ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life On vacation for a week in Kona, Hawaii (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265878)

whoaskew 10-29-2012 11:57 AM

On vacation for a week in Kona, Hawaii

http://asknigeljohnson.com/on-vacati...eek-in-hawaii/

It is 7:30am local time and I just woke up. One of the first things that I did is check Chiefsplanet (one of my favorite sites) to see what I missed in the world. After spending nearly all day traveling yesterday to get here from Kansas City, I was pretty exhausted when I finally arrived last night.

Surprisingly, the tsunami didn't cause any delays for me at the airports, but each of my two layovers posed their own challenges.

My first layover was in Denver, where for a couple hours I had to endure watching Bronco fans and John Elway posters everywhere I went. The only thing that made me feel comfortable was knowing that Denver played the Saints in the Sunday night game, and I hoped that my cousin would be activated by the Saints for the game so he would have an opportunity to pick off a Peyton pass (or two) like he did to Aaron Rogers last year. I still don't know who won that game and I am scared to look.

My second layover was in San Francisco, where I was initially so thankful that I was able to catch the final 3 quarters of the Chiefs game. I was convinced that we were going to pound the Raiders into the Aarowhead turf, which would have allowed me to walk around in the Raiders own Bay Area backyard with my chest poked out, full of that Aarowhead pride. Of course the Chiefs let me down (AGAIN) and not only did they ruin my taste for football, they ruined my taste for the amazingly awesome Reuben sandwhich that I was eating while watching the game.

I boarded the plane, full of disgust and anger, and midflight the pilot came over the loud speakers to tell us passengers that the San Francisco Giants had just won the World Series, so the Bay Area had even more reason to celebrate that day.

Sometimes it sucks to be a Chiefs fan, but at least the tsunami didn't ruin my vacation...

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-29-2012 12:05 PM

**** you. I spent my vacation in Horton, Kansas.

Bugeater 10-29-2012 12:06 PM

**** you, I still haven't gotten my vacation. Although I'm off today and tomorrow.

Bump 10-29-2012 12:07 PM

Kona brewery is okay beer

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-29-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9062612)
**** you, I still haven't gotten my vacation. Although I'm off today and tomorrow.

Horton is beautiful this time of year.

OK no it isn't.

Bugeater 10-29-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9062619)

OK no it isn't.

Hey, it has a lake, which more than I can say for Omaha.

boogblaster 10-29-2012 12:10 PM

id trade ya places this week .....

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-29-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9062630)
Hey, it has a lake, which more than I can say for Omaha.

It's got a pool... and a pond......... the pond might be better for you.

MagicHef 10-29-2012 12:25 PM

There's a restaurant in Waimea named Merrman's that is very good. Also, we did a hike from the highway to a pebble beach just north of Kona where a large group of sea turtles were swimming around and would swim up into a small lagoon off the beach. There was no one else there except for an old Hawaiian guy using a net to catch fish off the beach. It was pretty awesome.

58-4ever 10-29-2012 01:53 PM

The Big Island is the BEST. It's a lot less touristy, and you can easily get around to just about anywhere you want to go. Have fun!! I don't know that I have a ton of recommendations for Hawaii. You should know what to do. ;)

58-4ever 10-29-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9062687)
There's a restaurant in Waimea named Merrman's that is very good. Also, we did a hike from the highway to a pebble beach just north of Kona where a large group of sea turtles were swimming around and would swim up into a small lagoon off the beach. There was no one else there except for an old Hawaiian guy using a net to catch fish off the beach. It was pretty awesome.

That's the best part about Kona. There are so many places that make it seem like it's just you and the locals.

Easy 6 10-29-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9062619)

OK no it isn't.

LMAO

In58men 10-29-2012 02:05 PM

Went to Maui last year, great choice for a vacation. The scuba diving is awesome.

vailpass 10-29-2012 05:23 PM

The World Series was this week?

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-29-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 9063502)
The World Series was this week?

**Obligatory "I'm too cool to watch baseball" post***