ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* 2014 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280149)

Simply Red 01-09-2014 11:00 PM

Or could you maybe just re drop the link or suggest what page Abs would be discussed....?

ThaVirus 01-09-2014 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 10358610)
Pretty easy to get a pump in your quads. If you are not, then you probably need to do more reps (in each set, not necessarily more sets). Or you can try drop sets; or you can try supersets; or you can try flexing the muscle for 60 seconds immediately after each set.

What are your goals and what are you doing currently?

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 10358671)
Put 135 on the bar and get in 100 reps in as few sets as possible. Parallel or lower or the rep doesn't count.

I was just curious because I've never gotten a noticeable pump in my quads or calves after a workout. I didn't know if there was some kind of anatomical difference between leg muscles and your chest/arms or if I'm just not working hard enough..

ThaVirus 01-09-2014 11:20 PM

Anyway, I've been low-calorie ing it up for the last few days. I had tried to bulk up the "wrong" way and just didn't like the amount of fat I developed on my belly. So the plan is to shave off the few pounds I stored up in that region and start over doing it with lean meats and veggies and things.

I want to be bigger but I'd rather be lean and healthy.

Simply Red 01-09-2014 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut (Post 10358680)
except for the bitter cold i have been working out thou what a good cure for legs tightening i have to move around at my job and need something to help me move got anything

Epsom salt bath buddy. Epsom Salt - Get it at Target or Walgreens - if you go to Walmarts, I'm kicking your ass at or near the George Brett statue at the K this, next season.

Got it!

big nasty kcnut 01-09-2014 11:28 PM

Dude I don't fight this gore my health and bath salt I'll give that a try

Simply Red 01-09-2014 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut (Post 10358732)
Dude I don't fight this gore my health and bath salt I'll give that a try

i'm jokin with ya bud :thumb: - yes buy some and make the bath fairly hot - should help.

Buehler445 01-09-2014 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut (Post 10358680)
except for the bitter cold i have been working out thou what a good cure for legs tightening i have to move around at my job and need something to help me move got anything

Stretch before you go to bed. Eat bananas. Drink lots of water.

Buehler445 01-09-2014 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10358708)
I would like some ab exercise suggestions please, ones in which nothing else it required.

Are you looking for alternatives to sit-ups or what?

Simply Red 01-09-2014 11:46 PM

Hi Silock,

I have to know - do you still have days you eat a whole bag of oranges? can you explain the benefits of that?

Silock 01-10-2014 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10358708)
I would like some ab exercise suggestions please, ones in which nothing else it required.

Ab rollouts on a wheel.

You're better off doing complex movements, though. I haven't done ab specific exercises in nearly a decade.

Silock 01-10-2014 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10358751)
Hi Silock,

I have to know - do you still have days you eat a whole bag of oranges? can you explain the benefits of that?

Yes.

No benefits other than I like oranges, and it fits my macros and gives me energy. I don't consume a ton of oranges and then consume a ton of other sugar or carbs on top of that, though. If I eat that many oranges, that's basically my carb intake for the day.

They also take up a lot of room in your stomach, being mostly water and fiber, so they really fill you up and keep you full for a while.

Simply Red 01-10-2014 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10358807)
Yes.

No benefits other than I like oranges, and it fits my macros and gives me energy. I don't consume a ton of oranges and then consume a ton of other sugar or carbs on top of that, though. If I eat that many oranges, that's basically my carb intake for the day.

They also take up a lot of room in your stomach, being mostly water and fiber, so they really fill you up and keep you full for a while.

that's cool - i only mess with those and pineapple, I don't venture too far out w/ sweets even the natural stuff.

Aspengc8 01-10-2014 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10358727)
Anyway, I've been low-calorie ing it up for the last few days. I had tried to bulk up the "wrong" way and just didn't like the amount of fat I developed on my belly. So the plan is to shave off the few pounds I stored up in that region and start over doing it with lean meats and veggies and things.

I want to be bigger but I'd rather be lean and healthy.

If your trying to put size on, your going to put a bit of fat on, no matter which way you cut it. Maybe start with a lower surplus, like +250 cals over mtce and work your way up from there. Your body doesn't exactly work in '24hr cycles', so make sure your still eating a good amount on 'off days'.

Aspengc8 01-10-2014 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10358724)
I was just curious because I've never gotten a noticeable pump in my quads or calves after a workout. I didn't know if there was some kind of anatomical difference between leg muscles and your chest/arms or if I'm just not working hard enough..

It's probably the latter. What does your leg day look like? Leg press & Hack squat machine with your feet closer together, as well as walking lunges or bulgarian split squats should pump the shit out of your quads.

penguinz 01-10-2014 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10358724)

For a lot of people legs tend to benefit more from high reps. I feel much more from a day of high rep sets with less weight over doing high weight and low reps.