ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* 2014 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280149)

RunKC 03-24-2014 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10514393)
Remove the fat...see the abs.

You can have a 6-pack through low bodyfat alone without working out. Lots of AB work is severely overrated and a waste of time. Lower abs are one of the last to show so it takes getting pretty ****ing ripped to see them.

Well my regular abs are slowly starting to show. It's getting there. Meanwhile my ****ing lower abs look like shit. It's like no matter how ****ing well I eat or how much cardio I do it doesn't matter. It's still pooch fat no matter what I do.

Shit, I didn't eat great, but in high school I ran like like a mother****er at football in the fall and track in the spring and it was still ****ing there. I hate it.

Cephalic Trauma 03-24-2014 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10514393)
Remove the fat...see the abs.

You can have a 6-pack through low bodyfat alone without working out. Lots of AB work is severely overrated and a waste of time. Lower abs are one of the last to show so it takes getting pretty ****ing ripped to see them.

This is me. I've had abs since high school (25 now), but I haven't done an actual ab workout in years. I'm not a stick, either. I just don't deposit fat in that area, even when I'm not working out regularly. However, when I do work out- great things.

lewdog 03-24-2014 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10514408)
Well my regular abs are slowly starting to show. It's getting there. Meanwhile my ****ing lower abs look like shit. It's like no matter how ****ing well I eat or how much cardio I do it doesn't matter. It's still pooch fat no matter what I do.

Shit, I didn't eat great, but in high school I ran like like a mother****er at football in the fall and track in the spring and it was still ****ing there. I hate it.

Genetics bro.

Like me. :(

luv 03-24-2014 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 10514409)
This is me. I've had abs since high school (25 now), but I haven't done an actual ab workout in years. I'm not a stick, either. I just don't deposit fat in that area, even when I'm not working out regularly. However, when I do work out- great things.

I'm probably the only one here who would truly appreciate them, but we're gonna need pics of said abs.

Simply Red 03-24-2014 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 10514246)
I know it's always dangerous to post pictures of ourselves on here, but oh friggin' well. Here's my before and "in progress" picture. Almost halfway to where I want to be! Oh, and the In Progress picture is from tonight after the gym.

http://i62.tinypic.com/dxjy4w.gif

RunKC 03-24-2014 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10514414)
Genetics bro.

Like me. :(

Surely dedicated long-term eating and workouts targeting this area can beat this?!

lewdog 03-24-2014 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10514421)
Surely dedicated long-term eating and workouts targeting this area can beat this?!

I really don't give that big of shit. I don't want to be fat but I don't give two shits about having a six pack. I want slabs of muscle and to be as strong as I can be naturally.

I don't have the patience for cardio all the time.

penguinz 03-25-2014 07:42 AM

****ing yum!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dQeOQiqOva...es%20cream.png

NewChief 03-25-2014 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 10514246)
I know it's always dangerous to post pictures of ourselves on here, but oh friggin' well. Here's my before and "in progress" picture. Almost halfway to where I want to be! Oh, and the In Progress picture is from tonight after the gym.

Wow! Huge difference!

luv 03-25-2014 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 10514894)

I keep hearing amazing things about Quest bars. I've never tried one, but a friend of mine did. She didn't find anything special about it. I'll have to try them sometime.

Hammock Parties 03-25-2014 07:57 AM

180 calories, 21g of protein. Might as well just drink a protein shake and save the calories (120/24 in mine). Better than eating a candy bar though.

Aspengc8 03-25-2014 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douche Baggins (Post 10514918)
180 calories, 21g of protein. Might as well just drink a protein shake and save the calories (120/24 in mine). Better than eating a candy bar though.

I eat them during the day, at least 4-5 a day. I get stuck in meetings that can last 2-3 hours, and If im hungry its easier to eat two of them than sneak out to the kitchen and make a shake. Do what ya gotta do to get the calories in :evil:

Choc chip cookie dough, banana nut muffin and cashew coconut are by far my favs.

penguinz 03-25-2014 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douche Baggins (Post 10514918)

The 19g of fiber more than make up for the extra 50 calories over a scoop of powder.

And this is not a protein replacement. It is an extra way to get good protein, fiber and help satisfy sweet cravings.

luv 03-25-2014 08:12 AM

I like that they contain whey protein. I can see how one would be good in a pinch, or maybe right after a workout. My gym sells them. I may see about trying one sometime.

Simply Red 03-25-2014 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 10514894)

penguinz - GNC clerk pretty much went nuts over these - indicating they could barely keep them on the shelf - I thought they were meh at best - then I tried the double chocolate - it was excellent. the others honestly didn't excite me much.