ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Old movies that bring back nostalgic memories (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274534)

Ceej 07-16-2013 09:42 AM

I say this with the utmost embarrassment but add Little Monsters to my list too.

The Franchise 07-16-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9815091)
I say this with the utmost embarrassment but add Little Monsters to my list too.

**** embarrassment. I love that movie and I still watch it every time it comes on TV.

KevB 07-16-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9814885)
I guess Stand by Me would have to be the quintessential for my generation.

Definitely, I had this on my list earlier also. It was enhanced by the fact that I'd read the Stephen King short (The Body) several months before. I was so excited to see the book I'd read translated to the big screen.

frankotank 07-16-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9815100)
Definitely, I had this on my list earlier also. It was enhanced by the fact that I'd read the Stephen King short (The Body) several months before. I was so excited to see the book I'd read translated to the big screen.

WOH!
THIS reminded me of this....
we were on vacation and I read Alien at grandmas house.
then it came out and I was the same way. couldn't WAIT.
so....ALIEN from 1979.
and then in 86....ALIENS.

two movies that couldn't be more different from one another....and both are ****ing AWESOME. (I'll give a nod to ALIENS as my fav though)

Easy 6 07-16-2013 01:06 PM

Corvette Summer... my favorite cars have always been 70's vettes, plus it starred Luke Skywalker, as a kid thats all i needed to know to be enthralled.

listopencil 07-16-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9814843)
Blade Runner (still the best death scene ever)

Made me a Rutger Hauer fan.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/a_saUN4j7Gw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KevB 07-16-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9815430)
(I'll give a not to ALIENS as my fav though)

The hints of comedy in ALIENS puts also puts it on top for me. Bill Paxton was great.

Ceej 07-16-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9815092)
**** embarrassment. I love that movie and I still watch it every time it comes on TV.

I bought it. LMAO

KCUnited 07-16-2013 02:38 PM

Gremlins

Great Expectations 07-16-2013 02:38 PM

Warriors
Vacation (got to see boobies)
Spies Like Us
Back to the Future
Indiana Jones
Weird Science

JD10367 07-16-2013 02:59 PM

For me, it's not necessarily films I saw in the theater (although there's plenty of those--"Star Wars", "Jaws", "Raiders Of The Lost Ark", "E.T.", etc.,.). It's more about the films I saw on television as a little kid: "Jesus Christ Superstar", "The Ten Commandments", "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory", "The Wizard of Oz", "The Sound Of Music"... Those were 'event' films as a child, usually always aired around holidays, and something I'd get to stay up late for.

Speaking of holidays... Pretty much any puppetry Rankin & Bass ever made. "Rudolph", "Year Without A Santa Claus", "Frosty", even the cartoon stuff like "Twas The Night Before Christmas" (with the mice)... Hard not to watch that stuff and feel 8 years old again.

And anyone old enough to remember "Schoolhouse Rocks!" on ABC Saturday morning? You know, the short educational stuff that used to air back when Saturday morning cartoons were actually good? "Conjunction Junction", "Verb (That's What's Happenin')", "I'm Just A Bill", "Shot Heard Round The World", "Interjections!", etc.,. Awesome stuff.

listopencil 07-16-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 9815753)
And anyone old enough to remember "Schoolhouse Rocks!" on ABC Saturday morning? You know, the short educational stuff that used to air back when Saturday morning cartoons were actually good? "Conjunction Junction", "Verb (That's What's Happenin')", "I'm Just A Bill", "Shot Heard Round The World", "Interjections!", etc.,. Awesome stuff.

Yup. I bought the Schoolhouse Rock! Rocks CD. Probably my favorite track:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LVfe6rdHRKI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Al Bundy 07-16-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9813233)
Rad
Bloodsport
3 O'clock High
Blood In Blood Out

Absolutely. Great ****ing movies.

Al Bundy 07-16-2013 04:21 PM

I will say that Weird Science and the movie Manhunter take me back, especially Manhunter, those neon teal colors were so popular in Florida it takes me back.

Brock 07-16-2013 05:03 PM

Any Hughes movie.