

DaWolf 01-02-2008 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefmanwillgetyou

We were 4-12, every position is a need outside of TE, and we need a proper backup for Gonzo...

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-02-2008 01:59 AM

Teams who draft based on need are the teams who perenially miss the playoffs.

Valiant 01-02-2008 02:02 AM

Does Long play on Tamba's side??? Cause he can take the other side draft him and put him JA old spot; and have JA move back to OLB'falcon' and have him choose which side to go after the QB from..

I think JA is fast enough to be able to pull that off...

Ugly Duck 01-02-2008 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant
Does Long play on Tamba's side??? Cause he can take the other side draft him and put him JA old spot; and have JA move back to OLB'falcon' and have him choose which side to go after the QB from..

I think JA is fast enough to be able to pull that off...

I believe that you can move Long around - he's a natural instinct