ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   How about Tiger? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=113918)

dave0320 04-10-2005 10:12 AM

How about Tiger?

Awesome!

bogie 04-11-2005 11:07 AM

I gotta tell ya. That was an exciting Masters tournament. Hats off to Tiger and Chris.

jspchief 04-11-2005 11:10 AM

He got outplayed on Sunday. He's lucky he had the 3 stroke lead going in. Just about gave it away.

carlos3652 04-11-2005 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief
He got outplayed on Sunday. He's lucky he had the 3 stroke lead going in. Just about gave it away.

Yea.. He's lucky he was only down by 10 strokes on the start of Saturday... the way he outplayed the field on Saturday and Sunday morning was ridiculous...

He went to conservative mode while dimarco went to attacking mode... almost cost him, but to do what he did was incredible... and that shot on 16 was crazy....

I applaud Chris' play, but Tiger played his best final 3 rounds in the last 3 years @ a Major....

where were the rest:

Vijay - 8 shots off Tiger
Mickelson - 9 shots off Tiger
Els - 22 shots off Tiger

Els almost mist the cut (1 stroke) and Tiger has 140 consecutive made cuts... current closest 2nd in cuts made: 19...

Tiger is back and look out...

philfree 04-11-2005 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlos3652
Yea.. He's lucky he was only down by 10 strokes on the start of Saturday... the way he outplayed the field on Saturday and Sunday morning was ridiculous...

He went to conservative mode while dimarco went to attacking mode... almost cost him, but to do what he did was incredible... and that shot on 16 was crazy....

I applaud Chris' play, but Tiger played his best final 3 rounds in the last 3 years @ a Major....

where were the rest:

Vijay - 8 shots off Tiger
Mickelson - 9 shots off Tiger
Els - 22 shots off Tiger

Els almost mist the cut (1 stroke) and Tiger has 140 consecutive made cuts... current closest 2nd in cuts made: 19...

Tiger is back and look out...

If Tigers ball bounbced the direction that most peoples ball bounces when it's rattlling around in the trees he wouldn't of won. How many fairways did he hit on the back nine yesterday? One or maybe two? He really never got penalized for it. Usually the Masters is won or lost on the back 9 on sunday and Tiger got his ass kicked by a guy who is about 60 yards shorter off the tee. Tigers swing was sucking bad yesterday. He was out of control until the sudden death hole where he hit two fine shots and made his putt. He got the win but I wasn't impressed by his play.

PhilFree:arrow:

bogie 04-11-2005 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree
If Tigers ball bounbced the direction that most peoples ball bounces when it's rattlling around in the trees he wouldn't of won. How many fairways did he hit on the back nine yesterday? One or maybe two? He really never got penalized for it. Usually the Masters is won or lost on the back 9 on sunday and Tiger got his ass kicked by a guy who is about 60 yards shorter off the tee. Tigers swing was sucking bad yesterday. He was out of control until the sudden death hole where he hit two fine shots and made his putt. He got the win but I wasn't impressed by his play.

Even at his worst, how can you not be impressed by his play? He's number 1 in the world. That's pretty impressive to me. But, I'm just a hacker.

redbrian 04-11-2005 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bogie
Even at his worst, how can you not be impressed by his play? He's number 1 in the world. That's pretty impressive to me. But, I'm just a hacker.

I wish my game sucked that bad.

BIG_DADDY 04-11-2005 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree

That one chip shot was incredible though on what was it the 16th? I was barbacueing and kind of getting the run down from friends.

philfree 04-11-2005 11:53 AM

Quote:

The last 9 holes of the Maters he got beat by 3 strokes by a guy who is 60 yards shorter off the tee. 60 yards!!! He played a great round of military golf.......Left, Right, Left, Right........He was over swinging bad IMO.

PhilFree :arrow:

jspchief 04-11-2005 11:57 AM

The chip shot was awesome, but it was also extremely lucky. Any awe that shot inspired was quickly erased by him bogeying the next two holes to allow it to get to a play-off. He was spectacular in rounds 2 and 3, but I found his play in the final round less than impressive. Especially the way he finished the round.

He almost choked away all that he had done in rounds 2 and 3. Color me unimpressed.

bogie 04-11-2005 12:01 PM

Yes, he did struggle on the back 9 on Sunday. But he and Dimarco beat the hell out of the rest of the field. I was impressed by them both. Tiger did what all champions do, he did what was necessary to win. Even with some of his fortunate bounces. He was near perfect on the playoff which was when it really counted.

philfree 04-11-2005 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY
That one chip shot was incredible though on what was it the 16th? I was barbacueing and kind of getting the run down from friends.

He does have a great short game but he couldn't even hit the fairway with a 3 wood yesterday on the back 9. It just seems he gets his breaks right in the middle of crunch time and that bugs me because I'm always a big fan of the underdog. It would have meant so much more for DiMarco to get that win then it did for Tiger. A million times more.

BIG_DADDY 04-11-2005 12:04 PM

Quote:

The chip shot was awesome, but it was also extremely lucky. Any awe that shot inspired was quickly erased by him bogeying the next two holes to allow it to get to a play-off. He was spectacular in rounds 2 and 3, but I found his play in the final round less than impressive. Especially the way he finished the round.

He almost choked away all that he had done in rounds 2 and 3. Color me unimpressed.

I was more impressed with the white boy winning that slam dunk contest Saturday morning. I never thought I would see the day. All the brothers were pissed. I laughed my balls off.

bogie 04-11-2005 12:07 PM

Quote:

Are you unimpressed because you know he can play better? Does your game compare to his? How can anyone not be impressed with his game? At his worst on Sunday, he's still the number one golfer in the world. How can that not be impressive? I am impressed by anyone that has skills that are better than mine, whether it's sports, acting, management skills, etc.

jspchief 04-11-2005 12:18 PM

Quote:

Are you unimpressed because you know he can play better? Does your game compare to his? How can anyone not be impressed with his game? At his worst on Sunday, he's still the number one golfer in the world. How can that not be impressive? I am impressed by anyone that has skills that are better than mine, whether it's sports, acting, management skills, etc.

No my game doesn't compare to his. Does that exclude me from having an opinion? Considering 75% of the posts on this BB are criticisms of athletes by people who don't measure up, I don't think what I'm saying is that out of the norm.

I consider it a rather unimpressive Sunday performance. He almost choked away the Masters on the back 9. It's no different than if Chiefs played like hell, and won in spite of their poor play. I'd probably say it was an unimpressive win also (along with a lot of other people).

Am I impressed with his skill level? Of course. That goes without saying. I'm impressed with the skill level of any athlete that's good enough to play on the highest level. But what goes along with playing at that level is an expectation of performance.

Tiger's win of this Masters tournament won't be remembered as one of the greats. It may be remebered for his lucky shot on 16, but thats all. And I'll remember his performance as him spending the entire afternoon in the rough, and missing a very makeable putt on 18 that would have sealed it.