ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Prayer Request Chiefs fans lost a kindred spirit Saturday (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270145)

luv 02-18-2013 08:25 AM

Chiefs fans lost a kindred spirit Saturday

I had a good friend pass away Saturday. He had been running a fever of 103 that he couldn't get to break, so he went to the doctor. He was also severely dehydrated, so his doctor's office actually called an ambulance to come get him, and he was admitted last Wednesday. They hooked him up to a ventilator, and I guess he aspirated, and it ended up contaminating his blood. He also had some liver damage (heavy partying in his college days and early twenties), so his body was just unable to fight the infection. He passed away Saturday afternoon.

He always had something good to say about people, and you could never be around him without smiling. He was an avid Chiefs fan. He was born in Lawrence, so he was also a huge KU fan. He had just turned 38 last month.

I ask for prayers for his family. He left behind a 16 year old autistic son whose mother hasn't been in the picture for at least 12 years. RIP buddy.

spanky 52 02-18-2013 08:26 AM

Sorry for your loss luv.

Dayze 02-18-2013 08:28 AM

shit man. sorry to hear.

RIP.

IA_Chiefs_fan 02-18-2013 08:29 AM

So sorry. If there's any kind of fund for the son I'd be willing to pitch in a few dollars.

ImAWalkingCorpse 02-18-2013 08:32 AM

Damn.. that is young, must have been some serious partying in his younger years.

rocks 02-18-2013 08:35 AM

Sorry for your loss. That totally sucks. Will be praying for his son.

bevischief 02-18-2013 08:37 AM

Sorry for your loss. That totally sucks.

luv 02-18-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan (Post 9412037)
So sorry. If there's any kind of fund for the son I'd be willing to pitch in a few dollars.

I doubt there will be. He had a lot of friends, but really lived on humble means. His son will likely go with his aunt and uncle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImAWalkingCorpse (Post 9412040)
Damn.. that is young, must have been some serious partying in his younger years.

My best friend had something very similar happen to him when he was 18. He was young and in great shape, so he survived. From the sound of it, it wouldn't have taken too much liver damage, or anything else really, for him to not be able to fight it. But, yes, I don't think he remembered much from those days. While he still drank, it was never really ever to excess. He got his son when he 3 or 4 years old, so that really straightened him up.

Rasputin 02-18-2013 08:50 AM

Prayers sent for you Luv and the family and especially the boy. Glad you shared this you don't have to be alone with your feelings.

Lzen 02-18-2013 08:50 AM

Sad to hear. Prayers for you and your friend's family.

On a related note, I just found out Saturday that an old friend and the original drummer of my old band died. He was only 37. Complications from the flu and his severe diabetes. :( He left behind a 10 year old son.

Rasputin 02-18-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9412054)

On a related note, I just found out Saturday that an old friend and the original drummer of my old band died. He was only 37. Complications from the flu and his severe diabetes. :( He left behind a 10 year old son.

Prayers sent for you and his family too. Dang sorry to hear this.

ImAWalkingCorpse 02-18-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9412045)
I doubt there will be. He had a lot of friends, but really lived on humble means. His son will likely go with his aunt and uncle.

My best friend had something very similar happen to him when he was 18. He was young and in great shape, so he survived. From the sound of it, it wouldn't have taken too much liver damage, or anything else really, for him to not be able to fight it. But, yes, I don't think he remembered much from those days. While he still drank, it was never really ever to excess. He got his son when he 3 or 4 years old, so that really straightened him up.

Certainly am sorry to hear of your loss.

tredadda 02-18-2013 08:58 AM

Damn, sorry for all the loss on this thread and at young ages. That really sucks.

58-4ever 02-18-2013 09:07 AM

Way too young. Things like this definitely make you think about your little ones.

luv 02-18-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9412054)

It was a really eerie day Saturday. I saw your post on Facebook, I believe Flopnuts posted something about his aunt, and there was a local news videographer (sp?). Just a lot of death on Facebook that afternoon.

It's still kind of hitting me this morning. I went to his Facebook page and have been reading through comments people have been leaving. I really shouldn't do that at work, so I'm going to wait until I get home and read some more. We are not old enough to know this many people our age dying.