ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Money Would you consider yourself an expert in your chosen field? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269170)

Ace Gunner 01-22-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9340836)
I've been doing the same thing for over 20 years. While I'm very good at what I do, I also know that you never know it all and there's always room for improvement

this

BlackHelicopters 01-22-2013 02:58 PM

I can change the battery in the smoke detectors with the best of them.

Fish 01-22-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 9341935)
Correct it is a pop3 account and I have contacted my e-mail server,my web page designer,Apple and even had a close friend who is good with these things and still no luck.I have the phone set up like my laptop which works fine and my previous phone,an android was set up the same and worked fine.

Well the problem must be with the SMTP configuration portion. Something in that portion is not correct. That's the only logical possibility. I'd go back to the SMTP server settings, and when you get to the Primary Server field, click again on the server listing to bring up the details of the SMTP server. Ensure that host name is correct. Ensure that the user name is correct. I'd try both youremail@yourserver.com and simply "youremail" without the @yourserver.com. Enter your password again there as well. If you need SSL, be sure that it's turned on there. Be sure the port number is correct.

Be sure that you're using the e-mail address from the server you're sending from too. Meaning if you have 2 e-mail addresses, like joeblow@yahoo.com and joeblow@gmail.com, and you're trying to send mail using gmail's SMTP server, you have to provide the joeblow@gmail.com name and password for authentication to your SMTP server. I've seen people in that situation use another e-mail address, but SMTP servers will deny it unless it's an address from their service.

This type of issue is generally always a mixup of SMTP info details. There's very little else that would cause it to fail.

If none of that works, I'd delete the account from the phone, and add it again. You won't lose any e-mail or anything.

BigMeatballDave 01-22-2013 05:55 PM

Operated CNC machines for 15 years. That industry has evolved a lot over the years. They basically want engineers running machines. I'm done with it.

I begin CDL training on the 28th.

Mosbonian 01-22-2013 06:08 PM

I've been in my field for 37 years....I mentor all my Team members and am asked to speak at Industry Group Meetings and National Conventions. But the one thing I am sure of with all my experience, I still have a long ways to go.

Spicy McHaggis 01-22-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9340862)
Changed roles at my company about a year ago. Went from being a data analyst (manager of a team) to a business analyst.

Still have a lot to learn in the new role and I am working towards a certification. Not an expert in the overall job but working of getting there.

Why did you switch? And do you like the change thus far?

hometeam 01-22-2013 06:48 PM

I have been in my business for ten years+ . I pretty much know nearly everything there is to know about my part of the field. I do accept there are still some things out there I could learn, but I have a wealth of knowledge.

Psyko Tek 01-22-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9340741)
I can color inside the lines, show up for work with both shoes tied, and have 0 DWI's.

I'd say I'm easily in the top 10% at work...

have 5 dwi's (all collected 20 years ago, had a bit of lapse)
don't care about the lines
|I am everybody's first source for questions

I am alright

was the best at what I did (in the 90's)
and what IU do is unwanted right now

seclark 01-22-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9342503)
I have been in my business for ten years+ . I pretty much know nearly everything there is to know about my part of the field. I do accept there are still some things out there I could learn, but I have a wealth of knowledge.

Yeah, whatever...as long as there's a place to take a shit after eating those belly-bombs they feed us for lunch, that's all the knowledge I need.
Sec

Iowanian 01-22-2013 07:30 PM

I'm very good at what I do and have a different approach than most in my field. My issue is that Being great today doesn't mean you're good tomorrow, because things change so fast. Too many things in my field for someone to know everything.

Hell, today my new guys were showing me something I didn't know how to do.

I think any time you get significant experience in a field, it's not so much that you know which button to push every time, but have the know-how and the can-do that you know what you want to do and you can figure out a way to do it to get the desired outcome.

That's the difference between someone who is good and someone who is experienced and good.

I'm a life-long learner.

CrazyPhuD 01-22-2013 07:43 PM

Honestly I don't think about it. I live by an old rule. If you have to tell someone you're smart then you're not.

So as a parallel if you have to tell someone you're an expert then you're not. Just do your shit, if you're good people will listen to you or ask your advice. That's your answer to if you're an expert.

Rain Man 01-22-2013 08:21 PM

I'm an expert at the things that I'm really good at, and I'm not an expert at the things that I don't know very well. My field has a lot of different facets.

EagleRob 01-22-2013 08:22 PM

I think "expert" is determined by your value to others not based on a self assessment. How often do people come to you for assistance? How often do they return for more advice later? If you're the local, regional, or national go-to guy for a particular subject matter, trade, or craft, you're an expert.

crispystl 01-22-2013 08:30 PM

I'm an office manager and I would consider myself pretty damn good at what I do (especially) compared to the others at my work, but I know there are thousands of people in the rest of the world that would just annihilate me at my job. I'm the best where it counts though lol

crispystl 01-22-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9342921)
I think "expert" is determined by your value to others not based on a self assessment. How often do people come to you for assistance? How often do they return for more advice later? If you're the local, regional, or national go-to guy for a particular subject matter, trade, or craft, you're an expert.

well if that's the benchmark I'm the ****ing man lol