ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Which Super Bowl do you want to see? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268855)

GoChargers 01-14-2013 12:01 PM

Media hype doesn't erase the fact that Ray was never found guilty of murder. In fact, ESPN's slurping in and of itself is a more valid reason to root against him than claiming he's a "murderer" while rooting for the other team's criminals.

Again, I'm not saying everyone has to root for the Ravens, but the moralizing about Ray Lewis is neither factual nor logical.

Brock 01-14-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9317202)
Again, I'm not saying everyone has to root for the Ravens, but the moralizing about Ray Lewis is neither factual nor logical.

Sure it is. He was involved in a murder. Two in fact.

GoChargers 01-14-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9317205)
Sure it is. He was involved in a murder. Two in fact.

Stallworth actually was personally responsible for killing someone.

Every team employs criminals. It's pointless to root against someone for being a criminal when every team either has at least one on the roster or will have one in due time.

memyselfI 01-14-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9317151)
Would love to see either Jim or John (or both) punk you. No one can stand you, dude.

And yet, they can't shut up about or ignore me. Damn... :D

htismaqe 01-14-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9317176)
Maybe it's because one player is a slam dunk HOFer being lionized by all the networks and the other guy is a third string receiver on IR.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Brock 01-14-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9317213)
Stallworth actually was personally responsible for killing someone.

Every team employs criminals. It's pointless to root against someone for being a criminal when every team either has at least one on the roster or will have one in due time.

Stallworth actually took responsibility. The other guy didn't.

Brock 01-14-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9317218)
Don't hate the player, hate the game.

I don't hate either one.

memyselfI 01-14-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9317202)
Media hype doesn't erase the fact that Ray was never found guilty of murder. In fact, ESPN's slurping in and of itself is a more valid reason to root against him than claiming he's a "murderer" while rooting for the other team's criminals.

I'm not a Ray Lewis fan in the slightest and him going on and on about 'God's will' makes me want to puke. But I do like Flacco, Oher, Harbaugh and a number of other people on that team. I'm good with rooting for the Ravens because it's Ray's last year.

GoChargers 01-14-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9317224)
Stallworth actually took responsibility. The other guy didn't.

The other guy was found to have misled police, took responsibility by publicly admitting to it, paid his fine and served his probation, and turned his life around after that. Yet people continue to harp on him for something he didn't actually do over a decade ago.

Brock 01-14-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9317236)
The other guy was found to have misled police, took responsibility by publicly admitting to it, paid his fine and served his probation, and turned his life around after that. Yet people continue to harp on him for something he didn't actually do over a decade ago.

How do you know what he did or didn't do? All we know for sure is that a couple of guys are dead because they crossed the path of Ray Lewis one night, and for some reason he "couldn't find" the clothes he was wearing that night.

Dayze 01-14-2013 12:18 PM

I'd like a Niner's Falcons SB.
Or Ravens Niners

GoChargers 01-14-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9317242)
How do you know what he did or didn't do?

Because he was only found guilty of obstructing justice in a court of law. The only court to have found him guilty of murder is the court of public opinion, and that doesn't figure in.

It's true that nobody who wasn't at the crime scene will ever know what happened, but that doesn't automatically mean Ray's a murderer.

Nzoner 01-14-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9317253)
I'd like a Niner's Falcons SB.

huh?

Dayze 01-14-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 9317287)
huh?

meter.....calibrate
;
:D

Buck 01-20-2013 12:59 PM

To be honest, I'm stoked about each and every single team if they make the Super Bowl.

San Francisco has the backup qb angle.

New England has Tom Brady going for 4 Championships.

Baltimore and Atlanta each have a great player retiring who get the chance to go out on top.