ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Raiders | Jordan could be released (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=175055)

Bill Lundberg 11-21-2007 10:40 AM

Raiders | Jordan could be released

Quote:

Raiders | Jordan could be released
Wed, 21 Nov 2007 07:58:47 -0800

David White, of the San Francisco Chronicle, reports Oakland Raiders RB LaMont Jordan has asked to be released and the team could do so as early as Wednesday, Nov. 21.
Herm knows Lamont. Might be a nice stop gap.

Bill Lundberg 11-21-2007 10:41 AM

Quote:

Raiders | Bush could be activated Wednesday
Wed, 21 Nov 2007 08:00:53 -0800

David White, of the San Francisco Chronicle, reports the Oakland Raiders could activate RB Michael Bush (leg) off the Physically Unable to Perform list Wednesday, Nov. 21. Bush must be activated off the list or else go on the Injured Reserve.

siberian khatru 11-21-2007 10:48 AM

Zouk and I discussed this last night. We both said we'd be surprised if Davis cut a guy who could help the Chiefs this season.

I'd love to have Jordan if his back could hold up. But I would expect Davis to hold on to him the rest of the season if at all possible.

stevieray 11-21-2007 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru

I'd love to have Jordan if his back could hold up. But I would expect Davis to hold on to him the rest of the season if at all possible.

NTTAWWT

siberian khatru 11-21-2007 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray
NTTAWWT

Shame on you and your dirty mind.

Simply Red 11-21-2007 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray
NTTAWWT

*clapping*

siberian khatru 11-21-2007 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red
*clapping*

I've got two for you:

nlm

pr_capone 11-21-2007 11:04 AM

I would be ok with Jordan making a stop here. Might as well have a Vet in the RB corps that might be able to teach these kids a thing or two.

Iowanian 11-21-2007 11:10 AM

If Holmes is done and Johnson is done, they'll have to bring someone in.

It makes more sense to me that it be someone somewhat familiar with the offense, like Ross, but it would make sense if it were a reasonable contract.

Hal McRae 11-21-2007 11:10 AM

I think Jordan would be a good, at the correct price...we definitely need more depth at RB with Holmes going down, Bennett being gone, ect...

Then again, a lot of teams find good RB's in the middle to latter rounds, so that may be a viable option for depth?

pr_capone 11-21-2007 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hal McRae
Then again, a lot of teams find good RB's in the middle to latter rounds, so that may be a viable option for depth?

Sure... and we can address that in the draft but as of right now, we are running with only a single RB available on the roster.

Pick up Ross and Jordan both in case LJ cant make it back this year.

Hal McRae 11-21-2007 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone
Sure... and we can address that in the draft but as of right now, we are running with only a single RB available on the roster.

Pick up Ross and Jordan both in case LJ cant make it back this year.

Don't disagree Capone, the Chiefs have to look at all options, including Jordan, who I think has the ability to be a quality back, when healthy and focused.

Bill Lundberg 11-21-2007 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian
If Holmes is done and Johnson is done, they'll have to bring someone in.

It makes more sense to me that it be someone somewhat familiar with the offense, like Ross, but it would make sense if it were a reasonable contract.

As I understand it if we pick him up off of waivers then we have to take on his current contract. I don't know exactly what his number is this year, but I do know that he had to take a pay cut just to stay on the Raiders team this year. If he clears waivers, he becomes a free agent and will have to sign a new contract.

Reerun_KC 11-21-2007 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone
I would be ok with Jordan making a stop here. Might as well have a Vet in the RB corps that might be able to teach these kids a thing or two.

Uh Yeah, cause you know Lamont Jordan has been such a dominate force in the NFL for so long...

OMFG! LMAO

pr_capone 11-21-2007 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC
Uh Yeah, cause you know Lamont Jordan has been such a dominate force in the NFL for so long...

OMFG! LMAO

Longer than Ross and Smith, no?

Yeah... you are right. A guy who has stuck in the league for 7 years has nothing of value to teach a rookie.

WTF was I thinking?!?!?!?!?

idiot