ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs From PFW.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268837)

DTLB58 01-13-2013 11:45 AM

From PFW....

• The early rumblings out of Kansas City are that Andy Reid will make the offensive line a priority this offseason, which likely means that OLT Branden Albert could be receiving a strong offer or that he could be franchised to protect the Chiefs from losing him. It's unlikely that WR Dwayne Bowe would be tagged a second straight year, but he could return if the price is right. Reid likes offense and knows he needs receivers to thrive.

Anybody else see the benefit of cutting Albert and spending the #1 overall pick on another LT? Not me. So if these guys are right, this is good news. Hope we keep him and move forward to other positions.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 01-13-2013 11:52 AM

Albert's contract up, Lilja's retirement and the center is more or less unproven. Of course it's a priority

L.A. Chieffan 01-13-2013 11:53 AM

Move Albert to guard, joekel come on down. Sickest ol ever

Mr. Flopnuts 01-13-2013 11:54 AM

Cutting a franchise LT, and drafting a different one with the first pick in the draft would be the DUMBEST ****ing thing a franchise could do. What a ****ing waste of a pick that would be. Think about that. We gain NOTHING from having the 1st pick in the draft by doing that. We're not in cap trouble, there's no ****ing way they do that. If they do, it's Pioli part 2. I swear to God.

Hammock Parties 01-13-2013 11:54 AM

Reid basically got fired because the line in Philly was so bad.

No way he lets Albert escape.

milkman 01-13-2013 11:54 AM

Wow!

That's some real insightful shit.

I don't pretend to have any insider info, and I could have come up with that.

Rasputin 01-13-2013 11:55 AM

Andy Reid has mentioned that we have good tallent on this roster and that we need to build from that. I think Albert will be on the list to keep.

Bowser 01-13-2013 11:56 AM

For as bad as our O-Line could be if Albert left, our QB situation is that much worse. No way do we either let Albert walk or not pick a QB at #1, guaranteed.

Coogs 01-13-2013 11:56 AM

Albert, Allen, Hudson, Asamoah, Winston.

Get Albert back in the fold, and our O-line is just fine. And pretty young too.

L.A. Chieffan 01-13-2013 11:58 AM

Imagine if we were able to trade back a little and pick up joekel and Barrett Jones in the first! JIMP

chiefzilla1501 01-13-2013 11:58 AM

I dunno... one thing about Reid is, he's had some really talented o-lines. But his scheme isn't very o-line friendly and he's never really had a good performing o-line in Philly. So I'm iffy about this. Almost feel like we're spending a lot of money to fill positions that are probably going to underachieve.

The Bad Guy 01-13-2013 11:59 AM

Andy Reid loves Albert. Loved him during the draft process.

I'd be shocked if he went anywhere. Both the Packers guy and the Eagles guy knows how important a line is.

CoMoChief 01-13-2013 12:02 PM

I don't think anyone would be able to stop our running game if....

LT Joeckel
LG Albert (Franchise)
OC Hudson
RG Asamoah
RT Winston

Make a play for WR Greg Jennings

Re-sign Bowe ONLY if it's the right price. If not **** him, let him go drop balls somewhere else.

milkman 01-13-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9313201)

LT Joeckel
LG Albert
OC Hudson
RG Asamoah
RT Winston

Moron.

Priest31kc 01-13-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9313171)
Move Albert to guard, joekel come on down. Sickest ol ever

Quote:

LT Joeckel
LG Albert (Franchise)
OC Hudson
RG Asamoah
RT Winston

Re-sign Bowe ONLY if it's the right price. If not **** him, let him go drop balls somewhere else.

You ****ers do realize Albert was one of the best LTs in football before he went down this year right?

WHY THE **** WOULD YOU MOVE HIM TO ****ING GUARD!?

So much stupidity around here lately.

Az_Chiefsfan 01-13-2013 12:06 PM

Brandon Albert is a top 5 LT in the NFL. Why this idea to move him to guard has lingered is beyond me.

MMXcalibur 01-13-2013 12:07 PM

Can Joeckel play QB? If not, everyone and their mothers need to STFU

milkman 01-13-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 9313214)
You ****ers do realize Albert was one of the best LTs in football before he went down this year right?

WHY THE **** WOULD YOU MOVE HIM TO ****ING GUARD!?

So much stupidity around here lately.

LAChieffan is just trolling, and Como is just a ****ing idiot.

ROYC75 01-13-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9313173)
Cutting a franchise LT, and drafting a different one with the first pick in the draft would be the DUMBEST ****ing thing a franchise could do. What a ****ing waste of a pick that would be. Think about that. We gain NOTHING from having the 1st pick in the draft by doing that. We're not in cap trouble, there's no ****ing way they do that. If they do, it's ***** part 2. I swear to God.

:clap: This all day, everyday forever ! :clap:

siberian khatru 01-13-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9313147)
• The early rumblings out of Kansas City are that Andy Reid will make the offensive line a priority this offseason

That smells to me like media chatter, not any info from inside the organization.

I get so sick and tired of the media re-reporting other media speculation.

saphojunkie 01-13-2013 12:14 PM

It just makes no damn sense to let a good player like Albert walk only to replace him with a top pick. Same story goes for Bowe.

That is how bad teams get worse - letting the good players they already have get away. The point of building through the draft is to actually build. You can't add a second story if you're constantly redoing your foundation.

We need to use free agency to get better this year - not worse. Resign Albert, Bowe, and Colquitt, sign Jairus Byrd, a MLB (Anthony Spencer already knows the Ryan 3-4, if that's what we run). There are also multiple CB free agents, though drafting one in the second round might be the thing to do.

If we DO let Albert go, it better be because we are signing Clady or Jake Long.

tredadda 01-13-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

LT Joeckel
LG Albert (Franchise)
OC Hudson
RG Asamoah
RT Winston

No one could stop our run game this year as is for the most part. Adding Jennings and keeping Bowe would be huge, but one problem with your scenario............................who in the heck is gonna throw them the ball? We have the #1 pick for a reason and it is not because of the play of Albert.

DTLB58 01-13-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9313228)
That smells to me like media chatter, not any info from inside the organization.

I get so sick and tired of the media re-reporting other media speculation.

Good thing it was free then uh? :p

Coogs 01-13-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9313251)
No one could stop our run game this year as is for the most part. Adding Jennings and keeping Bowe would be huge, but one problem with your scenario............................who in the heck is gonna throw them the ball? We have the #1 pick for a reason and it is not because of the play of Albert.

Yep. And even with Stephenson in the game, we still were able to run fairly well. O-line is not a huge need. Just resign Albert.

Then get a QB who can keep the defense playing honest.

Chiefs Pantalones 01-13-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9313196)
Andy Reid loves Albert. Loved him during the draft process.

I'd be shocked if he went anywhere. Both the Packers guy and the Eagles guy knows how important a line is.

What about Bowe? I know we could and should draft a WR in the draft but our new QB is gonna need a vet.

siberian khatru 01-13-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9313261)
Good thing it was free then uh? :p

I wasn't criticizing the posting of it. :)

BigMeatballDave 01-13-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

LT Joeckel
LG Albert (Franchise)
OC Hudson
RG Asamoah
RT Winston

Trollolol

CoMoChief 01-13-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9313251)

draft a QB in the 2nd rd.

DJ's left nut 01-13-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Az_Chiefsfan (Post 9313215)
Brandon Albert is a top 5 LT in the NFL. Why this idea to move him to guard has lingered is beyond me.

Brandon Albert was a top 10 LT in the NFL (top 5 is overstating it, IMO).

However, we do have to deal with the very real concern that his back may/may not be a lingering problem. More O-linemen have been felled by back issues than any other injury. These are huge men that are putting a lot of strain on those disks and once the back starts to go, it tends to get worse quickly.

Geno Smith is absolutely still your guy, but be careful with deciding we have LT locked up for the next 5-6 years.

Albert's probably a guy you should tag and not extend long-term, to be honest. We need to see if he can come back next season and put those back issues behind him.

Bowe, OTOH, is durable as hell and has already played under the tag once. He should get the long-term deal and Albert should get the tag.

milkman 01-13-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9313324)

Moron.

O.city 01-13-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9313336)

However, we do have to deal with the very real concern that his back may/may not be a lingering problem. More O-linemen have been felled by back issues than any other injury. These are huge men that are putting a lot of strain on those disks and once the back starts to go, it tends to get worse quickly.

Geno Smith is absolutely still your guy, but be careful with deciding we have LT locked up for the next 5-6 years.

Albert's probably a guy you should tag and not extend long-term, to be honest. We need to see if he can come back next season and put those back issues behind him.

Bowe, OTOH, is durable as hell and has already played under the tag once. He should get the long-term deal and Albert should get the tag.

This makes too much sense.

And it's nice to think we actually have guys in place now who will probably do this.

L.A. Chieffan 01-13-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9313324)

Local boy, Klein. Starting for his home town team. Woo getting chills just thinking about it!

Sully 01-13-2013 12:39 PM

When will this shit end?
A) even if our OL wasn't well above average, you DON'T NEED a great OL to win in this league!!!
B) you DO NEED a quality QB to win in this league!!!
C) so you morons are suggesting we take the 3rd or 4th best QB in the draft for two (dumbass) reasons; no QB this year is Andrew Luck, and we should replace a player we already have at a position of strength because of that.

Guys, I like the pre-2000s type of football as much as the next guy. But that's not the NFL anymore!

Rausch 01-13-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Anybody else see the benefit of cutting Albert and spending the #1 overall pick on another LT? Not me. So if these guys are right, this is good news. Hope we keep him and move forward to other positions.

We have the money to keep Albert and Bowe...

dannybcaitlyn 01-13-2013 01:00 PM

In Reids eyes, our offensive line should look all pro compared to the one he just left!

Rausch 01-13-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn (Post 9313491)
In Reids eyes, our offensive line should look all pro compared to the one he just left!

This.

I think he's squatting.

I don't think he has any intention of picking at 1...

DJ's left nut 01-13-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9313346)
This makes too much sense.

And it's nice to think we actually have guys in place now who will probably do this.

There is no doubt in my mind that you could have come up with 9 of the most knowledgeable posters on this board and submit every personnel decision to a majority vote over the last 4 years and have ended up with a significantly better roster for your efforts.

They'd have to elect an officer to act as a trigger man (because in the end, someone has to be the guy that executes the plan) and perhaps put together a sub-committee of posters for nomination purposes on FA and Draft picks, but it would've been a far better collection of talent that way.

Fortunately I don't it's necessary with Dorsey because this structure kinda looks that way already (just without drawing from CP as it's talent base).

It's football - it doesn't take a !@#$ing rocket surgeon or anything.

The Franchise 01-13-2013 01:06 PM

The franchise tag for an OT is going to be over $10 million......just an FYI.

DJ's left nut 01-13-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9313528)

True, but to get that number down you'll have to sign him long-term and give him a hell of a signing bonus. If his back has gone south, we'll take a much bigger hit than the $10 mil in a couple of years when we have to eat the bonus when we cut him.

And we have a nice roll-over this season without a really premier FA crop - so why not eat up some of that cap space by protecting ourselves with the Franchise tag instead of giving the big signing bonus and potentially really hurting ourself if he can't come back from the back problem.

Finally - the tag figure for WRs is almost exactly the same (and may go up even more with the CJ and Fitz extensions coming on their big mony years). If you're going to use the tag at all, it really should be on Albert.

Prison Bitch 01-13-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9313196)
Both the Packers guy and the Eagles guy knows how important a line is.

Who doesn't? Is there someone out there who doesn't know this?

Rausch 01-13-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9313528)

If paid and no deal is negotiated...

Mr. Flopnuts 01-13-2013 01:19 PM

I would get Bowe signed and franchise Albert. Pay the money for a year and see if he's good to go. That would be my play.

Rausch 01-13-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9313626)
I would get Bowe signed and franchise Albert. Pay the money for a year and see if he's good to go. That would be my play.

This.

Then lay pick 1 out there like some college tiddys at a frat party...

DJ's left nut 01-13-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9313626)

The only downside to it is that you now anchor Albert at 'franchise' money if you want to sign him long-term in 2014.

The high-risk method would be to try to sign him long-term right now at an 'injury' discount and before a decent coaching staff comes in here and makes him look better.

If he's healthy, you'll look like a genius. If he's not...well it's not going to get you fired but it's not going to do you any favors.

I just don't think the Chiefs can afford to take the chance with a back issue on an O-lineman. I'd tag and follow.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-13-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9313636)
The only downside to it is that you now anchor Albert at 'franchise' money if you want to sign him long-term in 2014.

The high-risk method would be to try to sign him long-term right now at an 'injury' discount and before a decent coaching staff comes in here and makes him look better.

If he's healthy, you'll look like a genius. If he's not...well it's not going to get you fired but it's not going to do you any favors.

I just don't think the Chiefs can afford to take the chance with a back issue on an O-lineman. I'd tag and follow.

If you can get it, then I agree. But it needs to be a good discount, because that back is a serious risk.

CaliforniaChief 01-13-2013 01:32 PM

To say that you don't need a good O-line is simply untrue. However, you can use picks in rounds 3-5 to acquire depth and size on the line. I would use a first round pick if I had NOBODY or if my LT was retiring or 35 years old.

Albert's just fine. Tag him/sign him and he does great at LT.

Rounds 1-2 are for playmakers, IMO. QB, pass rushers, CB, WR.

scho63 01-13-2013 01:33 PM

I would work on signing both Albert and Bowe. If you get one done quickly, you can always use the franchise tag on the other as a last resort.

I would expect it to be easier to sign players based on what Clark just did to bring us a winner.

007 01-13-2013 01:36 PM

Get Albert signed. **** this franchise tag talk for him. If we have to tag someone, I would rather it be Bowe again.

O.city 01-13-2013 01:40 PM

Albert has back injury concerns, it makes to much sense to just tag him and see how that goes.

Sign Bowe, tag Albert, lets do this shit.

ct 01-13-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

this

Frankie 01-13-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Very smart post.

Hammock Parties 01-13-2013 01:57 PM

I don't think Albert's injury last year was that serious.

I think his agent told him to sit out, because it really showed how much the Chiefs miss him when he isn't in the lineup.

mcaj22 01-13-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9313769)
I don't think Albert's injury last year was that serious.

I think his agent told him to sit out, because it really showed how much the Chiefs miss him when he isn't in the lineup.

the ole Peyton Hillis trick

Coogs 01-13-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9313677)
To say that you don't need a good O-line is simply untrue. However, you can use picks in rounds 3-5 to acquire depth and size on the line.

Which we have just done. Allen, Stephenson, Asamoah, and Hudson. All have experience. Now coach them up and let them all settle into a coheisive unit with Albert and Winston.

Hell, even as good as the 69ers line is right now, they were not flawless when their 1st rounders were rookies.

mcaj22 01-13-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9313783)
Which we have just done. Allen, Stephenson, Asamoah, and Hudson. All have experience. Now coach them up and let them all settle into a coheisive unit with Albert and Winston.

Hell, even as good as the 69ers line is right now, they were not flawless when their 1st rounders were rookies.

yes they were

O.city 01-13-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9313799)
yes they were

Flawless? Nah.

Coogs 01-13-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9313799)
yes they were

I watched a 69ers game once when Iupati was a rookie. He wasn't flawless that game.

EDIT: It may have been this game I am thinking about...

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=300926012

And the 69ers final record that season was 6-10.

Saccopoo 01-13-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

LT Joeckel
LG Albert (Franchise)
OC Hudson
RG Asamoah
RT Winston

Jesus ****ing Christ.

It takes about three years for a guy to "get it" at left tackle in the modern NFL, especially if he's coming out of a pure first read option, dump off spread like A&M.

They had their chance to get a franchise guy in Okung. Now you have to keep Albert unless it's top three money, and I don't see that happening. And Joeckel isn't even remotely close to Okung in terms of potential at the same level.

Albert had a good season in 2012 and it's now time to keep the line intact with the possible exception of the two guards as Asamoah has struggled to this point and I never saw Allen as a guard versus a left tackle. He doesn't have the base to anchor inside against the big defensive tackles and Asamoah was more finesse that has struggled to get out of his stance.

However, a real QB and a real offensive coordinator will also do wonders for the line and they were all solid guys coming out of college.

And you want to give Jennings money, but not Bowe?

How in the hell is your rep green?

DJ's left nut 01-13-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9313816)
Jesus ****ing Christ.

It takes about three years for a guy to "get it" at left tackle in the modern NFL, especially if he's coming out of a pure first read option, dump off spread like A&M.

They had their chance to get a franchise guy in Okung. Now you have to keep Albert unless it's top three money, and I don't see that happening. And Joeckel isn't even remotely close to Okung in terms of potential at the same level.

Albert had a good season in 2012 and it's now time to keep the line intact with the possible exception of the two guards as Asamoah has struggled to this point and I never saw Allen as a guard versus a left tackle. He doesn't have the base to anchor inside against the big defensive tackles and Asamoah was more finesse that has struggled to get out of his stance.

However, a real QB and a real offensive coordinator will also do wonders for the line and they were all solid guys coming out of college.

And you want to give Jennings money, but not Bowe?

How in the hell is your rep green?

Jayhawk fans rep him when he trolls.

Otherwise everyone has acknowledged that CoMo is universally inaccurate. His seal of approval is gold around here.

If he's rooting for your opponent, you're in great shape.

Hammock Parties 01-13-2013 02:12 PM

lol @ people that think Asamoah has struggled.

He's one of the better starting guards in football.

ChiefMojo 01-13-2013 02:13 PM

Tag Albert, re-sign Bowe. If Albert's back holds up next season, re-sign him. If it doesn't, then you can draft a LT next draft. Use this draft on a QB! If we don't re-sign Bowe, then take a WR in round 2.

Saccopoo 01-13-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9313710)
Albert has back injury concerns, it makes to much sense to just tag him and see how that goes.

Sign Bowe, tag Albert, lets do this shit.

Not a bad idea, and you might look and see if Barrett Jones is sitting there at the top of the second at that point, though I can't see passing on either Rhodes or Amerson if they are there.

The Chiefs really need a big, good press coverage cornerback more than a OT, especially since drafting both Allen and Stephenson in the 2nd and 3rd rounds last draft.

I mean, why the **** would someone want to draft an OT first, especially one that wasn't even the best OT on his team (which Matthews was), when we just picked one up in the second and third round in the last draft?

Do you ****ing idiots and draft "experts" like Kiper and the rest even pay attention to shit past the first round?

DJ's left nut 01-13-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9313834)

I was a little surprised by that 'consensus' as well.

I really thought Asamoah came on well as the season went on. I wouldn't have ranked him among the best Gs, but he's no worse than average.

Saccopoo 01-13-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9313834)

Based on PFF stats?

The guy routinely got beat bad the past two seasons and is slow coming out of his three point stance.

He's the offensive version of your current hate target Bailey.

And I like both players and think that with better coaching/schemes they'll both produce in a positive manner.

But saying Asamoah is one of the better guards in the NFL is nuts.

Hammock Parties 01-13-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9313846)
Based on PFF stats?

That, and based on actually watching the game.

He's a very solid lineman.

Quote:

He's the offensive version of your current hate target Bailey.
Not even close. Bailey is a fringe NFL player. Asamoah is absolutely an NFL starter.

It's not surprising you're wrong about Asamoah though. You had no idea what you were watching with Albert last year.

Hammock Parties 01-13-2013 02:21 PM

Additionally, Asamoah showed a lot of improvement from his first year starting to his second year.

For you to compare him to Allen Bailey is ludicrous.

Easy 6 01-13-2013 02:49 PM

Albert to guard, the ugly little idea that just never seems to go away, its like a nasty wart on every O-line conversation.

Titty Meat 01-13-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9313837)
Not a bad idea, and you might look and see if Barrett Jones is sitting there at the top of the second at that point, though I can't see passing on either Rhodes or Amerson if they are there.

The Chiefs really need a big, good press coverage cornerback more than a OT, especially since drafting both Allen and Stephenson in the 2nd and 3rd rounds last draft.

I mean, why the **** would someone want to draft an OT first, especially one that wasn't even the best OT on his team (which Matthews was), when we just picked one up in the second and third round in the last draft?

Do you ****ing idiots and draft "experts" like Kiper and the rest even pay attention to shit past the first round?

Why in the **** do people still want to draft Barrett Jones in the 2nd round when he has to have surgery on his lisc franc injury?

bowener 01-13-2013 04:04 PM

When I first moved to Columbia 6 or 7 years ago I had the misfortune of meeting a Chiefs fan (from another site) for some beers and a Chiefs game at a bar. Halfway through the first quarter I wanted to stab ice picks through my ****ing ears. I'm not saying CoMoChief is this person, but he was a ****ing moron, so they very well may be the same man.

htismaqe 01-13-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9313872)
Additionally, Asamoah showed a lot of improvement from his first year starting to his second year.

For you to compare him to Allen Bailey is ludicrous.

All the more reason you should ease up on Jeff Allen. Allen and Asamoah are very similar guys. Allen should improve greatly next year.

DJ's left nut 01-13-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9314815)
When I first moved to Columbia 6 or 7 years ago I had the misfortune of meeting a Chiefs fan (from another site) for some beers and a Chiefs game at a bar. Halfway through the first quarter I wanted to stab ice picks through my ****ing ears. I'm not saying CoMoChief is this person, but he was a ****ing moron, so they very well may be the same man.

I think I met that guy at Truman's yesterday.

He was all fired about the draft and yelled "We're gonna get the best !@#$ing tackle in the draft!!" It was the strangest thing I've ever seen. It was like being excited about get the best dry handjob of your life.

I pointed out that we had Albert and, I shit you not, he said move him to guard. I just shook my head. I asked him if he seriously wanted to use 1.1 to give the team a moderate upgrade at LG and he was completely on board with the idea.

Chiefs fans are just idiots.

HolyHat 01-13-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9313352)
Local boy, Klein. Starting for his home town team. Woo getting chills just thinking about it!

:harumph:

O.city 01-13-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9313837)

Eh, the foot injury is very bothersome.

I think he'll fall quite hard in teh draft.

Bowser 01-13-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9313629)
This.

Then lay pick 1 out there like some college tiddys at a frat party...

Why in the blue **** should we not draft a QB first overall this year? Because the ESPN jerkoffs say there isn't one worth that spot?

You take Geno Smith first overall, period. Let Kiper have his period on air after the pick, who gives a ****.

Hammock Parties 01-13-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9314824)
All the more reason you should ease up on Jeff Allen. Allen and Asamoah are very similar guys.

Except that one was pretty good, and the other sucked?

Asamoah was never as bad as Allen. Ever. At any point.

Kylo Ren 01-13-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

• The early rumblings out of Kansas City are that Andy Reid will make the offensive line a priority this offseason, which likely means that OLT Branden Albert could be receiving a strong offer or that he could be franchised to protect the Chiefs from losing him. It's unlikely that WR Dwayne Bowe would be tagged a second straight year, but he could return if the price is right. Reid likes offense and knows he needs receivers to thrive.

Geno or bust!

htismaqe 01-13-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9314937)
Except that one was pretty good, and the other sucked?

Asamoah was never as bad as Allen. Ever. At any point.

Asamoah never moved from tackle to guard either. Ever. At any point.

I watched them both in college. VERY similar players.

Kylo Ren 01-13-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

It would be dumb to dump Albert and draft a LT. Albert is a good LT. Reid should sign Bowe, tag Albert and draft Geno!

DTLB58 01-13-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Wayne (Post 9315388)
It would be dumb to dump Albert and draft a LT. Albert is a good LT. Reid should sign Bowe, tag Albert and draft Geno!

For the record, I wouldn't be pissed.

Manila-Chief 01-13-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9314868)
Why in the blue **** should we not draft a QB first overall this year? Because the ESPN jerkoffs say there isn't one worth that spot?

You take Geno Smith first overall, period. Let Kiper have his period on air after the pick, who gives a ****.

I'm with you on the "value" issue.

How many people would give a #1 pick for a Brees, Farve, Marino, Montana, (there are more)? None of those guys were drafted #1 ... and I suppose their "value chart" said don't draft them high, but if Dorsey/Reid determine that Geno (or any QB) has a chance of being a quality NFL QB then take him #1 ... to heck with a "values chart." We must have a QB. We don't draft the middle of a round, so how are we suppose to take value #1 and get a QB??? The value for us will be a quality starting QB!!!