ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!! Some how the local FOX affiliate got the rights... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=145765)

htismaqe 08-17-2006 08:06 AM

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!! Some how the local FOX affiliate got the rights...

So I will likely be forced to watch the game tonight with the Giant's announcers instead of ours.

That REALLY sucks, especially for preseason games...

ChiefsfaninPA 08-17-2006 08:08 AM

At least you get to watch the game, although it is nationally televised the Eagles have a game with the Ravens and it will be shown live at 8 in our local market. The Chiefs game comes on after the Eagles game and the news. So I now have to set my tivo for 1130 and listen to the game on Sirius. I hate the local affiliate. :cuss::cuss::cuss:

rad 08-17-2006 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
So I will likely be forced to watch the game tonight with the Giant's announcers instead of ours.

That REALLY sucks, especially for preseason games...

Isn't that because the game is being played in NY?

Do KC announcers usually cover road games?

htismaqe 08-17-2006 08:12 AM

It's nationally televised? Where was that noted?

That's actually GOOD. Won't have to listen to as much of a Giants slobberfest...

Who's the FOX team announcing then?

htismaqe 08-17-2006 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rad
Isn't that because the game is being played in NY?

Do KC announcers usually cover road games?

Absolutely. Twibel and Pearson did the Houston game.

Apparently the game tonight is nationally-televised.

rad 08-17-2006 08:14 AM

Quote:

That's actually GOOD. Won't have to listen to as much of a Giants slobberfest...

Yes.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/tv/national

dirk digler 08-17-2006 08:15 AM

Quote:

Aikman and Buck

htismaqe 08-17-2006 08:21 AM

GOOD.

Eleazar 08-17-2006 08:24 AM

Aikman is not bad, but Buck- I would rather listen to a cat being ground up by a belt sander.

The Red Sea 08-17-2006 08:25 AM

Sad to say I'm in the Same boat! =(

However I expected as much living just two hours drive from Giant..er..Jet Stadium!

My Father who Bleeds Giant Blue actually harassed me about tonights game.

I'm like Jesus Dad its a freakin preseason game the Chiefs are not only known for playing Vanilla offense but our D is trying out every guy on the bench just to see who can pull them out of despair this yr.
Our starting offense hardly Ever plays more than two series where other teams go four sometimes five..or even more.

Not to get you all riled but I just sipped my coffee to the NY sports channel here & you should hear the Giants players talk about tonights game.
They are really into it & talking it up.
The average comment from the players went as follows.
We hope to come out & Beat up on the Chiefs tonight they say their D has become better were going to prove that it doesnt matter.
We plan to light up the scoreboard a little more than the first game.

Etc & so forth.

As I watched the interviews I was like..ummmm something tells me the Chiefs players are not nearly this riled.

I've always felt thru the yrs in preseason no matter the Chief coach we Never truly try to see what our starters can do.
We always wait till either the last preseason game or the First game of the yr.

Yes I know we'd rather not see any injuries but for gods sake I want to see close to the first half getting our starters into a comfortable game time zone with each other!
The first two games against pretty good teams is NOT the time to get that done!

All plain Vanilla tonight while the Giants want to see what their capable of..same old same old.

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/280...iath2azig5.jpg

Iowanian 08-17-2006 08:30 AM

I'll say it again.....If the Giants Blitz Green, I want Gunther to Take Eli's head off.

htismaqe 08-17-2006 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Red Sea

However I expected as much living just two hours drive from Giant..er..Jet Stadium!

I'm like Jesus Dad its a freakin preseason game the Chiefs are not only known for playing Vanilla offense but our D is trying out every guy on the bench just to see who can pull them out of despair this yr.
Our starting offense hardly Ever plays more than two series where other teams go four sometimes five..or even more.

Not to get you all riled but I just sipped my coffee to the NY sports channel here & you should hear the Giants players talk about tonights game.
We hope to come out & Beat up on the Chiefs tonight they say their D has become better were going to prove that it doesnt matter.

Etc & so forth.

As I watched the interviews I was like..ummmm something tells me the Chiefs players are not nearly this riled.

I've always felt thru the yrs in preseason no matter the Chief coach we Never truly try to see what our starters can do.

Yes I know we'd rather not see any injuries but for gods sake I want to see close to the first half getting our starters into a comfortable game time zone with each other!

All plain Vanilla tonight while the Giants want to see what their capable of..same old same old.

It doesn't surprise me that the Giants players are saying that...they had a pretty poor showing against the Ravens and the coaching staff wasn't happy about it.

htismaqe 08-17-2006 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
Aikman is not bad, but Buck- I would rather listen to a cat being ground up by a belt sander.

I don't think we have to worry about Aikman falling all over the Giants...

rad 08-17-2006 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Red Sea

Etc & so forth.

I live about an hour away from you and thought about going down to the game, but not for 100 bucks for a decent seat. Not for preseason.

Rain Man 08-17-2006 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian
I'll say it again.....If the Giants Blitz Green, I want Gunther to Take Eli's head off.

I'd like to see that even if they don't blitz Green. If Eli was playing in San Diego, he wouldn't be at risk.