ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dosey'as agent and King Carl no longer talking to each other (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=187746)

BigRedChief 07-24-2008 07:50 AM

Dosey'as agent and King Carl no longer talking to each other

Per King Carl on 610 this am

King Carl is saying that Dorsey's agent is letting other players and slotting do his negoiating.

Chiefs have made offer to Dorsey in early June. Agent indicated on Monday that he wasn't ready to negoiate until the #6, #7, #8 picks have been signed.

Its all on Dorsey's agent now. The Chiefs will not talk to him anymore unless Dorsey's agent calls King Carl.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Had this in the Albert signing thread but it deserves its own thread. It real Chief news instead of another poop thread so bite me.

Deberg_1990 07-24-2008 07:52 AM

I smell another John Tait incident coming....

Skip Towne 07-24-2008 07:52 AM

I won't believe it until I see it on WPI

eazyb81 07-24-2008 07:53 AM

Lame. Carl is such an asshole.

Redrum_69 07-24-2008 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 4865140)
I won't believe it until I see it on WPI

LOL...yeah and I think there slogan should be:

"WPI...If we dont post it here from other web blogs first, then its not newsworthy..."

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-24-2008 07:57 AM

Dorseys agent should be fired if he wants every other god damn 1st rounder signed before he negotiates!!!!!!

blueballs 07-24-2008 07:58 AM

Bowe produced
his hold out amounted to squat in the long haul because of it
I expect the same of Dorsey

1ChiefsDan 07-24-2008 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 4865142)
Lame. Carl is such an asshole.

:hmmm:
If the information provided is true - how is this Carl's fault?
Carl: Here's an offer
Agent:.......................
Several weeks later - Agent: we won't negotiate until other players below us are signed too

If Dorsey is interested in getting into camp he needs to tell his agent to start negotiating.

BigRedChief 07-24-2008 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denverdanchiefsfan (Post 4865157)
Several weeks later - Agent: we won't negotiate until other players below us are signed too

If Dorsey is interested in getting into camp he needs to tell his agent to start negotiating.

The problem is that we don't know if its true. He said that Tait's agent wouldn't talk and was unreasonable. Then we found out there was another side to the story.

I bet we hear from his agent today.

Nightfyre 07-24-2008 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denverdanchiefsfan (Post 4865157)

Albert's agent is up for grabs. Just saying.

Chiefnj2 07-24-2008 08:04 AM

Dorsey's agent, Segal, represented 3 first round picks last year -- Levi Brown (No. 5), LaRon Landry (No. 6) and Craig Davis (No. 30).

Does anyone know offhand if Brown and Landry were holdouts?

1ChiefsDan 07-24-2008 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 4865163)
The problem is that we don't know if its true. He said that Tait's agent wouldn't talk and was unreasonable. Then we found out there was another side to the story.

Exactly my point - we have one side of the story so far. You are probably right about hearing from the agent today - which will give us information on the complete other side of the spectrum. The true answer will probably be somewhere in between.

It is just funny that with the side we do have that would indicate it is not Carl's fault - the blind hatred of Carl still makes people say stupid things.

LOCOChief 07-24-2008 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 4865163)

Yeah we found out Lock is an asshole.

mlyonsd 07-24-2008 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denverdanchiefsfan (Post 4865190)
the blind hatred of Carl still makes people say stupid things.

19 years of not accomplishing much of anything and still Carl having a job makes people say stupid things.

Nightfyre 07-24-2008 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 4865212)
19 years of not accomplishing much of anything and still Carl having a job makes people say stupid things.

I'm in the market for a job. Just throwing that out there.

Chiefnj2 07-24-2008 08:18 AM

Quote:

It is just funny that with the side we do have that would indicate it is not Carl's fault - the blind hatred of Carl still makes people say stupid things.

Lets have a party because he got a 1st round pick in camp and on time. It's not like thats the guys job or anything.

BigRedChief 07-24-2008 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 4865216)
Lets have a party because he got a 1st round pick in camp and on time. It's not like thats the guys job or anything.

The pussification of america continues. Heap high praise on someone for doing the job they are suppose to do. Sounds like a Chris Rock bit.

King_Chief_Fan 07-24-2008 08:30 AM

Quote:

Exactly my point - we have one side of the story so far. You are probably right about hearing from the agent today - which will give us information on the complete other side of the spectrum. The true answer will probably be somewhere in between.

The blind love for Carl makes people say that those who don't trust or believe Carl are haters and that we say stupid things. I am far from stupid and I rely on instincts when it comes to idiots like Carl.

1ChiefsDan 07-24-2008 08:42 AM

do you guys have any reading comprehension abilities at all? Where in my post did I heap praise or profess blind love for Carl?

The information provided says the agent won't negoitiate - a poster stated Carl was an ashhole because of this - my statement was if the facts we have are true - then this instance isn't Carl's fault.

Learn to read and understand instead of blindly hating.

BigRedChief 07-24-2008 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denverdanchiefsfan (Post 4865269)
do you guys have any reading comprehension abilities at all? Where in my post did I heap praise or profess blind love for Carl?

The information provided says the agent won't negoitiate - a poster stated Carl was an ashhole because of this - my statement was if the facts we have are true - then this instance isn't Carl's fault.

Learn to read and understand instead of blindly hating.

don't get all testy, just chill man its football season again.:clap:

Mizzou_8541 07-24-2008 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 4865243)
The blind love for Carl makes people say that those who don't trust or believe Carl are haters and that we say stupid things. I am far from stupid and I rely on instincts when it comes to idiots like Carl.

I am fairly new here and from what I can tell there isn't any Carl love on this board, and a limited number of Carl rationalists. Certainly not any blind love.

Dartgod 07-24-2008 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 4865374)
I am fairly new here and from what I can tell there isn't any Carl love on this board, and a limited number of Carl rationalists. Certainly not any blind love.

There is a significant amount of blind hatred, however.

Molitoth 07-24-2008 09:44 AM

Frazod 07-24-2008 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 4865394)

Two decades of FAIL will do that.

Mizzou_8541 07-24-2008 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 4865394)

I would say that is made painfully obvious within 15 posts max of anyone reading any thread at any time, football season or no.

ZootedGranny 07-24-2008 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 4865173)
Dorsey's agent, Segal, represented 3 first round picks last year -- Levi Brown (No. 5), LaRon Landry (No. 6) and Craig Davis (No. 30).

Brown missed one week of camp, Landry was out for 3 days, Davis signed before camp.

The year before, Segal represented Bush, who missed two days of camp.

The last contract Segal negotiated with the Chiefs was Pollards'.

ChiefGator 07-24-2008 10:06 AM

If Carl was worth his salt as a GM he would have already worked out the contracts for #6, #7, and #8 in the first round, and then signed Dorsey.

Damnit Carl!

KCrockaholic 07-24-2008 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 4865152)
Dorseys agent should be fired if he wants every other god damn 1st rounder signed before he negotiates!!!!!!

thats called, letting other people do your dirty work. I would say Dorsey needs to find a new agent.

StcChief 07-24-2008 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZootedGranny (Post 4865422)
Brown missed one week of camp, Landry was out for 3 days, Davis signed before camp.

The year before, Segal represented Bush, who missed two days of camp.

The last contract Segal negotiated with the Chiefs was Pollards'.

that history "may" indicate an early contract (next week) but with Dorsey #5 overall.... Carl still trying to keep Hunt's money in his pocket? who knows

noa 07-24-2008 10:22 AM

I don't really understand his agent's strategy. The Ryan and McFadden contracts are all Dorsey should need to demand a lot of money. If anything, I think it is a risk waiting for later guys to sign because they could always settle for something lower than Dorsey's agent is anticipating.

ChiTown 07-24-2008 10:24 AM

Damnit, Carl!:cuss:

BigChiefFan 07-24-2008 10:29 AM

Won't the guys drafted AFTER make less money than Dorsey? We all no the answer is yes, so what the **** do they have to do with anything? We know the slotting and the increase from last year to this year. What's the hold up?

King_Chief_Fan 07-24-2008 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 4865374)

fair comment..........

BigRedChief 07-24-2008 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 4865487)
Won't the guys drafted AFTER make less money than Dorsey? We all no the answer is yes, so what the **** do they have to do with anything? We know the slotting and the increase from last year to this year. What's the hold up?

Maybe they want more than their slot because they feel he should have been the #1 pick in the draft?

BigChiefFan 07-24-2008 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 4865520)
Maybe they want more than their slot because they feel he should have been the #1 pick in the draft?

The agent should know better than that. I'm sure he's trying get the most for his client, afterall, the more Dorsey makes, the more the agent makes, but good Lord, the guy needs to be reasonable, if that is indeed the case. This shouldn't be a big issue.

keg in kc 07-24-2008 10:49 AM

Carl's job is not just 'get him in camp on time', it's 'get him in camp with a reasonable contract'.

And this is negotiating through the media. We've heard this shit a thousand times before (not just from carl) and more often than not, we hear it not all that long before a deal is done.

Fish 07-24-2008 10:51 AM

I have difficulty busting Carl's nuts on this. It is still a business after all...

OnTheWarpath15 07-24-2008 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 4865537)
I have difficulty busting Carl's nuts on this. It is still a business after all...

Agreed.

10/12 in camp on time? And one of the two not signed is due to a medical issue?

Carl deserves some credit, IMO.

Frosty 07-24-2008 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 4865541)
Agreed.

10/12 in camp on time? And one of the two not signed is due to a medical issue?

Carl deserves some credit, IMO.

Carl lover. :harumph:

OnTheWarpath15 07-24-2008 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arc (Post 4865561)
Carl lover. :harumph:

Yep, that's me. They guy who made a Carl Peterson Tribute Film using Denis Leary's "I'm an Asshole" as the theme music...

:D

FAX 07-24-2008 11:26 AM

Perhaps this is all part of a grand, elaborate plan composed by the Master and unfolding before our eyes like an exquisite work of art.

While Dorsey holds out, our other defensive linemen will be forced to step up their game during camp by paying more attention to their technique and working harder. This, of course, will result in both increased individual strength and a dramatic improvement in respect to their measurable impact on the field. Then Dorsey, appearing at long last in the final pre-season game or the opener will be both unscouted and fresh; providing both an emotional and physical boost to our defense at the most opportune moment.

Nah.

FAX

King_Chief_Fan 07-24-2008 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 4865628)
Perhaps this is all part of a grand, elaborate plan composed by the Master and unfolding before our eyes like an exquisite work of art.

While Dorsey holds out, our other defensive linemen will be forced to step up their game during camp by paying more attention to their technique and working harder. This, of course, will result in both increased individual strength and a dramatic improvement in respect to their measurable impact on the field. Then Dorsey, appearing at long last in the final pre-season game or the opener will be both unscouted and fresh; providing both an emotional and physical boost to our defense at the most opportune moment.

Nah.

FAX

that sounds fairly optimistic...... One of my favorite Hermism's is that we will go with what we have. We can't worry about who isn't here.:banghead:

FAX 07-24-2008 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 4865679)
that sounds fairly optimistic...... One of my favorite Hermism's is that we will go with what we have. We can't worry about who isn't here.:banghead:

I hear ya, Mr. King_Chief_Fan peep. Over the years, Herm has developed a knack for saying the most obvious things in the most irritating manner. Kind of like Mr. Phobia.

FAX

Frosty 07-24-2008 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 4865568)
Yep, that's me. They guy who made a Carl Peterson Tribute Film using Denis Leary's "I'm an Asshole" as the theme music...

:D

Sorry. If you say anything positive about Carl, you are automatically a Carl lover. It undoes any previous "Dammit, Carl :cuss:"'s.

;)

kcwild 07-24-2008 12:11 PM

The problem will be that #6, #7 and #8 are waiting on #5 to sign so they will have their slotting. The NFL needs to develop a rookie salary structure like the NBA so even idiots like Carl can take the BS out of rookie negotiations and let him f-up when it's time to re-negotiate and develop the bad blood then as opposed to the beginning of a pick's career.

Chiefnj2 07-24-2008 12:13 PM

There were reports a week or so ago from ESPN and even insider WPI that the parties were talking. When Carl says an offer was made in June and now the agent isn't talking, his statement purposefully omits whatever transpired in the months between.

FAX 07-24-2008 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcwild (Post 4865723)
The problem will be that #6, #7 and #8 are waiting on #5 to sign so they will have their slotting. The NFL needs to develop a rookie salary structure like the NBA so even idiots like Carl can take the BS out of rookie negotiations and let him f-up when it's time to re-negotiate and develop the bad blood then as opposed to the beginning of a pick's career.

I totally agree and have been expressing the identical sentiment for some time, Mr. kcwild. But, does the NFL listen to me? Noooo. Sometimes life is like a one-eyed dog with a baloney tail in a crowded beaver house.

FAX

FAX 07-24-2008 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 4865729)
There were reports a week or so ago from ESPN and even insider WPI that the parties were talking. When Carl says an offer was made in June and now the agent isn't talking, his statement purposefully omits whatever transpired in the months between.

I got the feeling that Carl's tactic in this interview was to purposefully upset the agent, Mr. Chiefnj2. Kind of like what Ali used to do before a fight with Frazier. The idea is to piss off your opponent so much he can't think straight. Then, you can let him have it with the sneaky left or, in this case, move decimal points around at will and he won't notice.

FAX

Fish 07-24-2008 12:35 PM

**** you Jerry McGuire!

tomahawk kid 07-24-2008 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 4865786)
**** you Jerry McGuire!

Somebody get me Bob Sugar on the phone.

Hydrae 07-24-2008 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 4865520)

How would the signing of the lower picks factor into if that is the case?

Ralphy Boy 07-24-2008 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 4865173)

Landry signed on July 30, 2007
Levi Brown signed on August 3/4, 2007

Mecca 07-24-2008 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrae (Post 4865825)
How would the signing of the lower picks factor into if that is the case?

He wants to make sure they don't get more I'm guessing.....notice how if you go through you'll see a lower pick with a bigger contract in some cases.

noa 07-24-2008 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4865855)
He wants to make sure they don't get more I'm guessing.....notice how if you go through you'll see a lower pick with a bigger contract in some cases.

Yeah, but what if they get less than the agent is expecting them to get? Can't that screw him? Then Carl could say that the Ryan and McFadden contracts were anomalies and the lower ones are more indicative of the real value.

kcchiefsus 07-24-2008 01:19 PM

Got no link but Vernon Gholston has agreed in principle on a contract with the Jets. I see absolutely no reason why we should have to wait until the 7th and 8th picks sign as well. Having the #4 and #6 picks signed should be more than enough.

Bill Lundberg 07-24-2008 01:20 PM

Gholston Signed:

• The Jets have agreed in principle with Vernon Gholston, their top draft pick. No surprise there, as the two sides worked through the night in an effort to hammer out the deal. The NFL must approve the deal, but that should happen by the end of the day. The next practice doesn’t start until 5:45, so there’s a chance Gholston (No. 6 overall pick) could be on the field.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/

Mizzou_8541 07-24-2008 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Lundberg (Post 4865935)
Gholston Signed:

• The Jets have agreed in principle with Vernon Gholston, their top draft pick. No surprise there, as the two sides worked through the night in an effort to hammer out the deal. The NFL must approve the deal, but that should happen by the end of the day. The next practice doesn’t start until 5:45, so there’s a chance Gholston (No. 6 overall pick) could be on the field.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/

So with Gholston basically inked, someone explain again why Mr. Segal would need number 7 and 8 signed? I'm slow and that doesn't make any sense.

DeezNutz 07-24-2008 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Lundberg (Post 4865935)
the two sides worked through the night in an effort to hammer out the deal.

Carl seems to have done a good job thus far, but I get the sense that the above approach doesn't accurately describe the one employed by KC's front office.

Sometimes it would be nice to see this type of statement attributed to Carl, rather than "he just got back from vacation and will get started on contracts soon"...Maybe I'm being too critical.

Bowser 07-24-2008 01:39 PM

Carl's just a "tough son-of-a-bitch" when it comes to negotiating. Just ask, he'll tell you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 4865530)
Carl's job is not just 'get him in camp on time', it's 'get him in camp with a reasonable contract'.

And this is negotiating through the media. We've heard this shit a thousand times before (not just from carl) and more often than not, we hear it not all that long before a deal is done.

Reasonable contract for who is the question.

BigRock 07-24-2008 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 4865944)
So with Gholston basically inked, someone explain again why Mr. Segal would need number 7 and 8 signed? I'm slow and that doesn't make any sense.

He wants to add the contracts of #6, #7, and #8 and ask for the total as Dorsey's signing bonus.

noa 07-24-2008 01:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 4866064)
He wants to add the contracts of #6, #7, and #8 and ask for the total as Dorsey's signing bonus.

Carl might need to whip up one of those big checks

StcChief 07-24-2008 02:01 PM

If not Friday deal then Monday or Tuesday Dorsey should be in RF

keg in kc 07-24-2008 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 4866015)
Reasonable contract for who is the question.

Reasonable for everyone. Peterson doesn't get what he wants any more than the agent does.

BigRedChief 07-25-2008 06:21 AM

If the story is true and thats a big if.........How can someone blame King Carl for this late signing?

My King Carl bashing street cred is 50 cent good but on this issue as long as this is the truth I can't fault King Carl on this one.

King_Chief_Fan 07-25-2008 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 4868270)
If the story is true and thats a big if.........How can someone blame King Carl for this late signing?

My King Carl bashing street cred is 50 cent good but on this issue as long as this is the truth I can't fault King Carl on this one.

Per the KC Star

The Chiefs will have to wait for the other big guy. Glenn Dorsey was the fifth overall pick and is the highest draft pick who hasn’t signed. Chiefs president Carl Peterson said he temporarily suspended contract negotiations Thursday morning with Dorsey’s agent, Joel Segal.

“Glenn knows he needs to be here; I think Glenn wants to be here,” Peterson said. “Our comment to Glenn Dorsey’s agent was: ‘Look it, since you don’t want to negotiate, we’re going to go to camp and get started. When you want to negotiate, you know how to reach us, so give me a phone call.’

Carl is as guilty as Dorsey's agent. I am not saying it is the King's fault, but he could have pressed and given the sense of urgency to get this done.

Fish 07-25-2008 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 4868284)
Carl is as guilty as Dorsey's agent. I am not saying it is the King's fault, but he could have pressed and given the sense of urgency to get this done.

He could have pressed? What's that mean? The only way Carl could have hastened negotiations is to give in to the agent's demands. This is a business transaction. This is the way it works, and not just with the Chiefs. You can't just point to Carl and say "You should have gotten this done." Especially when it will likely make very little difference in the grand scheme of things.

Carl may be an all-around ass, but he's a good businessman.

FAX 07-25-2008 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 4868284)
Per the KC Star

The Chiefs will have to wait for the other big guy. Glenn Dorsey was the fifth overall pick and is the highest draft pick who hasn’t signed. Chiefs president Carl Peterson said he temporarily suspended contract negotiations Thursday morning with Dorsey’s agent, Joel Segal.

“Glenn knows he needs to be here; I think Glenn wants to be here,” Peterson said. “Our comment to Glenn Dorsey’s agent was: ‘Look it, since you don’t want to negotiate, we’re going to go to camp and get started. When you want to negotiate, you know how to reach us, so give me a phone call.’

Actually, this whole "Carl temporarily suspended contract negotiations" deal is ridiculous and completely erroneous. Dorsey's agent "temporarily suspended contract negotiations" when he said he wasn't ready to talk until a few more signings took place. I don't think Carl could have even gotten the agent on the phone to inform him we were "temporarily suspending contract negotiations". Personally, I think it's kinda funny watching Carl play "I said it first" in public.

FAX

BigRedChief 07-25-2008 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 4868618)
Actually, this whole "Carl temporarily suspended contract negotiations" deal is ridiculous and completely erroneous. Dorsey's agent "temporarily suspended contract negotiations" when he said he wasn't ready to talk until a few more signings took place. I don't think Carl could have even gotten the agent on the phone to inform him we were "temporarily suspending contract negotiations". Personally, I think it's kinda funny watching Carl play "I said it first" in public.

FAX

Your not breaking up with me...I'm breaking up with you!