ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Speaketh, Dear ChiefsPlanet... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=236639)

Chiefs Pantalones 11-10-2010 05:48 PM

Speaketh, Dear ChiefsPlanet...

What are your feelings on the Chiefs since the loss? And don't base it on the fact that we lost, but how we played in that loss. Has your outlook and/or expectations changed? Do you still feel like we are winning this division?

It seems some of the excitement has since disappeared. No more playoff expectations? Our schedule is favorable but just as we can beat anybody, we proved this past Sunday we can lose to even crap teams like the Raiders.

Thoughts?

hugs and kisses,

VT

Fish 11-10-2010 05:53 PM

We're not going to win another game. And I'll only change my mind if they win this weekend...

petegz28 11-10-2010 05:55 PM

I still feel good about this team. Lets look at some facts of the last game.

Fluke cirumstances on the game-tying drive:

1. Washington gets hurt giving the Raiders a free stoppage of the clock
2. Raiders get called for holding under 2 minutes and no timeouts and there is no 10 second runoff
3. Washington gets called for a clear phantom hold
4. Refs review a clear catch allowing the Raiders to not have to spike the ball and giving the a long stoppage of the clock
5. Flowers has an interception go through his hands and the Raider's WR gets his hands on it and bobbles it all the way to the ground and it is not reviewed.

That shit just happens sometimes. The majority of the game tying drive was out of our hands as the Refs chose to intervene or not intervene or not enforce the rules accordingly and all ended up in the favor of the Raiders. They capitalised on it so no shame to them. They played the hand they were dealt.

Had a good Ref crew been on the field, Washington does not get called for the phantom hold, 10 secs is run off the clock bringing under 30 secs if I remember correctly, after the Raiders holding penalty, and the bobbled "catch" gets reviewed thus not allowing the Raiders the field position for the tying FG.

I thought we played well enough to keep them from tying the game but some rotten luck hit us at the worst time.

Earthling 11-10-2010 05:55 PM

We are still on top. And we are winning more than anyone thought we would. I'm still excited.

Sully 11-10-2010 05:55 PM

5-11

Simply Red 11-10-2010 05:56 PM

Hopefully the internet will take cassel with it, whenever it crashes.

Ming the Merciless 11-10-2010 05:56 PM

My excitement is still there...

I never got my hopes up about winning playoff games THIS season...Even before the HOU and IND losses.

The OAK loss basically doesn't change anything....like it or not, this is a rebuilding team. The progress is much faster than I could have imagined....

I am excited about the DEN game....if we can win, I think we will be in a pretty good position to at least get one playoff game.

Even one playoff game's worth of experience would be invaluable to this team IMO.

Our team is young, we faced a tough road crowd and pretty much beat ourselves last Sunday. Too many penalties, missed opportunities....

But we are growing and to me it seems we are learning and growing every week. I have really high hopes for the Chiefs for the next several years. I haven't been able to say that for a long time.

Chiefs Pantalones 11-10-2010 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthling (Post 7163500)
We are still on top. And we are winning more than anyone thought we would. I'm still excited.

But what are your expectations and have they changed?

Direckshun 11-10-2010 05:57 PM

It was a big reality check, that this team has a lot of talent but still a ways to go.

We're going to need at least a couple more solid drafts to get this team where it needs to go.

Basically, we need to ride out the Cassel era by getting as much talent as possible, so that when we do finally discover a franchise QB, we'll be amazing.

Rausch 11-10-2010 05:58 PM

This is our chance to rebound.

We've had some sloppy play and it's catching up with us.

It's time to turn it up. We drop this game and we're in deep $3it.

Time to pull up our big girl panties and take back our division...

Earthling 11-10-2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 7163506)
But what are your expectations and have they changed?

My expectations are that we will indeed win the AFCW. I dont have expectations after that....yet.

Simply Red 11-10-2010 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 7163499)
but some rotten luck hit us at the worst time.

That's just it though, Pete; we ALWAYS have that 'rotten luck' - we're TIRED ****ING of it. There comes a time where team and personal/player accountability HAS to be observed. I seriously would be tickled pink if they'd put Brodie in. ...And you all can call me a dumbass until you're blue in the face regarding that last sentence, if ya'll don't concur.

petegz28 11-10-2010 06:01 PM

Look at it this way. It took the Raiders getting some fluke calls going their way at the end and they still had to beat us in OT at their house.

I know they had a ton of penalties called on them throughout the game. Lucky for them the Refs are only allowed to call holding when Hali is involved once every 8 games or they never would have had a 1st down.

Mr. Laz 11-10-2010 06:01 PM

bit disappointed in our coordinators recently tbh

Weis is still using the same 12 plays they have been using all year

i understand that Crennel is bend,don't break but you need to fire it up occasionally just to keep the offenses honest.

petegz28 11-10-2010 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 7163515)
That's just it though, Pete; we ALWAYS have that 'rotten luck' - we're TIRED ****ING of it. There comes a time where team and personal accountability HAS to be observed. I seriously would be tickled pink if they'd put Brodie in. ...And you all can call me a dumbass until you're blue in the face regarding that last sentence, if ya'll don't concur.

We have had rotten luck with t he officials all year. To a good extent we have played through it. I can think of one BS call that went our way and several that didn't. The problem with being accountable is you can only be so accountable when the rotten luck (calls) starts hitting you in the last minute of a game. If a Ref makes a bad call at the end of the game, Indy, Houston, Oakland, you have really no time to play through it.