ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What do you give up to move up? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=253815)

OnTheWarpath15 12-17-2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tecumseh (Post 8210868)
Pioli is NOT going to trade up. He's commited to Cassel for at least another year.
If anything, replace Richardson , upgrade O-line. Draft some quality depth in the secondary. Perhaps a weak schedule next season, build some confidence.

Yeah, not so much on the weak schedule. I posted our opponents a few weeks back and it's nasty on paper.

OnTheWarpath15 12-17-2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8210888)
Yeah, not so much on the weak schedule. I posted our opponents a few weeks back and it's nasty on paper.

Found it:

6 AFC West games.

AFC North.

NFC South.

Last place AFC East. (Miami?)

Last place AFC South. (Indy, with either a healthy Manning, or Luck.)

Brutal.

bkkcoh 12-17-2011 11:31 AM

Almost any combination of our defensive line!!!!!!!

But wait, I guess that would only get us a case of brats, if we were lucky.

Mopery 12-17-2011 11:33 AM

Give whatever it takes to move up for RG3. I want a damn franchise qb! Rg3 would look swell in the backfield with Charles.

milkman 12-17-2011 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 8208529)
I bet with the rookie pay slotting, the old trade chart goes out the window and it becomes very expensive to move up. Teams didn't used to want to pick in the top 5 because of the contract size. Now you can get an elite player for a low price, so they are really going to want a team to make it worthwhile to trade down.

Kyle DeLexus addresses this in the post I've quoted two posts down, but to expand on his post, that chart was created well before the top 5-10 draft picks became so expensive to sign.

The rookie slotting in this new CBA makes that chart relevant again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renegade (Post 8208588)
We had a legit QB in Montana and still couldn't make it to the dance. Everything is a crapshot in this league (and a whole lot of lady luck on your side)

We had a two year window with an aging, injury prone QB, on a team that was otherwise ascending.

Bringing in that kind of QB on that kind of team is fine, but you better have a young developing backup to take over when that QB retires or is hurt.

Who would have guessed that an aging injury prone QB would get injured before he was able to get his team to a SB?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 8208739)
Chiefs will No take a qb this year imo-they will stick with Castle because he has mucho grande money left on his big Fat contract. Pioli will NOT cut loose of his coach and QB that were suppose to Save the franchise in the same season. His EGO is too BIG to look bad and admit he has made this team Much worse than when he took it over. They will trade down and get a "value" pick and pretty much be the same Cheap team as this year. Clark will act concerned as he is taking those checks to the bank though.

Cassel, if they chose to do it, could be cut with no cap repercussions.

His bonuses have all already been paid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 8208961)
The old trade chart hasn't been accurate for the top 5-10 for a few years now. As the prices got out of control, the trade chart valued the top picks too much.

I believe the trade chart will just become relative for the top of the draft again.

Chiefnj2 12-17-2011 11:49 AM

The chart doesn't take depth into account. If you have a year with 3 blue chip QBs and 6 teams that desperately need a QB, the price will go up. The Chart doesn't really decide value, it's the market. The Chart just gives Kiper and others something to talk about.

Sofa King 12-17-2011 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mopery (Post 8210899)
Give whatever it takes to move up for RG3. I want a damn franchise qb! Rg3 would look swell in the backfield with Charles.

n00b of the year.

OnTheWarpath15 12-17-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8211041)
n00b of the year.

Mult.

Rausch 12-17-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8210892)
Found it:

6 AFC West games.

AFC North.

NFC South.

Brutal.

$#it.

I guess our next HC will be expected to win games instead of lose pretty...

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-17-2011 01:22 PM

Quote:

Found it:

6 AFC West games.

AFC North.

NFC South.

Brutal.

Mcdummy and cassel that is 2-14

Rausch 12-17-2011 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8210884)
Good luck selling Crennel/Cassel to the fanbase next year.

I'd love HC-X + Crennel (as DC) next year.

Don't want C@$$hole on the team...

ChiefsCountry 12-17-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Found it:

6 AFC West games.

AFC North.

NFC South.

Brutal.

Guess we will be on the Tyler Wilson sweepstakes in 2013.

CaliforniaChief 12-17-2011 01:29 PM

I would give up multiple high picks if we can land either RG3 or Barkley. It's worth it. Use the middle round picks on OL, and late round picks on ST contributors/gadget players. Use FA to sign people for depth and on the line...

Charles, Berry, and Moeaki recover from injury...

And we are a legitimate contender immediately.

okcchief 12-17-2011 06:59 PM

My soul.

Chief Roundup 12-17-2011 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 8211129)
Charles, Berry, and Moeaki recover from injury...

We can hope so. But I doubt we get them all back at 100% of preinjury. Charles style of running, jump cut, makes it more difficult for him. RB's usually take a couple of years to recover. Not sure Moeaki can lose much and still produce in the NFL.