ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Wheatly, Ritchie, Stinchcomb, Johnstone out for Oakland (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=13768)

58Forever 11-03-2000 09:59 AM

Johnstone is out for sure...the others are listed as questionable...

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

NFLMarty 11-03-2000 10:12 AM

I got the story from USA Today and they are normally right on with their stuff<P>

NFLMarty 11-03-2000 10:13 AM

I got the information from the USA Today and they are normally right on with their stuff.<P>

thehead 11-03-2000 10:16 AM

Well that seem's like a lot of key injuries.
remember the donkeys when they would say smellway had a broken leg & game time would come running out.I would much rather have them nice and healthy myself

GO CHIEFS

thehead 11-03-2000 10:17 AM

remember the donkeys when they would say smellway had a broken leg & game time would come running out.I would much rather have them nice and healthy myself

GO CHIEFS

thehead 11-03-2000 10:18 AM

GO CHIEFS

thehead 11-03-2000 10:18 AM

GO CHIEFS

NFLMarty 11-03-2000 11:25 AM

FROM THE SAN JOSE PRESS DEMOCANT (he, he, I mean Democrat)

Injuries sideline 4 starters

November 3, 2000

By DAVE WILLIAMS
THE PRESS DEMOCRAT

ALAMEDA -- Raiders coach Jon Gruden is prepared to go into Sunday's crucial AFC contest with arch-rival Kansas City without four of his starters, including his entire backfield.

Raiders halfback Tyrone Wheatley and fullback Jon Ritchie, as well as left tackle Matt Stinchcomb and defensive end Lance Johnstone are all, in Gruden's mind, very doubtful. Wheatley has a high ankle sprain, and Ritchie has a strained right calf. Stinchcomb has a second-degree sprain of the right knee and Johnstone has a groin injury.

"If today is any indication, it doesn't look like we'll have any of those four players," Gruden said. None of the four practiced Thursday.

The Raiders will start Zack Crockett at fullback, Napoleon Kaufman at halfback, Barry Sims at tackle and Regan Upshaw at defensive end.

"You're not going to see us crying about who we don't have," Upshaw said. "This is a big game for us, and we've got to get it done."

Gruden said the offensive scheme won't change much.

"Obviously there's different plays and different points you might emphasize for different types of guys. But there won't be dramatic changes in our style," he said.<P>

58Forever 11-03-2000 11:31 AM

DE Lance Johnstone groin Out
T Matt Stinchcomb knee/shoulder Doubtful
S Johnnie Harris ankle Questionable
WR Jerry Porter hamstring Questionable
RB John Ritchie calf Questionable
RB Tyrone Wheatley ankle Questionable
S Eric Johnson shoulder Probable
WR Andre Rison toe Probable

This is from NFL.com

[This message has been edited by 58Forever (edited 11-03-2000).]