ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Brandon Marshall will you show up to camp? "I'm under contract with the Broncos" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=210288)

Quesadilla Joe 07-13-2009 12:23 PM

Brandon Marshall will you show up to camp? "I'm under contract with the Broncos"

MINNEAPOLIS – Brandon Marshall(notes) is unwilling to talk about what jersey he wants to wear in the fall. However, he’s made it clear that whatever uniform he dons, he expects to suit up in great shape.

“All I can do is get up every day and beat my body up, and that’s the truth,” the Denver Broncos wideout said during an exclusive interview after a workout on Friday at the University of Minnesota with fellow Pro Bowl receiver Larry Fitzgerald(notes). “At the end of the day, I’m going to be playing football, and, if I’m going to be out there, I got to be in the best shape I can be in.”

Neither Marshall, who requested a trade from the Broncos during a meeting with owner Pat Bowlen last month, nor his agent Kennard McGuire would comment on the status of the request.

“I ain’t worrying about that right now,” Marshall said, “and I ain’t going to talk about that.”

Marshall, a 2006 fourth-round NFL draft pick who earned $1.5 million in each of his first three seasons, reportedly wants an upgrade to a contract that is set to pay him $2.2 million in 2009. In addition to salary concerns, Marshall is believed to be bothered by the departure of Pro Bowl quarterback Jay Cutler(notes), who was traded to the Chicago Bears, and the team’s medical staff.

In a May blog post, Marshall said he got two MRIs on his hip and was told that nothing was wrong.

“But come to find out THERE WAS A BIT OF A PROBLEM after all,” Marshall wrote on his blog.

Asked if he plans to report to the team’s training camp on July 30, Marshall said, “Well, I’m under contract with the Broncos.”

Marshall, hoping not to become a distraction to his teammates (“You don’t ever want to be that,” he said), focused many of his answers on his immediate goal: closing a tangible gap with Fitzgerald.

After their full morning workout on Friday, the players ran 16, 110-yard dashes. Marshall didn’t like the view.

“The main thing I’m taking back to Orlando with me is that I’m 20 yards behind Fitzgerald,” Marshall said. “We ended [Fri]day with 110s, and I was 20 yards behind him.”

How many times?

“On all of them,” Marshall matter-of-factly said. “It showed me how far behind I am from the best.”

Marshall didn’t mention that he had hip surgery on April 1. Instead, Fitzgerald later pointed that out in a separate interview.

“Well, I’ve been doing this for a while,” Fitzgerald said of the conditioning drills, “and he just got back from major surgery not too long ago.

“He’s an incredible specimen. It won’t take long for him to recover.”

The injury could be one of several concerns the Broncos have about rewarding Marshall with a lucrative contract. Despite back-to-back 100-catch seasons, Marshall has been on police blotters on several occasions, most recently in March, when he was arrested in Atlanta for disorderly conduct after allegedly being in a fight with his fiancée (the charges were dropped).

“I don’t know what’s going to happen with him and Denver. But, I just hope if he is traded or isn’t trade, I just want him to be happy,” said Fitzgerald, who struck up a friendship with Marshall through former NFL star and onetime Yahoo! Sports analyst Cris Carter. “I want to see him have success, whether that’s in Denver or [somewhere else]. I just want to see him have success, because he puts in the work.”

Marshall said he enjoyed sharing insights with receivers like Fitzgerald and the Green Bay Packers’ Greg Jennings(notes). But the highlight of his week was on Wednesday, when he worked out with Jerry Rice(notes).

“I had never gotten the chance to meet the G.O.A.T. [Greatest of All Time] before,” Marshall said. “It’s inspiring, to see how old he is, and how he’s still got it.”

Photo Cutler, left, and Marshall were drafted in ’06.
(Jamie Squire/Getty)

If he remains a Bronco this season, Marshall will have to adjust to a new quarterback. In addition to acquiring draft picks for Cutler, the Broncos also got veteran quarterback Kyle Orton(notes).

Marshall was nothing but diplomatic in his comments about the team’s new quarterbacks, Orton and Chris Simms(notes), and he downplayed the departure of Cutler.

“With this game, as far as the NFL, it’s about change,” Marshall said. “You see that all the time. People come in and go out. It’s one of those things you have to deal with it and move on. You can’t get caught up in the past.

“You just got to do your best, to control what you can control.”

Right now, Marshall’s focus is on getting into shape so he can avoid being what he called a “so-so” player.

“Football is exciting. It doesn’t matter if you’re playing with the best or you’re playing with average guys, or a bad team,” Marshall said. “Football is always the same. Every time Sunday comes around, you’re going to be pumped up.

“Just to have an opportunity to play ball is exciting.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

doomy3 07-13-2009 12:25 PM

Go the **** away.

FAX 07-13-2009 12:26 PM

Getting him into camp is one thing. Getting him to catch the ball while he's gagged and tied to a chair is another.

FAX

wild1 07-13-2009 12:29 PM

don't worry, he can probably work in 2 or 3 more arrests before camp opens.

Bowser 07-13-2009 12:29 PM

Your coach traded away the best QB Denver has seen since Elway, pissed off his star young receiver, and still wants Matt Cassell in a Broncos uni.

Crush 07-13-2009 12:35 PM

I am going to laugh my ass off when Captain Neckbeard under throws the receivers on a consistent basis.

BigChiefFan 07-13-2009 12:37 PM

Guess nobody wanted him on their team-that should tell you plenty. I think he's going to become a huge distraction if the Broncos should start to tank the upcoming season.

Mile High Mania 07-13-2009 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 5897776)
Guess nobody wanted him on their team-that should tell you plenty. I think he's going to become a huge distraction if the Broncos should start to tank the upcoming season.

Based on what?

CoMoChief 07-13-2009 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admiral Crunch (Post 5897772)
I am going to laugh my ass off when Captain Neckbeard under throws the receivers on a consistent basis.

ROFL Cpt. Neckbeard

Bowser 07-13-2009 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 5897796)
Based on what?

Don't want to answer for BCF, but if Cutler lights it up in Chicago and Orton just does ok or worse, I'm thinking there may be a few disgruntled fans in Broncoland.

BigChiefFan 07-13-2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Based on what?

Based on him ALREADY being a distraction.

I would also say, that chances are, Orton will perform worse than Cutler did for Bronco Nation.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-13-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

“The main thing I’m taking back to Orlando with me is that I’m 20 yards behind Fitzgerald,” Marshall said. “We ended [Fri]day with 110s, and I was 20 yards behind him.”

How many times?

“On all of them,” Marshall matter-of-factly said. “It showed me how far behind I am from the best.”
That was a pretty selfless statement.

Mile High Mania 07-13-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5897802)
Don't want to answer for BCF, but if Cutler lights it up in Chicago and Orton just does ok or worse, I'm thinking there may be a few disgruntled fans in Broncoland.

Sure, there will be great disappointment, but I think it's odd to expect 2008 type of production from Cutler in that offense with those receivers.

the Talking Can 07-13-2009 12:56 PM

another devastating cut and paste, with a sneaky bold face text as well.....bronco homer with awesome display of power....

Mile High Mania 07-13-2009 12:59 PM

Marshall was nothing but diplomatic in his comments about the team’s new quarterbacks, Orton and Chris Simms(notes), and he downplayed the departure of Cutler.

“With this game, as far as the NFL, it’s about change,” Marshall said. “You see that all the time. People come in and go out. It’s one of those things you have to deal with it and move on. You can’t get caught up in the past.

“You just got to do your best, to control what you can control.”

I think that sums up his recent commentary... he's got a list of problems off the field, injury concerns, an offense that likely won't be as pass happy as his first 3 seasons and he's going into the final year of his current contract. This is the year where he can produce and command a fortune.

So this is why he's demanding what he can... it's the best he can do to control (somewhat) what he can control. In the end, he's going to have to just play.

chiefzilla1501 07-13-2009 01:00 PM

Quote:

Based on what?

If I'm not mistaken, he was pretty pissed about the team trading Cutler. He handled himself fairly well, in that regard, but I've heard they used to train a lot together. I agree that if Orton isn't clicking on all cylinders and especially if he doesn't give Marshall the ball, he might raise some stink.

Mile High Mania 07-13-2009 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 5897838)
If I'm not mistaken, he was pretty pissed about the team trading Cutler. He handled himself fairly well, in that regard, but I've heard they used to train a lot together. I agree that if Orton isn't clicking on all cylinders and especially if he doesn't give Marshall the ball, he might raise some stink.

I don't think he'll go full blown TO if things get off to a rocky start and I'm sure he'd love a 3rd 100 catch season, but that may not be in his future.

MMXcalibur 07-13-2009 01:07 PM

I understand that the Broncos are in our division and we should pay attention to them, but since when did this become "Donkey Planet"?

Mile High Mania 07-13-2009 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 5897868)
I understand that the Broncos are in our division and we should pay attention to them, but since when did this become "Donkey Planet"?

It's been that way for a decade... give in to your hate...

the Talking Can 07-13-2009 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 5897868)

the only homers allowed on the planet are donko homers...

no one knows exactly how it came to be that way

Garcia Bronco 07-13-2009 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5897763)
Your coach traded away the best QB Denver has seen since Elway, pissed off his star young receiver, and still wants Matt Cassell in a Broncos uni.

To be accurate...the coach did not trade away Cutler. The owner did.

Garcia Bronco 07-13-2009 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5897802)

sure there will be, but if they want to blame someone then they need to poinht the finger at Cutler.

Garcia Bronco 07-13-2009 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 5897814)
Based on him ALREADY being a distraction.

I would also say, that chances are, Orton will perform worse than Cutler did for Bronco Nation.

He already has. Cutler has a sub 500 record...Orton...not-so-much.

Garcia Bronco 07-13-2009 03:08 PM

LOL CoChief. But the statement is fact.

Halfcan 07-13-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 5897752)
Go the **** away.

yep

LaChapelle 07-13-2009 03:34 PM

Nick Athan may have meet his homer match.

chiefs1111 07-13-2009 03:36 PM

well good for him

LaChapelle 07-15-2009 11:13 AM

Is it wise to throw sand at a vagina?

Broncos sticking it to Brandon?

Posted by Mike Florio(PFT) on July 15, 2009 8:05 AM

Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall isn't happy with his team. One of the things sticking in his craw (we're still not quite sure where the "craw" resides in the human anatomy) is the medical staff's alleged bungling of his hip injury.

Twice last season Marshall was told he was fine. Upon securing a second opinion, Marshall eventually had surgery in March.

And because of the procedure and ensuing rehab, which caused him to miss the entire 2009 offseason, the Broncos have asked him to report for training camp three days early, on July 27 instead of July 30, according to the Denver Post.

Though the 72-hour window will pass in an instant in the grand scheme of things, Marshall easily could perceive the move as adding indignity to insult to injury.

Marshall skipped a mandatory minicamp several weeks ago, but the financial consequences of a training-camp holdout would be much stiffer. And the Broncos have raised the stakes by moving the target for his arrival from July 30 to July 27.

Mile High Mania 07-15-2009 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChapelle (Post 5903199)
Is it wise to throw sand at a bloody vagina?

Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall isn't happy with his team. One of the things sticking in his craw (we're still not quite sure where the "craw" resides in the human anatomy) is the medical staff's alleged bungling of his hip injury.

Twice last season Marshall was told he was fine. Upon securing a second opinion, Marshall eventually had surgery in March.

And because of the procedure and ensuing rehab, which caused him to miss the entire 2009 offseason, the Broncos have asked him to report for training camp three days early, on July 27 instead of July 30, according to the Denver Post.

Though the 72-hour window will pass in an instant in the grand scheme of things, Marshall easily could perceive the move as adding indignity to insult to injury.

Marshall skipped a mandatory minicamp several weeks ago, but the financial consequences of a training-camp holdout would be much stiffer. And the Broncos have raised the stakes by moving the target for his arrival from July 30 to July 27.

Big freaking deal...

orange 07-15-2009 11:55 AM

"And because of the procedure and ensuing rehab, which caused him to miss the entire 2009 offseason, the Broncos have asked him to report for training camp three days early, on July 27 instead of July 30, according to the Denver Post."

That sure sounds like they want him in early for a medical review. Why would he be pissed off about that?

orange 07-15-2009 11:59 AM

No.
Broncos' Marshall must report July 27
Coach wants unhappy receiver in camp before most veterans
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Posted: 07/15/2009 01:00:00 AM MDT

As an injured player, Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall has been informed he needs to show up for training camp with the team's rookies on July 27.

As a disgruntled player, Marshall is a threat to continue his protest of his existing contract by failing to report to the Broncos' Dove Valley headquarters by his assigned date.

All players received a letter from coach Josh McDaniels that formally notified them of their reporting dates for training camp. Veterans who demonstrated healthy bodies through the Broncos' off-season minicamps don't have to report until July 30, with two-a-day workout sessions commencing the next day.

Rookies and players rehabilitating from injury are scheduled to report July 27.

Marshall is coming off hip surgery that forced him to miss the entire offseason. He also sent the message he was un-happy with the Broncos' medical treatment and his contract by moving his rehabilitation away from the team's facility, then skipping the final minicamp in mid-June.

However, there is a chance Marshall's holdout could end sooner rather than later. All players who don't report by Aug. 11 must forfeit an accrued season. That would leave Marshall as a third-year player in 2009 instead of a fourth-year player. In turn, he would remain another season from the potential jackpot that is unrestricted free-agent eligibility.

"I'm not worried about that until it becomes apparent that those dates are going to mean something," McDaniels said recently. "Right now I'm looking at July 27. That's when he's supposed to report. We're looking forward to it."

Marshall is coming off back-to-back 100-catch seasons and is set to draw a $2.198 million salary in the final segment of a four-year contract he signed as a fourth-round drafted rookie in 2006.

He is working out in Minneapolis with the Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald, who is widely considered the NFL's top wide receiver.

After one of those recent workouts, Marshall was asked by Yahoo.com if he would report to training camp on time and said, "Well, I'm under contract with the Broncos."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12838661

Mile High Mania 07-15-2009 12:01 PM

I read that as well... plus, he needs to meet the new guys on his team.

Bwana 07-15-2009 12:07 PM

May the donks keep him for years to come. Marshall, the T.O. of the AFC west.

Mile High Mania 07-15-2009 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 5903337)
May the donks keep him for years to come. Marshall, the T.O. of the AFC west.

It's a different flavor... not exactly TO from a "team killer" concept. If he'll keep clean off the field, he'll get his big fat pay day.

Titty Meat 07-15-2009 01:14 PM

Yea in order for him to ruin a team they'd have to be good to begin with.

Sanka 07-15-2009 04:37 PM

LOL I hope they give him his big pay day. Only good can come from it.

Quesadilla Joe 07-16-2009 12:08 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...training-camp/

Brandon Marshall says he'll be at training camp
Posted by Mike Florio on July 16, 2009 9:18 AM ET

In an interview with ESPN, apparently from the red carpet at the ESPY awards, an ascot-wearing Brandon Marshall said that he'll show up for training camp later this month.

"Right now I'm obligated, I'm under contract. . . . It's $14,000 a day if i miss," Marshall said. "I'm not stupid. So I will be there."

(Whether Marshall is or isn't stupid is a topic about which reasonable minds could differ. Clearly, he has done more than a few stupid things over the years.)

Actually, it's more like $17,000 per day for a training-camp holdout, if Marshall chooses to stay away. And he'd also owe the remaining 75 percent of his 2009 signing-bonus allocation of $100,000 or so; he forfeited the first 25 percent by skipping a mandatory minicamp in June, if the team decides to push the matter.

But whether Marshall and the team are truly on the same page remains to be seen. Marshall hinted during his ESPY sound bite at an agreement he reached with owner Pat Bowlen during a recent meeting, which presumably is a reference to the supposed promise by Bowlen that he will trade Marshall, if Marshall wants out.

So even though Marshall is going to show up, there could be some fireworks after he gets there.

|Zach| 07-16-2009 12:13 PM

Hey! Maybe this year he will have a 100 yd day receiving. That certainly didn't happen last year when the Broncos split the series against one of the worst KC teams in the history of the franchise.

And to think they will be a worse team this year. Enjoy your season Brandon!

Quesadilla Joe 07-16-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 5905575)
Hey! Maybe this year he will have a 100 yd day receiving. That certainly didn't happen last year when the Broncos split the series against one of the worst KC teams in the history of the franchise.

And to think they will be a worse team this year. Enjoy your season Brandon!

KC didn't beat Denver. Jay Cutler lost to KC with the 3 turnovers he had.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-16-2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 5905594)

Well it's a good thing you've made that massive upgrade to Orton then!:rolleyes:

|Zach| 07-16-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Hate to be the one to tell you this but for all of Cutler's faults your guy under center is not better. Ahh Kyle Orton...checking down to TEs and RBs for 3 yards a clip.

Hey, what did your username used to be on here? ROFLROFL I love all the Denver fans lining up to throw Cutler under the bus.

Valiant 07-16-2009 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 5897938)
To be accurate...the coach did not trade away Cutler. The owner did.

Wait, what?? You mean the coach that publicly touted another teams QB over his own allstar?? Yeah the owner wanted to get rid of their probowler on his own without the coach's dumb input that backfired on the team.. Hopefully stuff like this keeps happening to your franchise..

Quesadilla Joe 07-16-2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 5905610)
Hate to be the one to tell you this but for all of Cutler's faults your guy under center is not better. Ahh Kyle Orton...checking down to TEs and RBs for 3 yards a clip.

Hey, what did your username used to be on here? ROFLROFL I love all the Denver fans lining up to throw Cutler under the bus.

The guy we have under center now knows how to win games. He also showed that he can play just as good as any QB when he has time to throw and when his receivers don't drop passes. An interception is more costly than a TD pass is helpful. Cutler can do some amazing things, but for every good play he has, he makes another bad one.

Yeah I used to have Cutler in my username, in defense, I didn't know he could be a 3 game division lead with 3 games to go. I also didn't know he was a douche bag until March of this year.

Titty Meat 07-16-2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 5905683)
The guy we have under center now knows how to win games. He also showed that he can play just as good as any QB when he has time to throw and when his receivers don't drop passes. An interception is more costly than a TD pass is helpful. Cutler can do some amazing things, but for every good play he has, he makes another bad one.

Yeah I used to have Cutler in my username, in defense, I didn't know he could be a 3 game division lead with 3 games to go. I also didn't know he was a douche bag until March of this year.

Yup Orton knows how to win games. How many playoff games has he played in?

|Zach| 07-16-2009 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 5905683)

You can rationalize anything.

LaChapelle 07-16-2009 02:15 PM

Brandon Marshall, I will there. But if a Mcnugget box happens to be in my path on the way to the dorms? Hey, shit happens and I still get paid.

The Franchise 07-16-2009 02:17 PM

Quote:

God no wonder....I mean how does he expect to win if he's on the field by himself?

You ****ing douchebag. Go **** an Aids tree.

Mile High Mania 07-16-2009 02:22 PM

Quote:

Yeah, it had nothing to do with the 198 yards and 2 TDs (7 yd average) that LJ had vs the defense... the score was 33-19! It wasn't just Jay and the turnovers.

Quesadilla Joe 07-16-2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 5905958)
Yeah, it had nothing to do with the 198 yards and 2 TDs (7 yd average) that LJ had vs the defense... the score was 33-19! It wasn't just Jay and the turnovers.

LJ did have two long runs, but the rest of their points came from our dumb mistakes.

We had 5 turnovers. 3 of them were in our own territory.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...s-Broncos-2008

Bowser 07-16-2009 03:12 PM

Quote:

Whatever helps you sleep at night. I'd look for excuses too, if my team got dismanteled by an inept 2-14 team.

Quesadilla Joe 07-16-2009 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5906118)
Whatever helps you sleep at night. I'd look for excuses too, if my team got dismanteled by an inept 2-14 team.

Fluke turnovers isn't dismantled. The score was 16-13 going into the 4th quarter. And it was 26-19 with 2 minutes to go and Denver went for an onside kick and Spencer Larsen had the ball in his hands and dropped it. Than LJ got a meaningless TD.

The game was a lot closer than score indicated. If Kyle Orton was our QB's you guys wouldn't have had as many gimme picks.

Bowser 07-16-2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 5906127)
Fluke turnovers isn't dismantled. The score was 16-13 going into the 4th quarter. And it was 26-19 with 2 minutes to go and Denver went for an onside kick and Spencer Larsen had the ball in his hands and dropped it. Than LJ got a meaningless TD.

The game was a lot closer than score indicated. If Kyle Orton was our QB's you guys wouldn't have had as many gimme picks.

Broncos losing by two touchdowns to a 2-14 team = dismantled, no matter how you want to dissect it.

|Zach| 07-16-2009 03:29 PM

ROFL

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2008/0930...nsonts_580.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-16-2009 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 5906127)

ROFL

"Glug-Glug-Glug" said the Donkey.

stevieray 07-16-2009 03:52 PM

Marshall was heard saying "I'll be there" and mentioned he'd been practicing catching with one glove.

listopencil 07-16-2009 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChapelle (Post 5903199)
Is it wise to throw sand at a vagina?

Heh heh hee. Regardless of the homers/haters in this thread, that was funny.

listopencil 07-16-2009 05:10 PM

More to the point- Denver should give him a beefy new contract with incentive bonuses and behavior clauses.

IDK though, is it wise to throw beef at a vagina?

Halfcan 07-16-2009 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5906118)

wait til we beat their ass again this year. Ortron the turnover machine-Welcome to Arrowhead neckbeard!!

Quesadilla Joe 07-16-2009 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 5906395)
wait til we beat their ass again this year. Ortron the turnover machine-Welcome to Arrowhead neckbeard!!

Quote:

A true safety-first QB. Will never, ever force a deep ball or anything into double coverage unless it absolutely needs it (just 5 picks in his senior year). He has the field-reading skills of a 10 year NFL vet and can diagnose a blitz instantly, and is happy to sit in against it and make his reads. Good timing is a huge part of his play, especially in the underneath and short-medium range passes. He won’t even consider parting with the ball until he is certain his receiver is open, and may be on a par with plenty of NFL quarterbacks when it comes to play action – think ol’ Peyton but slightly less polished.
He also set the Bears franchise record with 205 consecutive passes without an INT.:eek:

KC Dan 07-16-2009 05:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 5906410)
He also set the Bears franchise record with 205 consecutive passes without an INT.:eek:

blah #'s, nothin' special

Quesadilla Joe 07-16-2009 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Dan (Post 5906420)
blah #'s, nothin' special

He was a 4th round pick and started 15 games his rookie year, of course he struggled.

And before he hurt his ankle he had a higher QB Rating and a better TD/INT Ratio than Jay Cutler had his first 8 weeks of the season.

Kyle Orton will have a QB Rating higher than 85, have 20 plus TD passes, 8-14 INT's, over 3200 yards, and complete at least 60% of his passes this year. Bank on it.

|Zach| 07-16-2009 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 5906431)
He was a 4th round pick and started 15 games his rookie year, of course he struggled.

And before he hurt his ankle he had a higher QB Rating and a better TD/INT Ratio than Jay Cutler had his first 8 weeks of the season.

Kyle Orton will have a QB Rating higher than 85, have 20 plus TD passes, 8-14 INT's, over 3200 yards, and complete at least 60% of his passes this year. Bank on it.

There really isn't anything you won't say to make excuses for his mediocre play.

Look on the bright side though. When your QB disappoints you again you won't have to stick your tail between your legs and ask for another name change.

KC Dan 07-16-2009 05:55 PM

Quote:

Call me when he breaks 80 or 60% completion %. He hasn't done either yet...

Halfcan 07-16-2009 05:57 PM

Quote:

He was lucky to be a 4th round pick and started 15 games his rookie year because the Dabears did not have anyone else, of course he struggled.

And before he hurt his ankle in a gay sex orgy, he had a higher QB Rating and a better TD/INT Ratio than Jay Cutler had his first 8 weeks of the season. Which isn't saying much.

Kyle Orton will have a QB Rating no higher than 25, have 2 TD passes, 45 INT's, under 1200 yards, and complete at less 30% of his passes this year before he is booed out of Mile High and fakes another injury. Bank on it.

FYP Homer! :p

stumppy 07-16-2009 05:57 PM

Quote:

Well, if you're confident enough to bank on it surely you'd be eager to make a friendly wager on it. What do ya say ?

Quesadilla Joe 07-16-2009 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 5906439)
FYP Homer! :p

ROFL

Quesadilla Joe 07-16-2009 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Dan (Post 5906437)

He never had an offensive minded coach and great weapons in Chicago. The weather in Chicago isn't exactly QB friendly either.

|Zach| 07-16-2009 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 5906450)
He never had an offensive minded coach and great weapons in Chicago. The weather in Chicago isn't exactly QB friendly either.

Rationalization is one of the defense mechanisms proposed by Sigmund Freud, which were later developed further by his daughter Anna Freud.

According to the DSM-IV rationalization occurs "when the individual deals with emotional conflict or internal or external stressors by concealing the true motivations for his or her own thoughts, actions, or feelings through the elaboration of reassuring or self serving but incorrect explanations."

Quesadilla Joe 07-16-2009 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 5906452)
Rationalization is one of the defense mechanisms proposed by Sigmund Freud, which were later developed further by his daughter Anna Freud.

According to the DSM-IV rationalization occurs "when the individual deals with emotional conflict or internal or external stressors by concealing the true motivations for his or her own thoughts, actions, or feelings through the elaboration of reassuring or self serving but incorrect explanations."

Ignorance the state or fact of being ignorant : lack of knowledge, education, or awareness.

Did you watch any complete games from Kyle Orton last year? Did you see the crap he had around him on offense? Did you see how many easy balls his WR's dropped? Did you know Kyle Orton couldn't do 5 step and 7 step drops for half of the season because he had an injured ankle?

rockymtnchief 07-16-2009 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 5906450)
The weather in Chicago isn't exactly QB friendly either.

And Denver is?

Don't mention that Chicago is called "The Windy City" either. It was named that because of all the politicians and braggorts blowing hot air. Not because of the weather.

Ceej 07-16-2009 06:31 PM

I don't know why I continue to click on these threads started by you.

It's the same bullshit over and over. I'll give you credit though -- it's quite amusing.

Good luck Denver.

Quesadilla Joe 07-16-2009 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockymtnchief (Post 5906470)
And Denver is?

Don't mention that Chicago is called "The Windy City" either. It was named that because of all the politicians and braggorts blowing hot air. Not because of the weather.

Denver has the best weather in the USA.

Mile High Mania 07-16-2009 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 5906497)
Denver has the best weather in the USA.

I'll vote for San Diego on the weather aspect... although, I do love CO in the winter.

DaFace 07-16-2009 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutler7624 (Post 5905594)

Oh, cutler7624...you're quite the piece of work. You pimp Jay for months around here. Then he gets traded and suddenly he's the cause of all your problems. Perhaps you forgot about the role your defense played in your team's losses.

Quesadilla Joe 07-16-2009 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 5906512)
Oh, cutler7624...you're quite the piece of work. You pimp Jay for months around here. Then he gets traded and suddenly he's the cause of all your problems. Perhaps you forgot about the role your defense played in your team's losses.

That game and the Miami game were Cutler's two worst games he played last season IMO.

I pimped Cutler last offseason and I was proved right. I am not saying Orton is better than Jay, I am just saying he is more careful and is very underrated. I will be right about Orton this year. I think we will be a much better team with Orton plus two first round draft picks. Sometimes both teams win in a trade.:thumb:

Quesadilla Joe 07-16-2009 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 5906501)
I'll vote for San Diego on the weather aspect... although, I do love CO in the winter.

I've never been to SD.

I lived in Denver a few years ago, and I can't imagine anywhere else having blue skies as often as Denver.

Ebolapox 07-16-2009 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 5906534)
I've never been to SD.

I lived in Denver a few years ago, and I can't imagine anywhere else having blue skies as often as Denver.

san diego is absolute paradise. very little to no humidity, doesn't rain all that often, depending on where you are in the eggo there's a nice sea breeze, and average temps year-round between the 70's and low 90's.

absolute paradise.

rockymtnchief 07-16-2009 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 5906534)
I've never been to SD.

Then you've never been to the "Big Sky" state.

Denver looked smoggy to me on calm days. There were days I could only see the outline of the mountains from my girlfriends condo.

orange 07-17-2009 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Dan (Post 5906437)

Call me when Cutler has a winning season.

KC Dan 07-17-2009 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orange (Post 5907407)
Call me when Cutler has a winning season.

I`d put my money on that first. Much better chance that will occur.