ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* 2014 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280149)

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-12-2014 06:00 PM

Getting on some jumping jacks in a few . think I'll go for 20 in a row tonight.

edit: I feel pretty good , might try 3 or 4 leg lifts afterwards.

ChiefsOne 04-12-2014 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10557489)
He timed about a 4.29 in the 40, right?

Got a baby's arm holding an apple connected to his crotch, by chance?

No, 4.67, while holding 100lb dumbbells in each hand, asshole!

Simply Red 04-12-2014 08:10 PM

I'm going in.

ChiefsOne 04-12-2014 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 10556265)
So, there's a groupon for two weeks of kickboxing classes for $19 at Title Boxing here in town. My friend is trying to talk me into doing it with her (she already bought her deal). There are three classes per week I can make it to, but I will have been to the gym first. My first priority are my workouts. I keep telling myself that it's too much, but part of me thinks it will be fun, and it's only two weeks.

I have a few friends the workout there and they love it. I might try it, but I don't think it's anything i want to do, already paying for two memberships, can't justify a third.

If you do it, split them to twice a day, not back to back. You'll get a lot more benefit from the split.

Hammock Parties 04-12-2014 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10558598)
I'm going in.

http://media.giphy.com/media/NjWY0eJATrK8/giphy.gif

Pasta Little Brioni 04-12-2014 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10558598)
I'm going in.

Thought this was dating thread for a bit

luv 04-12-2014 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsOne (Post 10558607)
I have a few friends the workout there and they love it. I might try it, but I don't think it's anything i want to do, already paying for two memberships, can't justify a third.

If you do it, split them to twice a day, not back to back. You'll get a lot more benefit from the split.

I am not a morning person. No way I'm working out before work. I decided against it. It sounds like fun, but I don't want to wear myself out.

BigCatDaddy 04-12-2014 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 10558631)
I am not a morning person. No way I'm working out before work. I decided against it. It sounds like fun, but I don't want to wear myself out.

LMAO. It's a joke from what I've seen that a few teachers in our area.

luv 04-12-2014 08:42 PM

Tomorrow is the last of my strength training week before going back to endurance reps, and it's a leg day. Weights I'm looking to match or beat:

Barbell squats - 130lbs
Leg press - 250lbs
Step ups - holding two 20s
Lunges - holding 35s

Then it's a little core work with leg lifts and planks before doing the prowler.

Prowler - 10s on each side, 4 rounds (up and back), rest 1 min, 4 rounds, rest 1 min, 4 rounds.

Aspengc8 04-13-2014 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsOne (Post 10557409)
I'd do it if there weren't side effects and long term health problems.

Got a link to the studies for 'long term health problems'? Also which steroid(s) are you talking about because literally their are dozens of compounds administered both orally and intra-muscular.

Aspengc8 04-13-2014 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 10558670)
Tomorrow is the last of my strength training week before going back to endurance reps, and it's a leg day. Weights I'm looking to match or beat:

Barbell squats - 130lbs
Leg press - 250lbs
Step ups - holding two 20s
Lunges - holding 35s

Then it's a little core work with leg lifts and planks before doing the prowler.

Prowler - 10s on each side, 4 rounds (up and back), rest 1 min, 4 rounds, rest 1 min, 4 rounds.

Nice job Luv! almost at a plate on each side for squats, you'll be squatting more than 90% of the planet fitness community :D

Great job on keeping track of your weights and knowing to beat them, either by hitting an extra rep or adding weight, gotta make progress! Most guys go in and just wing it, and then wonder why they make no progress. Keep up the good work.

luv 04-13-2014 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 10558670)

Barbell squats - 130lbs 140lbs
Leg press - 250lbs 270lbs (three 45s!)
Step ups - holding two 20s same
Lunges - holding 35s 40s (I don't think I could have gripped heavier for long enough)

New highs listed! Also added a mile at 5mph on the treadmill at the end. I don't think there's a dry spot on my tshirt.

Hammock Parties 04-13-2014 03:44 PM

ya'll like my abs

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ymPu3L13PkM?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-13-2014 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 10559185)
New highs listed! Also added a mile at 5mph on the treadmill at the end. I don't think there's a dry spot on my tshirt.

Pic's or it's a lie !

Easy 6 04-13-2014 05:26 PM

My new program starts tomorrow, been building up to and stewing on this for a long time, weighed in at 220 a few months ago and decided enough was enough.

I used to focus too much on muscle at first at the beginning of any regimen, this time its going to be ALL about cardio and nutrition until I'm back down to my fighting weight of 180-185, sick of looking at this belly and fat, swollen ham face... hiding these beautiful, high cheekbones is a crime.

The muscle work can begin when I'm back down to ground zero.

The nutrition part is going to be mostly the same though... which is low fat based, **** that no carb stuff, the intensity of my exercising requires carbs to pull off and besides that I like to feel FULL. This baloney of meat and veggies only just wont wash, I don't want to be hungry again 2 hours after a meal.

Until I get back to ground zero the supplements will only be a quality multivitamin, but I will get on the creatine and powdered protein wagon when phase two begins.

Also, and most importantly, I'm switching to vaping... these freakin cigs gotta go, I'm no longer 25.