ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Amber Alert in Springfield (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281569)

Mr. Laz 02-18-2014 10:18 PM

Amber Alert in Springfield

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images...80_bigger.jpeg FOX 4 NewsVerified account ‏<s>@</s>fox4kc
Incident
<small style="font-size: 17.5px; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1; color: #999999;">Date: 2/18/2014 16:48</small>

This is an Amber Alert, the Springfield Missouri Police Department has issued an Amber Alert that occured at 3247 west Lombard at 4:48 pm on 02/18/14. Abducted was Hailey Owens a white female 10 years old. The suspect vehicle is a gold 2008 Ford Ranger Missouri registration 1YF454. The vehicle was last seen southbound on Scenic from Grand in Springfield, Missouri. The suspect is a white male, no further description is available. The victim, Hailey M. Owens is a white female 10 years old, 5 foot 2 inches tall, weighing 90 pounds with long brown hair, brown eyes and pierced ears. Owens was last seen wearing blue jean shorts and purple sandals.. . Please Contact Springfield Police Department at 417-864-1810

<table id="location-details" class="table table-hover" style="max-width: 100%; background-color: #f2f2f2; border-collapse: collapse; border-spacing: 0px; width: 870px; margin-bottom: 20px; box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.247059) 0px -3px 10px; color: #333333; font-family: 'helvetica neue', helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 20px;"><tbody><tr style="background-color: #ffffff;"><th style="padding: 8px; vertical-align: top; border-top-width: 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-top-color: #dddddd;">Address 1</th><td style="padding: 8px; vertical-align: top; border-top-style: solid; border-top-color: #dddddd;">3247 W. Lombard</td></tr><tr style="background-color: #ffffff;"><th style="padding: 8px; vertical-align: top; border-top-width: 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-top-color: #dddddd;">City</th><td style="padding: 8px; vertical-align: top; border-top-style: solid; border-top-color: #dddddd;">Springfield</td></tr><tr style="background-color: #ffffff;"><th style="padding: 8px; vertical-align: top; border-top-width: 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-top-color: #dddddd;">State</th><td style="padding: 8px; vertical-align: top; border-top-style: solid; border-top-color: #dddddd;">MO</td></tr></tbody></table>

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BgzdZNICYAA0iKL.jpg

Big Poppa Payne 02-18-2014 10:23 PM

What the **** is wrong with people? This makes me sick to my stomach.

Pants 02-18-2014 10:28 PM

I hope they find her unharmed. :(

-King- 02-18-2014 10:32 PM

I know this is ****ed up to say, but Amber Alert is pretty shitty. It just ends up annoying people more than it helps. Sending 500 text messages an hour does nothing to help the situation IMO. It just makes people talk about getting annoying texts instead of talking about the missing child.

Saulbadguy 02-18-2014 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10440589)
I know this is ****ed up to say, but Amber Alert is pretty shitty. It just ends up annoying people more than it helps. Sending 500 text messages an hour does nothing to help the situation IMO. It just makes people talk about getting annoying texts instead of talking about the missing child.

Yea, this is the first time I've ever gotten an alert sent to my phone. The alerts took over TV too, changing the channel wasn't an option.

LiL stumppy 02-19-2014 01:06 AM

got the message on my phone. posted it on fb as well. said he may be headed to ash grove. hope they find her unharmed

Mojo Jojo 02-19-2014 01:12 AM

They have found the guy and the truck, but the girl is still missing.

LiL stumppy 02-19-2014 01:26 AM

man i really hope they found him in time

Lex Luthor 02-19-2014 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10440589)

JFC. If it were your daughter, you'd want the authorities to do everything they possibly can to save her life. So you got annoyed? Boo ****ing hoo.

Selfish prick.

Lex Luthor 02-19-2014 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo Jojo (Post 10440756)

That doesn't bode well for her.

-King- 02-19-2014 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 10440763)
JFC. If it were your daughter, you'd want the authorities to do everything they possibly can to save her life. So you got annoyed? Boo ****ing hoo.

Selfish prick.

How am I being selfish? Annoying people is detrimental to what they're trying to do. When you have more people talking about getting text messages every minute rather than the content of the text message, there's a problem. Add to the fact that the ringtone for it is a siren and you have a recipe not for alertness, but for annoyance.

jonzie04 02-19-2014 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10440767)
How am I being selfish? Annoying people is detrimental to what they're trying to do. When you have more people talking about getting text messages every minute rather than the content of the text message, there's a problem. Add to the fact that the ringtone for it is a siren and you have a recipe not for alertness, but for annoyance.

holy shit, you seem very detached from humanity and reality. do you work in a morgue or something? I live in springfield, and the amber alert was very upsetting to my coworkers.

Why Not? 02-19-2014 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo Jojo (Post 10440756)

Here's where I hate our laws sometimes. Get this ****er in a cell and start cutting off parts until he talks.

SPchief 02-19-2014 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10440767)

Clearly it worked as it got tips on the truck that was in the alert.

-King- 02-19-2014 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 10440771)
Clearly it worked as it got tips on the truck that was in the alert.

I never said that sending the texts was bad, I'm merely talking about the frequency of them.