ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music Headphones (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264395)

ILChief 10-01-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 8966108)
Why do Beats suck? Had my solo HD's for a year now, use them every day at work & at the gym. Best $150 i ever spent.

I don't think they suck. I think you're paying alot for the brand and fashion statement

Papi 10-01-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 8967238)
I don't think they suck. I think you're paying alot for the brand and fashion statement

This, crazy markup. Anytime I see someone with them on I immediately know one thing about them: sucker.

Papi 10-01-2012 02:46 PM

I'm partial to Sennheiser and Pioneer. For your purposes a pair of lower end Sennheiser will sound amazing and be near your $ range. Someone already said the HD280 Pro. Do yourself a favor and grab those. :thumb:

QuikSsurfer 10-01-2012 02:59 PM

Sennheiser CX 475 in-ear --- love them

DaveNull 10-01-2012 03:14 PM

Those JVCs might not be too bad. I had a pair like that from Koss a while back that were similar. You couldn't hear *anything* and they sounded pretty good. A little too much on the bass (just like everything from Koss) but overall good for the price.

The big thing is to understand your needs. If you want something that's going to be used for running, then big over the ear's probably aren't the way to go. Stability is as important as anything else in that situation. I also wouldn't run with those marshmallow earbuds because you might not hear cars around you.

If you're going to be wearing them for hours at a time, spend a little money and get something that's going to be comfortable. Same thing for the sound. If they sound like ass, then you won't actually end up using them as much.

Oh, and for sound quality once you get a pair of good headphones you'll quickly see that it does matter as you start pulling out old albums to listen to again. The Beatles albums in particular are almost like new if you have the remasters and some half way decent speakers or headphones.

Buehler445 10-01-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 8966634)
If your problem with the standard earbuds is comfort, you may not need to go all the way to over-ear headphones for relief. I use some inexpensive JVC earbuds with marshmallow soft earpieces that produce decent sound and are very comfortable even after long periods. I even sleep with mine in sometimes, which is something I never could have done with Apple's standard issue buds. They do a pretty good job of blocking out external sound too. Best of all, they're only $10-15 or so (even cheaper for some colors). Search for "JVC Marshmallow" on amazon.com or click on the picture below for a black pair that's selling for $10.70.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

If you have other reasons for wanting over-ear headphones (super audiophile, ears get cold, etc.), sorry for wasting your time.

I bought a pair of V-Moda from Radio Shack. Dude said it would do pretty well about keeping noise out. I thought BS, but they've got this rubber seal that seals to your ears and actually does a fair job. Nowhere near the battery powered noise reducers though.

But the sound is excellent for in ear jobs, they have all metal plugs and speaker housings along with quality materials, and they were in the $60 range. I couldn't be happier with them.

I looked for them on V-Moda's website and couldn't find them. But you might try there. I really like them.

T-Town 10-01-2012 03:31 PM

I got my Sennheiser HD 202 Headphones off Amazon and love them! $25.00

Molitoth 10-01-2012 04:59 PM

Go with Sennheiser's, which is a TRUE professional brand, and not just a marketing gimmick (like BEATS).

Bwana 10-01-2012 05:44 PM

I have a pair of Denon noise-cancelers that are life savers on flights.

Aspengc8 10-02-2012 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8967919)
Go with Sennheiser's, which is a TRUE professional brand, and not just a marketing gimmick (like BEATS).

I went with the Beats Solo HD, and don't regret it. I'm sure most of the price is for the name, but vs the other $150 headphones that were on display, the bass sounded by far the best on them. Don't remember the other brands but the prices were all around the same.

Had them for over a year and use them daily in the gym & during football warm-ups. Dropped them a hundred times and still good to go.

Are there better headphones for that price? Sure.
Do they sound good? Hell yeah.. especially if you like bass.

Molitoth 10-02-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 8969758)
I went with the Beats Solo HD, and don't regret it. I'm sure most of the price is for the name, but vs the other $150 headphones that were on display, the bass sounded by far the best on them. Don't remember the other brands but the prices were all around the same.

Had them for over a year and use them daily in the gym & during football warm-ups. Dropped them a hundred times and still good to go.

Are there better headphones for that price? Sure.
Do they sound good? Hell yeah.. especially if you like bass.

Sorry, after re-reading my comment I did seem a bit harsh.
I like Beats Audio quality and I shouldn't have knocked them, but I really do prefer other brands for the price (Same with Bose). There is a significant markup on Beats audio right now due to the popularity like someone else mentioned.

Audio Technica and Sennheiser both make fantastic headphones that can be found online for cheaper.

Aspengc8 10-02-2012 02:10 PM

Anyone have experience with ear-buds made specifically for running/activity so they dont fall out, but offer high end audio quality & bass? Budget is $150-200.

Molitoth 10-02-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 8970877)
Anyone have experience with ear-buds made specifically for running/activity so they dont fall out, but offer high end audio quality & bass? Budget is $150-200.

I would check to see what Shure has out.

jd1020 10-02-2012 07:14 PM

For in-ear headphones I use Klipsch s4's. They'll run you about $70-80. They have a pretty thin wire and some people complain about it breaking but I haven't had a problem with it. The only time it broke was when I left it out and my cat thought it was a toy. I love'em. The sound is pretty awesome and its constantly compared to the quality of headphones that run you $200+. I personally can't verify that since I'm not stupid enough to spend that kind of money on headphones.

aturnis 10-02-2012 09:09 PM

How about in ear "earbuds" with a cloth/fabric covered cord? Preferably decent sound, not picky. For my fiance who mostly listens to audio books. Maybe under $30? Sick of buying cheap sets over and over. The cloth seems to extend the life considerably.