ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs JUST GOT MY TIX!!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=187664)

InChiefsHeaven 07-23-2008 09:27 AM

JUST GOT MY TIX!!!

For the beat-down opening day against the Raiders!!

I'm pumped. I always worry about weather or not I'll be able to get one, even though I know that less fans are clamoring for tickets these days. But, it IS the Raiders after all, so I'm hoping the thing sells out!

...shit. Now I can't wait for September. I only go to one game a year, so it's like my pilgrimage to Mecca (not the poster...).

...OK, I'm all calm now. As the date gets closer, I'll look for the topic on the tailgate party to see where you guys will be and try to stop by.

Rock on, and GO CHIEFS!!!:thumb:

Mr. Plow 07-23-2008 09:51 AM

It is the Raiders.....and the Chiefs. Should be a snoozefest.

Mr. Plow 07-23-2008 09:51 AM

But have fun.

DaFace 07-23-2008 10:00 AM

I can't bring myself to pay for travel plus tix this year, but it would be fun to go...even in a down year. I miss Arrowhead. :sulk:

luv 07-23-2008 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 4862912)
It is the Raiders.....and the Chiefs. Should be a snoozefest.

What? Should be one of our closer games this year.

Mr. Plow 07-23-2008 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 4862971)
What? Should be one of our closer games this year.

7-3 does not sound too exciting.

Radar Chief 07-23-2008 10:19 AM

More like a reerun slap fight than a beat down but it’s good that you’re pumped. :thumb:

Stinger 07-23-2008 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 4862976)

What are you kidding???????? What is more exciting than a game winning field goal with no time left on the clock. Chiefs win 3-2

luv 07-23-2008 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 4862976)

As long as we're the 7, then it's all good. Getting up at 4am, leaving town at 4:30am, getting in line at the gate at 7:30am, tailgating.... It's a blast!

luv 07-23-2008 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinger (Post 4862979)
What are you kidding???????? What is more exciting than a game winning field goal with no time left on the clock. Chiefs win 3-2

Raiders just getting a safety?

Stinger 07-23-2008 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 4862981)
Raiders just getting a safety?

Well to tell you truth in my version each offense gets past the other teams 45 yard line just once in the game. Come on this is a Chiefs and Raiders offense we are talking about. o:-) :banghead:

luv 07-23-2008 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinger (Post 4862990)
Well to tell you truth in my version each offense gets past the other teams 45 yard line just once in the game. Come on this is a Chiefs and Raiders offense we are talking about. o:-) :banghead:

How about three FG's for us and one TD for them?

InChiefsHeaven 07-23-2008 10:30 AM

I will not let you all bring me down!! COME ON FUGGERS!! It's the RAYDURS...

...ah hell, I just look forward to the BBQ and booze before the game, and meeting people...I love the Arrowhead experience, even thought it's not what it used to be, it's still the greatest gameday in the NFL...

Mr. Plow...come by my spot on gameday and I'll buy you a drink...you sound like you'll need it...

...also I've never seen us play the Raiders, so it's also a new thing for me on that front...

beavis 07-23-2008 10:50 AM

It could be painful watching these two teams try to out-suck one another.

Mr. Plow 07-23-2008 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 4862997)
I will not let you all bring me down!! COME ON FUGGERS!! It's the RAYDURS...

...ah hell, I just look forward to the BBQ and booze before the game, and meeting people...I love the Arrowhead experience, even thought it's not what it used to be, it's still the greatest gameday in the NFL...

Mr. Plow...come by my spot on gameday and I'll buy you a drink...you sound like you'll need it...

...also I've never seen us play the Raiders, so it's also a new thing for me on that front...

Oh I love going to Arrowhead. I used to go to 2-3 games a year. But, having to drive 3 1/2 hours, paying for tickets, hotel, food, beer, and gas just to take a 3 hour nap isn't worth it to me.

I can sit in my basement, drink a few beers, eat some food, and when it starts getting dull - usually around the 7 1/2 minute mark of the 1st quarter under Herm - I can take a nap. The cool thing is, I don't miss much. Maybe LJ running into a TE instead of the RT.....Maybe a 15 yard pass to Bowe. But no scoring....and nothing inside the opponents 35 yard line.

Seriously....I love going....it's just not worth the effort.