ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Prayer Request My New Years Resolution - I'm going to quit smoking (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279920)

TLO 12-24-2013 01:12 PM

My New Years Resolution - I'm going to quit smoking

A little background information;

I've been smoking for about a year. I smoke about a pack a day, maybe a little less. I've noticed that since I've started smoking, I get sick easier, I have a hell of a lot less cash laying around, not to mention I hate smelling like smoke, (all my shit smelling like smoke, etc).

I don't want to do the e-vape thing. But quitting cold turkey scares me a little.

Any advice for me? Words of encouragment? I'm all ears, and would appreciate some postive support.

Thanks,
Big Smoke

OrtonsPiercedTaint 12-24-2013 01:14 PM

Your package shouldn't rolled up on your deltoid any way

saphojunkie 12-24-2013 01:15 PM

You've been smoking a year? How the **** old are you?

Quitting smoking after a year advice... hmm... let me think.

Oh yeah. ****ing quit. It's not like it's hard. You aren't some thirty year vet with a hard addiction. Sack up.

|Zach| 12-24-2013 01:16 PM

You will be less cool.

Phobia 12-24-2013 01:19 PM

You're nowhere near ready to quit. You need a near-death experience and then you can quit. Ain't no sense quitting after a year, dude.

Deberg_1990 12-24-2013 01:22 PM

Good luck!
Posted via Mobile Device

CrazyPhuD 12-24-2013 01:24 PM

Heh my advice? Don't resolve to do something....just do it. There's a reason why the vast majority of people fail with 'New Years Resolutions'. Simply, no matter what they resolve to do, it's just not that important to them. If it was they wouldn't be resolving to do something, they would be doing it....today.

If you've decided to do something then do it today. Don't wait for silly things like the new year, all that means is that you're not really committed to doing it. If you're not committed you will fail.

The Franchise 12-24-2013 01:26 PM

You just started man. How do you know you don't like it? You haven't been doing it long enough.

Seriously though....the patch.

Rain Man 12-24-2013 01:27 PM

You should change your user name to "No Smoke" to remind yourself.

big nasty kcnut 12-24-2013 01:29 PM

If you want to quit do it get the nicertine gum to wane off the craving. Use a carrot to hold in your hand so you get out of the habit of having a cigarette in your hands don't hang around people who smoke. Also drink plenty of water to get the toxins out of your body. Finally replace smoking with a hobby that you love to do like running reading or laughing. Hope this help

Sofa King 12-24-2013 01:31 PM

Break your fingers so you cant open the packages.

TLO 12-24-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10309020)
You've been smoking a year? How the **** old are you?

Quitting smoking after a year advice... hmm... let me think.

Oh yeah. ****ing quit. It's not like it's hard. You aren't some thirty year vet with a hard addiction. Sack up.

Easy for you to say it isn't hard. Feel free to go **** yourself.

hometeam 12-24-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 10309057)

I smoked for 4 years. I quit cold turkey, it wasn't hard, I just didn't smoke any more.

Don't be beetch.

In58men 12-24-2013 01:43 PM

I don't have one.

I had a good year this year, just gonna keep doing what I'm doing. I don't smoke so **** you cancer

trndobrd 12-24-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 10309057)

I quit cold turkey after 14 years. No patch, e-cigs, just decided I was done smoking and quit.

Clear your house of all cigs, lighters, ashtrays, etc. Plan to quit drinking for a while, that's what gets most people restarted. Start working out, with lots of cardio, and set some other non-smoking goals to concentrate on. Things you want to accomplish not things you can't do.