ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music I banned Taylor Swift today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262434)

ChiefsCountry 10-23-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9043840)
Let's use more radio lingo that people don't understand.

I like it to post up on it with a short ramp walker then segue into a fun image positioner and into a new impact heavy... upbeat of course.

I know what ramps and image positioners are. :)

ChiefsCountry 10-23-2012 07:46 PM

Speaking to you radio programer gurus, coming from a marketing background I always thought this would be a kickass clock for a country radio station in mid city to small town market.

Top of the hour - 3 minutes news, 30 second ad, 30 second weather
16 minutes of music/talk/whatever the hell else you guys do lol
3:30 ads, 30 second weather
16 minutes of music/talk/whatever the hell else you guys do
Back to top of the hour

The idea is to have strong news at the top, with weather every 20 minutes, while still having enough music. Personally I think it would be solid and get ratings. But then again I have a marketing background lol.

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-23-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9044017)
I know what ramps and image positioners are. :)

Woooot! Go you lol.

The Rick 10-23-2012 07:59 PM

Brad Paisley is one of my favorites. Great guitar player, clever songs. Not sure how many, if any, he writes though.

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-23-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9044042)
Speaking to you radio programer gurus, coming from a marketing background I always thought this would be a kickass clock for a country radio station in mid city to small town market.

Top of the hour - 3 minutes news, 30 second ad, 30 second weather
16 minutes of music/talk/whatever the hell else you guys do lol
Back to top of the hour

The idea is to have strong news at the top, with weather every 20 minutes, while still having enough music. Personally I think it would be solid and get ratings. But then again I have a marketing background lol.

Stop news at 8am. After that your in radio midday. People are at work and want music.

My station does 6a, 7a, 8a... 1 minute national news, 1.5 minutes local news, 1 minute sports, 30 seconds wx, intro whats up this hour over song intro... 5 songs, break, 3 songs, break, 2-3 songs depending on time, break, song or not depending on time... next hour.

It's also important that music sweeps through every quarter hour when possible. Ratings are largely based on quarter hour listening so you don't want to be talking when a quarter starts. Stagger breaks at odd times... :20, :35, :50 so it's easier. Hide breaks outside the quarters.

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-23-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rick (Post 9044084)
Brad Paisley is one of my favorites. Great guitar player, clever songs. Not sure how many, if any, he writes though.

He writes or co-writes many of his own. True talent.

Easy 6 10-23-2012 08:08 PM

This thread would be 100% win if it was "I banged Taylor Swift today".

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-23-2012 08:12 PM

Bob Dobbs probably knows this but if not... free advice. Know when your competitor takes their spot breaks then build yours to start 1-2 minutes before them. You go to spots... people turn the station... competitor goes into spots... people turn back as you're going back into music. They're with you for the next music sweep... rinse, repeat over and over. You'll build cume while giving the impression that all the other station does is play commercials when people turn there.

Winning.

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-23-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9044118)
This thread would be 100% win if it was "I banged Taylor Swift today".

I did. She was meh.

Easy 6 10-23-2012 08:16 PM

I bet those long, skinny legs of hers wrapped around you twice.

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-23-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9044138)
I bet those long, skinny legs of hers wrapped around you twice.

I'm not lyin... I'd hate **** that for a week.

lewdog 10-23-2012 08:40 PM

I might be the only one but I don't find Taylor Swift very attractive. She reminds me of a mouse with her facial structure and she has absolutely no curves...plus she is pasty white.

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-23-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9044220)
I might be the only one but I don't find Taylor Swift very attractive. She reminds me of a mouse with her facial structure and she has absolutely no curves...plus she is pasty white.

She's certainly not the hottest girl ever. There's just something about her that I'd jump on.

ziggysocki 10-24-2012 07:32 AM

I heard this song last night on the radio. It was one of the worst songs I have ever heard, of ANY genre. Thanks for taking a stand an making the world a better place, on whatever scale.

Rausch 10-24-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9044152)
I'm not lyin... I'd hate **** that for a week.

Way to go out there on a limb.

I do that with my wife every week...