ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Matt Barkley... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272550)

Rasputin 08-17-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9893882)
And he effectively played his way out of first round consideration as the season went on. His shoulder is not the only reason why he plummeted to round 4.

Well my eyeballs told me he played pretty good against the Panthers so we shall see if he can progress from that and if turns out to be pretty good then we ****ed up by not taking him.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-17-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9893887)
Then why the freak outs when Dorsey passed on a QB in round 1 this year?

Because, and this is damned good point; we could have had just about ANY of those guys at any time. We could have had Barkley, Bray, AND Smith in this draft on the cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeap.

Between the three of those guys, we could make one of them work.

Yes, I just advocated a 3 QB Draft/UDFA pickup for a team who's QB situation prior to the draft was THE WORST IN THE LEAGUE.

notorious 08-17-2013 11:08 AM

It would have been tragic to draft Manuel at one and keep Winston....

Horrific.

Setsuna 08-17-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9893919)

Horrific.

Preach it brother. Manuel was possibly the worst Bills pick I've ever seen.

Rasputin 08-17-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Horrific.

Why would we have to keep Winston? Can't say we couldn't find a better option during the offseason than Winston.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-17-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9893754)
It's risky of course it's all a risk and no damn guarantee in the NFL. I know it's always a risk with every player but to do the same damn thing and expect different results is definition of CRAZY or INSANITY.

Lil' Chiefy does not approve of this line of thought.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-17-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Horrific.

We can't have nice things.

tredadda 08-17-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9893894)
Because, and this is damned good point; we could have had just about ANY of those guys at any time. We could have had Barkley, Bray, AND Smith in this draft on the cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeap.

Between the three of those guys, we could make one of them work.

Yes, I just advocated a 3 QB Draft/UDFA pickup for a team who's QB situation prior to the draft was THE WORST IN THE LEAGUE.

Now which GM out there does that? What successful organization does that? This draft was projected to have a weak QB class and you wanted to take 2-3 hoping one works out? That's 3-4 years of hoping in the meantime passing on another possible stud in a year or two because you want to give your guy more time. If there was a stud QB available I would have been all over us getting him. Hell I wanted to give up three first rounders or more the year prior for RGIII. I just do not think blowing multiple picks on project at best QBs (at this moment) is smart business.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-17-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9894342)
Now which GM out there does that? What successful organization does that? This draft was projected to have a weak QB class and you wanted to take 2-3 hoping one works out? That's 3-4 years of hoping in the meantime passing on another possible stud in a year or two because you want to give your guy more time. If there was a stud QB available I would have been all over us getting him. Hell I wanted to give up three first rounders or more the year prior for RGIII. I just do not think blowing multiple picks on project at best QBs (at this moment) is smart business.

Sweet's goddamned organization, that's who.

tredadda 08-17-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9894357)

ROFL Fair enough.

WakkaWakka 08-17-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9894357)

ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-17-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9894373)
ROFL Fair enough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WakkaWakka (Post 9894502)
ROFL

Reid:

"Hey Sweets, the draft is coming up, we have the 1.1, and I think it would be in the clubs best interest to draft the best lineman available and trade for Alex Smith, the Quarterback from Sa"-

wah-PAH!

Sweets:

"Get yo' ass the **** outta' my office and go run snakes until I tell you stop, mother****er"!

SanDiego49er 08-18-2013 02:19 AM

He's not doing real well. He may lack the NFL arm.