ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Aw CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=11148)

Clint in Wichita 12-06-2000 10:29 PM

Will someone PLEASE explain to me why Bennett is still getting PT? What has he done to earn it? I'm going berzerk here. I don't care if all he has to do is block, this guy should not even be on the field unless all of our running backs are dead. And I am really pissed at how Kimble is getting the shaft, this is not the way to go out, I don't care how old he is...
http://www.kcstar.com/item/pages/spo...f81b.c06,.html

"In yet another personnel shuffle at running back for the Chiefs, Tony Richardson, Donnell Bennett and Frank Moreau are in.

Kimble Anders is out.

The Chiefs practiced Wednesday with Richardson as the starting halfback and Bennett at fullback. That's how they began the season before Bennett strained a ligament in his right foot in the opener, forcing the Chiefs to begin a dizzying rotation in the backfield.

Richardson also was scheduled to be the runner in the single-back formations the Chiefs use frequently.

Moreau, a rookie who hasn't played in the last five games, becomes the short-yardage and goal-line back.

Anders, the starting halfback the last seven games, has no role in the new mix." <BR>

Tribal Warfare 12-06-2000 10:35 PM

i think this is total bull shit.. kimble does not deserve to go like this. thanks for all the good memories kinble!!!!!!!!!

of course the way gunther changes his mind and says things to confuse the opposition i wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see kimble start and get many carries for the rest of the year. gunther is so full of shit. i can't wait until the day he's fired or at least the day he has the balls to quit.

------------------
~R.I.P. Tupac Shakur~

aaaaa 12-06-2000 10:36 PM

Hey DaWolf,

I'm not sure of the numbers, but I'm guessing that there is a big difference in our short-yardage effectiveness when Bennett is in there versus when he's not. I think it's probably similar to the night-and-day look of our overall running game when Szott isn't there compared to when he is.

Of course, I have no idea who that guy who was wearing Bennett's number Monday Night was. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/frown.gif

aaaaa 12-06-2000 10:38 PM

Kimble,

You represent the finest things about Chiefs football. Too bad you got hurt just as the team went into decline. Oh well, time to start playing the kids. Have a nice retirement!

Cannibal 12-06-2000 11:05 PM

Kimble deserved the #1 spot from the beginning of the year, but Gunther screwed him over. It's a disgrace how the organization treated such a veteran and team player. I hope that some fans who are going to game bring along a sign or two thanking Kimble for his years of excellent service.

At this point the ball should be going to Moreau and Cloud only. Despite the fact that Gunther thinks they have carried the ball a lot this year, clearly they have not been given a fair opportunity. We are out of the playoffs and we already know what Richardson and Bennett can do, or rather can't do, why not evaluate our youth?

I admire Gunther's work ethic but as a head coach he is an utter buffoon and keeps proving it time and again.

Stuckinbama 12-06-2000 11:11 PM

**** this coaching staff, they BLOW! They're all ****ING MORNONS. None of them deserve their position with the team. Kimble DESREVES to go out with dignity! It is the LAME COACHES FAULT that KC has NO Running game! fuck THEM!

Gaz 12-07-2000 01:38 AM

I guess that if T-Rich gets around 20 carries in each of the last 3 games, we'll find out something worthwhile. Obviously most of us would like to leave him at FB and sign a big-time feature back, but right now, it seems safe to say that Cloud will never be used, so we might as well look at T-Rich. I'm clutching at straws here!

From that same article, Gun said the team is considering signing a veteran lineman or receiver to replace Spears on the roster. That doesn't sound good for Ricks! God knows we should need another receiver!

Also, the Jets signed Kitchings. I bet he'll be good! I was excited about him before the season began, but his hamstring injury in TC killed any chance he had.

Lurker Brett 12-07-2000 08:05 AM

Aw, more Gooberspeak, with my apologies to the peanut industry. TR definitely is a player of the future with KC, but not at halfback. Bennett, why in the world as cap strapped as they are, would you even want him on the field. He should not be in the Chiefs plans, since he is going to count heavily against us, Kimble was a done deal, when he took the 100 grand signing to load everything into next year. We have 3 games, against 2 playoff teams, at least Carolina thinks they can make it, to evaluate for next year, why oh why, are we going in this direction. Only the moronic HC would do this, though admittedly he is trying to save his job, in all his years in this organization, has he not seen enough of Bennett.

Fat Homer 12-07-2000 08:18 AM

Gun had another brain fart...TRich at HB with Benett at FB makes more sense than the other way around...only problem is that it's 12 games too late...

Besides, don't worry about Bennett's playing time...now that he's the starter, he won't play...

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

DoktorSmith 12-07-2000 08:25 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Helvetica, verdana, ariel">quote:</font><HR>Besides, don't worry about Bennett's playing time...now that he's the starter, he won't play...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ouch!

xoxo~
gaz
admires a good jab to the heart.<BR>

TEX 12-07-2000 08:26 AM

DOES Bennet have pictures of someone in a compromising position??? I wonder if has a poloriod of Carl in a dress or something....no other reasonable explanation why that fat load of .6/ypc is dressing and kimble isn't.....

Why not put kimble in at least at backup fullback...he was a probowler???

I think Gunther is suffering from an oxygen deficienacy...from having his head burried VERY DEEPLY in his @$$.

Fat Homer 12-07-2000 08:30 AM

I'm wondering if this is another classic Gunther Brain Fart or are they really trying to see what they can do with the backs they have since we probably can't afford a name FA?...

I'm becoming as confused as Gun...but infinitely more frustrated at the indecision...Gun would make a great politician...promise everything...deliver nothing...

redfan 12-07-2000 08:35 AM

Did I wake up this morning and find Gunther has named ANOTHER starting RB? This has gone from confusing to criminal. I have no problem with Richardson at HB, but why was he ever removed? Look at the total carries and tell me how ANY back could succeed. Carl, fire this BUM today. Not at the end of the season, not after we lose to Carolina, not after he changes runners again, NOW, TODAY, THIS ****ING MINUTE!!!!!!!

F. Gump 12-07-2000 09:58 AM

Donnell must have pictures of Gunther in a compromising position. Just like Mike Stock and Spurt. I can’t think of any other valid reason why these idiots have jobs!

alanm 12-07-2000 10:04 AM

Unless there is something we don't know about Kimble (injury?), I agree with everything said in this thread. I've held my tongue concerning Gun up until now; I wanted to give him one more chance next season.
No more. This isn't even a RBbC issue. Kimble does not deserve this. That man has been an unsung hero for this team for years, and Gun replaces him with a guy who is absolutely the WORST RB in an NFL uniform. Why is he even in a uniform, let alone replacing Kimble? Why not replace him with Moreau, and rotate Dante Hall through so these guys can get some PT AND a fair chance to win. Jeez, ANYONE but Bennett. Why not start Maz as a RB; he'd get more yards and PUNISH tacklers!
I'll will root for the Chiefs players on Sunday, but Gun, you're done, along with the Stooges.
To quote Dick Cheney, "it is time, time for them to go."